It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cockroaches Have Super Antibiotics in Their Brains; We Must Steal Them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is a really cool article I just read. Would you use antibiotics from the brain of a cockroaches?
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Cockroaches take advantage of our messy hospitality, skulking around in the cracks and holes of our houses and devouring the scraps we leave behind. Soon, though, maybe we’ll be the ones taking advantage of their fondness for filth. The brains of these insects carry some serious antibiotics—strong enough to slaughter bacteria that have evolved resistance to the hospital antibiotics we use. The researchers presented their work at the Society for General Microbiology meeting this week in England, and say that while the finding is terrific, it’s no surprise given the roaches’ living circumstances:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

heh heh heh

I read that in the tidbits magazine at the local pizza place.
I'm not going to go around eating roaches brains.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
This is a really cool article I just read. Would you use antibiotics from the brain of a cockroaches?
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Cockroaches take advantage of our messy hospitality, skulking around in the cracks and holes of our houses and devouring the scraps we leave behind. Soon, though, maybe we’ll be the ones taking advantage of their fondness for filth. The brains of these insects carry some serious antibiotics—strong enough to slaughter bacteria that have evolved resistance to the hospital antibiotics we use. The researchers presented their work at the Society for General Microbiology meeting this week in England, and say that while the finding is terrific, it’s no surprise given the roaches’ living circumstances:

Well the buggers could survive a nuclear event...doesn't surprise me that they'd be able to fight off a lot of forms of bacteria. Nice find...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I always suspect that cockroaches are more intelligent than they seem and are actively plotting a form of biological warfare against humans as they amass their armies of germ virality from within our sewer systems.

edit on 23-9-2010 by quantum_flux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yes I believe roaches are planing an eternal struggle against man kind. Soon they will rise up and attack.
lol

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

We need to figure out how to use their own immunities for our defense against their attacks, I'm all for it

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Would explain alot. The amount of bacteria they are exposed to is too much to contemplate.

The crucial thing is not an immune system defeating the bacteria but actual antibiotics.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

heh heh heh

I read that in the tidbits magazine at the local pizza place.
I'm not going to go around eating roaches brains.
[/quote
If you think about it...lobsters are the cockroaches of the sea. Shrimp and crawfish (langostinos) are of the same phylum. In which case, if you've eaten any of those things, then you have dined on the delicacy of the cockroaches' cousin.

Nice, Op. s&f

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I have heard of Chinese herbal remedies for types of sickness that involved crushed cockroaches.
Ill see if I can find some info

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Pizza Hut: May I take your order ??

Customer: Yea, I'll take my usual ...
a large pan with peperoni and double
cockroaches please

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

ZHE CHONG

Names for Zhe Chong
Pharmaceutical: Eupolyphaga seu Opishoplatia
Botanical: Eupolyphaga sinensis walk., Steleophaga plancyi (Bol.) (Blattaria)
Other names: Di Bie Chong, Tu Bie Chong, Tu Yuan
Description: Cockroach.

Actions
Breaks up the Blood; Eliminates Blood accumulation; Strengthens the sinews and bones; ...

Origin of zhe chong
Hunan, Hubei, Jiangsu, Henan.;

Preparation of zhe chong
Cockroach females are caught in summer, killed by boiling in water, and dried in the sun.;

www.tcmassistant.com...

Tu Bie Chong
Submitted by Webdoktor on Mon, 2007-04-09 18:03. Ingredients
Latin name: Euphlyphaga seu Opisthoplatia

Tu Bie Chong Also Known As: Wingless Cockroach, Eupolyphaga, Zhe Chong, Di Bie Chong

Properties: SALTY - COLD, TOXIC

Dosage: 3 - 6g

Meridians/Channels: LIVER, HEART, SPLEEN

Breaks up and drives out blood stasis - amenorrhea, abdominal masses, numb and swollen tongue, postpartum
Renews sinews and connects bones - contusions, fractures, torn tendons and ligaments, lacerations
Also Used For: Toasted and ground Tu Bie Chong may be used for the treatment of acute lumbar strain

www.tcmassistant.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I would suggest you rethink rhis idea with great repentance. Their advanced scouts could start "District Nine" sooner rather than later. If you're having any doubts take a look at the link. www.aolnews.com... a-wows-the-web/19423132 www.aolnews.com...

top topics

join