It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS COMICS: Adventures in Conspiracy #2: The Paranoia!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Great work. As a supporter of brazillian comic book artists, I know how tough it is to get a big enough audience that can appreciate your art. Not only I give you my support, but I feel happy to see this community supporting you as well. Good job to you, to ATS staff and to everyone else encouraging Mr Mask! S&F

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

The real question is, "Why is there almost 3 minutes of static footage at the end?"

Could it be a mistake? Or, is there something more there?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
sounds like you are discribing paranoid schizophrenia, i find that most assuming since i imagen many ATS members suffer from it.

It is all too common these days, but then again it was around for a long time, think about it who else could have written the bible? lol

a schizophrenic hearing voices in thier head? thinking its god lol things make me laugh XD

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Not bad at all! It all went together so well and the dark atmosphere and background sounds gave it that real comic feeling. Never retire Mr mask and keep up the awesome work. $&F!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Five stars, three cheers, and two thumbs up! I cannot wait to see where this goes next.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
That was really original; and so well worth watching!

Since you’ll be doing stuff in future I’ll offer you a story suggestion, for ideas…

Never Trust the Sheeple…
Maybe Mr Mask once had a really attractive, yet really stupid Sheeple girlfriend? I.e. Someone who just wanted him to get away from the computer, and focus on her pretty shoes, sport, music ect? However he always feared she was really a Spy, an agent of Ignorance.

One day she encourages him away from his computer to dine at e.g. McDonalds-the pub. However he quickly notices the place is filled with government agents, he tries to leave, but they follow him. He runs away, and they give chase. Thankfully he is rescued when an ATS vehicle pulls over. He gets into the vehicle, and learns the driver is a member of the “Secret Forum”.

He is told that this secret society has made contact with Aliens, and that these aliens would like to assist the Secret Forum in its battle against Ignorance. They have been impressed with much of Mr Masks conspiracy work, and are convinced that he should therefore be the leader of the struggle (that is why they are bothering to rescue him).

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The Fact that so Many people are Eating up this crap is what keeps me away from ATS sometimes. It's Always attacks with this guy. He seems more anti-conspiracy than anything the way he rips people.

I don't think everything should be believed , but if you listen to this guy, you shouldn't believe anyone

and they way he presents it makes me not trust him

he might as well be sponsored by FOX news in my opinion

Call it Hater if you want

But thats what he Actually is, A Hater

wonder how long before he starts selling books to get your money, oh wait that's his argument for everyone....Oh Well

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Great job!

Everyone that knows me knows that I hate videos, but this adaptation was extremely well done.
I agree it was well done and that the team at ATS is an excellent research resource,

I also have 2 pieces of constructive criticism on the panning/timing, that may help you make the future editions a little better though this one was already good. One frame a line was cut off the bottom, then the screen panned down and the line that was partially cut off the bottom wasn't visible at the top. Just a minor detail but worth noting I thought. It should be legible in one or the other and it wasn't.

Secondly when panning down to a line at the bottom the panning had barely stopped when it flipped to the next screen, there must be some kind of formula for how long verbiage should be visible for people to read it, but I don't know if you should count the time while it's flying down the screen because when it moves fast it's too hard to read. If it's moving really slowly you might be able to read it while moving, but that one was moving too fast.

The pause control can help but it shouldn't really be necessary to use it if you watch details like these.

Excellent first edition!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

The real question is, "Why is there almost 3 minutes of static footage at the end?"

What? You didn't see it?
That was the best part. I can't believe you didn't see it.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
wait, zinc cadmium what????

dammit

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
lol, nice work people..

Paranoia is Awareness..

'you can fool them..
but you can't fool me,
you can fool some people sometimes..
i got it all figured out '

lol

edit on 22-9-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well so far so good...none of you made me cry yet, nor have you pooped on the project! I will accept that as "good stuff"!

First off, thanks guys/gals, really...as stated before the comic is really supposed to be about us "conspiracy theorists" and the steps we all hard to go through to earn our title. The journy is different for us all, so it will be an adventure in itself trying to please many of you at once.

But we are surly gunna keep trying! So really, thanks to anyone who enjoyed it (or didn't and just offered some constructive criticism). That stuff is gold!

Few answers n comments-

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by Mr Mask

Good job Mr Mask! I wonder if they have a fema camp for my family too?

If not, I'm sure they can have one made for you! But I'd be honored if we lived in the same camp...lol, I mean imagine how many ATS folks would be in this "said camp" if it ever got to be operational. May be fun!

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
Keep them coming and ill keep reading and watching. Untill i'm taken away too.

I'm gunna hold you to that. Great to have company!

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Long time no see homie! Star and Flag

I think ignorance needs to cheer up. He is not living up to the stereotype!

Oh, without saying too much about Mr Ig, I'll say that he will return, and he will fit enough stereotypes to make him worthy of his name.

Originally posted by cupocoffee
Hmm, the old "it was just a bad dream" escape eh?

Well, not bad, but doesn't your character have any Minion-crushing superpowers?

What if he really gets attacked by NWO Minions, then what? I doubt he'll last very long without some superpowers!

1) Yes sir! But we got that dream-escape thing out of the way early. Can't do it twice so Mr Mask better pay attention.

2) If he gets attacked in this stage of his evolution, he will be doomed...he is still at the begining of his adventures.

3) Super powers for Mask will not be happening...not ones that are magical or super natural that is. But surly his adventures will bring him to being more powerful and better equipped to battle these conspiracies. But that is top secret stuff!

Originally posted by Mike Stivic

Some people will probably have one complaint though,

" it was too short !" they will moan...

To that Sir I would respond with:

"Settle down, it is not supposed to be a half hour tv series"...(yet)

Thanks Meathead! And tell mom thanks as well!

As for being short, yes they are short web episodes, but they will stand as three movies of ten seqments/episodes each once all 30 issues are done.

So in effect, it will finally be a graphic novel AND a feature length Comic Movie...alls we need is for people to want to read it and me and Joe will continue making them.

We both agreed we had super fun making this.

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

I'm just wondering about the narrator's voice. Does he really have to sound like a five foot one inch ,one hundred fifteen pound guy with a pocket protector and tons of tape holding the bridge of his glasses together?

Wouldn't it be more effective with a hero that had a cool voice?

DRAGON!!! NO!!! lol...

Bad Dragon...

That voice is dangerously close to my actual voice (as meathead can tell you) and almost unaltered completely from my true voice...hahahahah. I always kinda saw it as a very young Stan Lee meets Gollum?

Um...I'm tall (6ft3) and weigh 180-sumthin...but I must admit to being a total dork...really, I know you are shocked...admit it!

Dragon...I'm sorry that the cool voice is impossible for Mr Mask...but thats just my crappy voice! lol...besides, Mr Mask is no hero...not yet anyways.

Thanks for your post, I did enjoy it and loved reading your honest critique of the voice. Keep being that honest and I'll keep doing my best!

Originally posted by ATSmediaPRO
Glad everyone is digging the new issue. It was a lot of fun working with Mr.Mask and I can't wait to work with this talented artist again!

I'm counting down the days till I get page 1 of issue 3.

I'm also very happy to be working with such a talented individual such as you Mr Joe! You really brought life to the entire Movie and made it truly something above just a simple comic format.

You will be getting pages soon enough...rest now while you still can.

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by Mr Mask

Now I want this as an actual comic book plus number 1 and your signature on both.

Being a comic book collector was to me one of my favorite passions.

There are ultimate plans on my side of all this to eventually have this in print, and sometime in the future that will be possible if all goes well. I would love to see the comic earn a place in your collection- that in itself would be completely mind-boggling awesome!

I'll try very hard to see that happen in the future...heres to trying!

Originally posted by ArMaP
Great job!

Everyone that knows me knows that I hate videos, but this adaptation was extremely well done.

Congratulations to all the people involved.

Thanks! People who hate video actually supporting one is surly a score for the team. A hard critic that smiles is like jelly beans raining or something equally miraculous. So thank you sir.

As a fan of your work on ATS, I am honored to have passed your grade (I'm sure Joe feels the same)!

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Mr Mask, & Joe,
That was a very well put together comic. I feel as thought I have expanded internally from the words in those bubbles. I liked the music, the artwork, the voice overs' voices, and expecially the plot and the dialogue.

bravo!

Thanks ET! I know you are a deep thinker who enjoys a mind ride, so I'm glad the comic spoke to you. I hope to continue delivering content that you enjoy! Your comment made me smile and feel fuzzy!

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
I would absolutly love to see some of your illustrations on the following concepts:

1. Life extension technologies
  2. HAARP faking deities/aliens
  3. Martial Law
  4. TPTB in their utopia
  5. Anything to do with Sumerian lore and the Annunaki

A) Related to a later episode.
B) HAARP yes.
C) Martial Law/ police state will play a part in future issues.
D)TPTB utopia? Theres one not on my list...hmmm, maybe! If so, you know you gave me the idea.
E)All those aliens and more!

Thanks for your good grade on the project! It makes the world go around.

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Awesome, all of you.

It almost demands Part 1 be 'transduced'...

What is this transduced? I'm curious. Me and Joe have been playing with ideas for futures untold, so I'm curious about this transducing.

Do you mean rotoscoping?

Also, thanks for the post full of win for the ATS comics guys! Super score.

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Stay paranoid!

By the way, when will you begin work on the feature length movie?

WILL DO!

and thats top secret sir...lol.

Originally posted by dontaskme
As to be expected, this was well worth waiting for. A bright spot in my otherwise dreary evening at work. Can't wait for #3!
I think I'm gonna have to agree with the others, though, he does need a super-power. Maybe he's an MKULTRA product (or the offspring of) and just doesn't know it yet???? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

AWESOME! Love knowing something I had a hand in creating brightened up someone's day. It is one of the best rewards in doing anything artistic! I do not know if you are aware how important such comments are to an artist, but thank you very much.

Also- as said above...Mr Mask will not acquire powers of a supernatural or magical sort. But that doesn't mean he won't evolve in to one bad tooten mother trucker!

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

Paranoia. Good subject. Opens the door to many possibilities which, I am convinced, will bring out more of your awesome awesome talent !

Thank you sir! I thought paranoia had to be covered early since it is one of the first and strongest feelings many of us went through in the beginning.

PS- Bladerunner is in my top ten best movies of all time. Double score!!!

Originally posted by henriquefd
Great work. As a supporter of brazillian comic book artists, I know how tough it is to get a big enough audience that can appreciate your art. Not only I give you my support, but I feel happy to see this community supporting you as well. Good job to you, to ATS staff and to everyone else encouraging Mr Mask! S&F

Awwww shucks, thanks. It is true, an audience is all that is needed to tell a story, but an audience is the hardest thing to muster around any project. This one comes from the heart and needed to be done in my lifetime weather people dig it or not.

I must confess to a bit of nervousness in knowing ATS' community is a crowd that can tear apart a pit bull with its bare hands...but thus far I have been pleased with the overwhelming response.

The credits roll at the end after the echoing stops.

We also hid some reptilian sub-sonic mind weapon sounds in there to mess with the aliens on the board.

Shhh.

Originally posted by Anthony1138
sounds like you are discribing paranoid schizophrenia, i find that most assuming since i imagen many ATS members suffer from it.

I also suspect some of them benefit from it as well.

Keep your eyes open...

TURN AROUND!!! BEHIND YOU!!!

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by Mr Mask

Not bad at all! It all went together so well and the dark atmosphere and background sounds gave it that real comic feeling. Never retire Mr mask and keep up the awesome work. $&F!

THANK YOU SIR!

I can't promise to never retire, but I can say this project has me and Joe very energized and focused on delivering some really cool things. So I'll do my best to stick around and get this puppy done right!

Of course, we need you to keep reading/watching!

Originally posted by groingrinder
Five stars, three cheers, and two thumbs up! I cannot wait to see where this goes next.

BAM!!! SCORE!!!

Where it goes next is pretty "out there"...eh? EH?

Thank you!

Originally posted by Liberal1984

Since you’ll be doing stuff in future I’ll offer you a story suggestion, for ideas…

Never Trust the Sheeple…
Maybe Mr Mask once had a really attractive, yet really stupid Sheeple girlfriend? I.e. Someone who just wanted him to get away from the computer, and focus on her pretty shoes, sport, music ect? However he always feared she was really a Spy, an agent of Ignorance.

I must ask... WHO DO YOU WORK FOR SIR?!

And how did you come across the story of my teenage years!?

Good suggestions!

Originally posted by ReturnOfGoukilock
The Fact that so Many people are Eating up this crap is what keeps me away from ATS sometimes. It's Always attacks with this guy. He seems more anti-conspiracy than anything the way he rips people.

I don't think everything should be believed , but if you listen to this guy, you shouldn't believe anyone

and they way he presents it makes me not trust him

he might as well be sponsored by FOX news in my opinion

Call it Hater if you want

But thats what he Actually is, A Hater

wonder how long before he starts selling books to get your money, oh wait that's his argument for everyone....Oh Well

BOOSH! First negative comment! Whooha!

Anyways...I think you paint me in an incorrect light, and surly those I consider worthy of "extreme scrutiny" are the ones doing the most harm to conspiracy's legitimacy by making things up.

Or maybe I'm wrong?

I really do not know...and the comic will be clear in showing just that.

Thanks for your input...sorry I couldn't please ya! As for FOX, you really think they would give me and Joe a prime time slot? I mean, we could totally GET RICH! Right?

lol...naw, think I'll just tell my story as I can best and share it with my favorite website in the world. Hope it doesn't get in your way while you are here.

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I also have 2 pieces of constructive criticism on the panning/timing, that may help you make the future editions a little better though this one was already good.

Me and Joe learned a lot about the direction we want to take this, and wish to see it evolve past what it is now. Learning curves are all over the place, and timing and delivery will surly become more polished over time. We hope?

I found your entire post to be very helpful criticism and things such as timing and pace have surly been discussed. I hope you see improvements in all areas of the project.

Thanks for the insight and advice!

Originally posted by Phage

What? You didn't see it?
That was the best part. I can't believe you didn't see it.

Who are you kidding? if they saw it, you would just prove that it wasn't there anyways!

OOOOH YOU EVIL MAN!

Keep the jokes...you know what is coming...lol.

-------------------

whoa...that was a long post...sorry, just wanted to comment on all the comments and interact with all of you on this. Thanks for your time and attention to the comic. It has made mine and Joe's day and then some!

Really, you guys/gals all rock! Thanks for allowing us a place to share this kind of content!

MM

edit on 22-9-2010 by Mr Mask because: BAM pow ZOWIE!

edit on 22-9-2010 by Mr Mask because: BAM zowie ZAP!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Great job once again Mr.Mask! It sure seemed like a long wait, but now I see why, looks like ALOT of work went into this "production"....

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
a schizophrenic hearing voices in thier head? thinking its god lol things make me laugh XD

That is actually a thought process prescribed by the NSA back in the day...Jiminy Cricket has nothing on the perception of God...so..careful with those assumptions...

Mr. Mask...Keep up the Great Work...It is Awesome and Thoroughly Enjoyable...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
These comics had great potential- but I didnt get the humor. sorry

edit on 23-9-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
That was great. I'd like to see more.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
That was wicked funny bro. Sweet work on the epic toon son. Anyways, time for me to leg it bra.

Yo, deny ignorance y'all.

EDIT: Oh...and why does the video run for several minutes after the cartoon finishes?

edit on 23/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Well Mask.....

I guess it was OK.....well some of it, anyway.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Awesome, all of you.

It almost demands Part 1 be 'transduced'...

What is this transduced? I'm curious. Me and Joe have been playing with ideas for futures untold, so I'm curious about this transducing.

Do you mean rotoscoping?

Also, thanks for the post full of win for the ATS comics guys! Super score.

Transduction is the act of converting one form of energy to another. Transducers are devices which do such.

A lightbulb is the easiest example of such a device.

edit on 23-9-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Double-post. Need a new mouse.

edit on 23-9-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join