It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror groups using new attack strategy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This article is chilling enough, but then as you read farther down you see the FBI director and other high administration officials admit that recent incidents involving muslims such as the Ft. Hood shootings here in the U.S. are actually considered terror attacks. Recall that no one in government or the MSM would say that at the time.

source - MSNBC

Terror groups understand, Mueller said, "that launching a larger attack, perhaps a more devastating attack, is not worth the additional effort when you can get substantial coverage and impact with smaller attacks." Mueller cited the 2008 gunfire attacks in Mumbai, India and the shooting in 2009 at Fort Hood, Texas.

Leiter also listed a shooting in Arkansas targeting military recruiters and other arrests in Texas, Alaska, and Illinois in failed plots. Though unrelated operationally, he said they are "indicative of a collective subculture and common cause that rallies independent extremists to want to attack the homeland."

So, why wouldn't the obama administration tell us the truth about these muslim terror attacks on U.S. soil? Was it appeasement, political correctness, or just an attempt to make it look like they were keeping us all safe from terrorism (when that was a lie)?

edit on 9/22/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They want you all to think they are fighting in the mid east to keep you safe from said "terrorism". If they called it terrorism they would be losing some of their excuse for the extremely expensive wars they are fighting "over there".

In our Canadian news, when we hear about these things here, or in America, or anywhere else, they have been calling it home grown terrorism. Even when the would be bombers/shooters get caught before anything happens.

Sadly, the USA news media has their biases and agendas, just like the government. Or because they are run by the government. It makes it easier for them to keep the wars going.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Thanks.

Really like the Spence quote in your signature BTW.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The threat of home grown terrorism is made even worse by those groups and individuals wanting to burn the Quran, and make cartoons out of Mohammad. Sure, it's just a silly book, and they are an over sensitive bunch about the pics of their deity or prophet, or whatever he is, but with so many Muslims in North America, some are going to retaliate, and become extremists.

They should have been calling it home grown terrorism from the start, the media fear mongers on everything else. People should have been more aware of possible dangers of antagonizing the people that called it a holy war to begin with.

Yeah, that is a good quote. We should never lose our wonder, or we'll become jaded and cynical.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

So, why wouldn't the obama administration tell us the truth about these muslim terror attacks on U.S. soil? Was it appeasement, political correctness, or just an attempt to make it look like they were keeping us all safe from terrorism (when that was a lie)?

edit on 9/22/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

First off..What on earth are you talking about? You seem confused. What is it you think President Obama has lied about? Please be specific, because you seem unhinged to me.

Secondly...even the article you cited referred to them as "Muslim Extremists" not "Muslim Terror Attacks"...do you ever get tired carrying the islamaphobia mantel?

Third....Small attacks to instill terror is not a "new terror strategy"...it is what terrorism is by definition!
Wow...

Fourth...You suddenly you are an MSNBC fan? I thought that was all propaganda and you only believed Fox?

This OP is definetly a contender for dumbest thread ever...it's close tie with your other thread slamming the POTUS for calling Mexicans...Mexicans..

edit on 22-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

yes to this day this adminstration will not acknowledge terrorism or the face of terrorism which is clearly evident by the labels of which they are using and have used.

christmas day bomber
times square bomber
fort hood shooter

obama and this administration are excatly like the clintonesque era of foreign policy they simply will not acknowledge and call it by its name-terrorism, islamic terrorism

this administration will never tell the truth about muslim terror attacks on us soil simply because it proved gwb right it has proved republicans right and thats something they will not ever do. they will never let themselves lose of power of manipulation or appeasement or political correctness.

any time when it comes to national security or the feeling of national saftey the majortity of americans always will side with the right because they have a better track record and the left has never had that and will never have that and they know this yet another reason to hide the fact we are still at war and will always be.

as history has shown the left has always been weak on defense and agian its the power issue.

they will never NEVER acknowledge a war for the simple fact they lose control and the power of manipulation.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So, why wouldn't the obama administration tell us the truth about these muslim terror attacks on U.S. soil?

It was imho, more of `an attempt` to dampen down the sense of terror. Since realistically speaking, the fundamentalist groups wishing to harm the U.S.A, do not have the means to kill large volumes of its citizens ...... what it does however attempt- is the `cheapest` alternative.
It terrorises them ........... aided and abetted by a media network hungry for something to hype.
Statistically you are probably more likely to die in a car crash or choke on a sandwich than at the hands of Al Qa'ida. But we are drawn to the novel morbid means of death , whilst the mundane ,yet serious threats go unnoticed .

With all their `huffing and puffing ` they were *only able to take the lives of a few thousand American citizens on Sept 11.
They were successful however, in terrorising hundreds of millions of people .

Anticipation of death - is worse than death itself.

========
*only

No disrespect to the many innocent lives lost on Sept 11 is intended .
========

edit on 22-9-2010 by UmbraSumus because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

yes to this day this adminstration will not acknowledge terrorism or the face of terrorism which is clearly evident by the labels of which they are using and have used.

christmas day bomber
times square bomber
fort hood shooter

Oklahoma city Bomber
The Unibomber
The 9-11 Hijackers

Shall I go on...

Alas...what denial!!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

YEAH what a denial

9-11 did it in the names of their god

edit on 22-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

christmas day bomber
times square bomber
fort hood shooter

Oklahoma city Bomber
The Unibomber
The 9-11 Hijackers

Shall I go on...

Alas...what denial!!

Uh, not sure what planet you get your news form but did you really mean to include the 9/11 attackers in your "rebuttal attempt"?

Even if use use just a simple score keeping method, local terrorist attacks = 2 foreign = how many now, and still counting?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

christmas day bomber
times square bomber
fort hood shooter

Oklahoma city Bomber
The Unibomber
The 9-11 Hijackers

Shall I go on...

Alas...what denial!!

Uh, not sure what planet you get your news form but did you really mean to include the 9/11 attackers in your "rebuttal attempt"?

Sure did...since that occured during the Bush administration... Get it? Or do I have to walk you through simple logic?

to this day this adminstration will not acknowledge terrorism or the face of terrorism which is clearly evident by the labels of which they are using and have used.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
if you really want to go this route had clinton and he took a stronger stance and acutally acknowledge that terrorism existed.

had he actually killed bin laden after the first wtc attack the kobar tower and the uss cole.

had HE ACTUALLY DONE HIS JOB 9-11 would NOT HAVE HAPPENED furthermore afghanistan WOULD NOT have happened and iraq WOULD NOT have happened.

theres some logic for you sir

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

None of which had anything to do with my post.

That and Cent failing to answer my questions...I can see where this thread is heading fast..

Duck, bob, derail, change the topic fast because the Op doesn't hold water.

Lame thread...later.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I sincerely thought you posted that out of a "belief" that 9/11 was an inside job.

Anyway Clinton really owns 9/11 since he let it all come together on his watch and didn't stop it when he could have. Not the subject of the OP and pretty sure not where you would want to take the discussion ...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

if you want to nitpick then fine gwb had nothing to do with this thread either but then agian niether did mcviegh and the unibomber

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

That and Cent failing to answer my questions...I can see where this thread is heading fast..

Not liking my answers is NOT the same as me not answering. And if I've ever chosen to not answer you, perhaps it was because there was nothing said that was worth answering - sort of like why am I answering this post?

All that said, let's try dealing with the subject of new terrorist strategies as they relate to recent attacks and what they mean for our country and the obama administration. Attempting to point out other attacks during other administrations is totally a derailment attempt.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Al-Qaeda magazine published 'tips on how to kill Americans'

Al-Qaeda has published a series of articles in its magazine giving would-be militants tips on how to kill Americans, including a section on how to mow people down with a pickup truck.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join