It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Govt Officials: Homegrown Terrorists Troubling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

3 Govt Officials: Homegrown Terrorists Troubling

www.npr.org

"Groups affiliated with al-Qaida are now actively targeting the United States and looking to use Americans or Westerners who are able to remain undetected by heightened security measures," FBI Director Robert Mueller told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

It appears that "domestic radicalization and homegrown extremism" is becoming more pronounced, Mueller said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am not certain what to think about this. I know that there is a rapidly increasing sense of anger towards the government from american citizens and that sort of anger is the prime breeding ground for bad decisions and manipulation. However, this is also the perfect approach for tightening travel restrictions and mandating invasions into personal privacy and rights under the guise of national security.

What security do you have when you are afraid of your own "protectors"?

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

It appears that "domestic radicalization and homegrown extremism" is becoming more pronounced, Mueller said.

It appears that citizen awareness of false flag government terrorism like Operation Northwoods, Gulf of Tonkin, Oklahoma City, 9/11 and endless phony wars is what's really becoming more pronounced, many Americans say.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
OK, let me get this straight ....
the FBI states that AQ is recruiting
home grown terrorists

and they're planning on building
the worlds biggest Mosque at
ground zero.

Lots of articles I've read claim that
Jihadists uses Mosques as safe havens
and meeting areas and recruiting stations.
Yet, they're building another one
in NYC.

Does anybody find that odd
or disturbing????

Isn't that like the sheep inviting
the wolf to dinner???

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

What they don't discuss and really leave for the reader to assume is that Americans are converting to Islam or maybe they are recruiting Americans who are muslim. It's pretty much just left hanging out there as an unanswered sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Yup. I've been noticing a lot on this topic of new attacks on the "news" lately. They are preparing us for another one.

People don't have jobs.
People are getting angrier and are losing hope fast. (So much for "Change.")
Obama's ratings are way down.
Israel is not getting love from the international community.
The internet has become a threat because we're getting "REAL" news, we're organizing and fighting back. (About to pass a law to stop conspiracy sites)
Our food supply is poisoned and food suppliers are NOT allowed to say they are non-GMO. (About to become law)
Nutritional supplements and natural remedies are becoming illegal. (About to become law)
Vaccines are killing us. (Trying to make them mandatory.)
Our water supplies have toxic fluoride.
The air we breathe is toxic from chemtrail spraying.
Our food supply is getting to the point of having ZERO nutrition.
Our farmers and farming industries have been destroyed.
Cell phone towers are EVERYWHERE and poisoning us.
The Banks are making HUGE profits as are oil companies at our expense.

The government is so shady that they have become transparent even to the sheeple.

Whoever they are .... "They" have no other choice but create another disaster to DISTRACT, kill and weaken us.

So sad. I HATE talking like this and sounding like a lunatic, but it's really how I feel. No need to panic. I should post my thoughts on the "Rant" section....

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Related thread also located here.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Regretfully, extremism IS on the rise here in the states. Not just in the form of terrorism, but also in the form of political and religious extremism. Al Qaeda brought down more that a few buildings on 9/11, they brought down our entire society. It's spinning out of control now with no end in sight.

top topics

join