It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Could 'Absorb' Another Terror Attack, Obama Says in Woodward Book

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

United States Could 'Absorb' Another Terror Attack, Obama Says in Woodward Book

www.foxnews.com

President Obama, after being warned repeatedly by his advisers about the threat of another terror attack on U.S. soil, said in an interview two months ago that the United States could "absorb" another strike.

The comment was included in the new book by journalist Bob Woodward, "Obama's Wars," excerpts of which were reported by The Washington Post and The New York Times.

The book depicts the contentious debate the Obama administration endured to craft a new strategy in Afghanistan. According to the Post, Obama spent the bulk of the exhaustive sessions pressing for an exit strategy a
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.charlotteobserver.com
www.washingtonpost.com
www.keepamericasafe.com

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Did we really absorb the nightmare of September 11th?

Are we stronger than ever with an economy that's slipping down the drains?

Is Obama trying to tell our enemies to "jump on in, the waters fine?" Is this the real strategy of the Obama Administration to show that he can counter a strike?

Obama is all the time saying idiotic things and people just "eat him up." If there is another terrorist attack on American soil, it'll be the lefts invitation of such an attack. The embracing of Islam and the crucififying of Christians in America is what will lead to these attacks.

You can bet they're coming now.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I wouldnt worry about another terrorist attack in the States,Look at the track record for major terrorist attacks ,New York 9/11 ,next? Usually in a war the enemy will not strike once then wait ten years.WTF thats not a war,thats a swindle.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am going to let you in on something, US gets treats from extremist groups in the middle east everyday, none of them makes it to the prime time news, because obvious reasons, Americas have the right to feel safe in their own soil.

I guess Obama sees another terror attack after the 9/11 as something that the people in the US could deal with as it did on 9/11, or he may be planning a reg flag to win the next presidential elections like Bush.

After all Obama is suffering from the same fate Bush did before 9/11.
, he may become a on time president.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The longer we keep troops in the Middle East and the longer we support Israel, the longer we're going to be in danger as a country. This is common sense.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am going to let you in on something, US gets treats from extremist groups in the middle east everyday, none of them makes it to the prime time news, because obvious reasons, Americas have the right to feel safe in their own soil.

No such right exists. The fear factor that Americans feel today from being inundated on the news everyday by stories about war, terrorism, natural disasters, etc is by design and comes directly from TPTB. It is designed to keep Americans in a state of fear that something will happen to them specifically.

And hopefully you just had a typo, the US certainly doesn't get treats from extremist groups, but DOES get threats

The whole system of the "terror threat alert system" etc is designed to keep the citizens in a state of fear and to keep them easy to manipulate.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
The longer we keep troops in the Middle East and the longer we support Israel, the longer we're going to be in danger as a country. This is common sense.

But,but,but....Bush said we needed to take the fight to the enemy! The best offense is better defe...fool me twice never fool me again!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Did we really absorb the nightmare of September 11th?
Are we stronger than ever with an economy that's slipping down the drains?

Truth is, we MUST be able to absorb 9/11 type events. Our inability to do that shows to our adversaries that we as a nation are weak. If we have the nerve to rain bombs and bullets abroad (even with best intentions) basic fairness says that's it's pathetic to be a wallflower when it comes to handling crisis on our own territory.

Is Obama trying to tell our enemies to "jump on in, the waters fine?"

Anyone who thinks that is patently stupid. Obama is saying absolutely the opposite. Which is "even if you murderous bastards succeed with one of your evil deeds, you won't break our spirit". I thought it was simple enough to digest. I guess not, for some.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I very well aware that we get threats everyday from every whacko from every corner of the globe. Obama is ignoring warnings just like what happened before 9-11 only this time it's not "we didn't really think they'd attack us." We know they can and will at any chance they can get.

I guess Obama sees another terror attack after the 9/11 as something that the people in the US could deal with as it did on 9/11, or he may be planning a reg flag to win the next presidential elections like Bush.

Bush won 2004 because he had a tried, true and blue idiot running against him.

After all Obama is suffering from the same fate Bush did before 9/11.
, he may become a on time president.

When 9-11 happened, President Bush was in office for less than 8 months. His presidency had only begun. Obama, on the other hand, made promises that he knew he couldn't keep but told them to the Amercan people because he knew they don't do their homework when it comes to voting for our officials.

If Obama were to tell his supporters that the sky is green, they'd believe it because in their eyes, he is a god.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Another attack being absorbed. Just like everything else the US absorbs.

We all want to cut down on nuclear arms. Easy solution.

Another attack on US = nuke every single nation on the planet. EVERY one of them. Even the remote tribes in the amazon who think that bows and arrows are real weapons. Imagine what they would think when they shot a primitive branch whittled to a point at a mushroom cloud. I bet that all of their piercings would pop out when the were so startled! Heck even the French couldn't surrender in time.
Nuke them all. Then build some more nukes and go after the moon. If there really are alians on the moon looking at us then nuke them. Then build some super duper weapons and nuke everyone again. The amount od Nuclear weapons would be greatly decreased.

USA USA USA

edit on 22/9/2010 by Macuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Let me refer you to the thread I started here where you can read about high administration officials admitting that Ft. Hood and several other incidents are considered to be terror attacks by radical (not all) muslims.

The terrorist attacks haven't stopped and the obama administration is not protecting us from them.

The only protecting going on is the administration protecting itself and the MSM helping them by not publishing the truth.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Originally posted by buddhasystem

Is Obama trying to tell our enemies to "jump on in, the waters fine?"

Anyone who thinks that is patently stupid. Obama is saying absolutely the opposite. Which is "even if you murderous bastards succeed with one of your evil deeds, you won't break our spirit". I thought it was simple enough to digest. I guess not, for some.

I happen to live by, "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me once shame on me." Obama is living by "Hey! It's OK to screw us again because we can handle it!" What kind of comment is that suppose to be coming from a leader and this is what he essentially said.

edit on 22/9/10 by Intelearthling because: Corrections had to be made.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Woodward's book portrays Obama and the White House as barraged by warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil and confronted with the difficulty in preventing them.

During an interview with Woodward in July, the president said, "We can absorb a terrorist attack. We'll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever . . . we absorbed it and we are stronger."

www.washingtonpost.com...

And what is the question? Is he wrong?

I know that "Obama says we will do everything we can to prevent another 9-11" doesn't have the same effect as the thread title...

But that is equally true and right there in his statement but conspicously absent in the OP.

Yes, America can survive another 9-11...what this thread title dishonestly infers in not providing the full quote and context is that the POTUS doesn't take the threat seriously.

Political BS is exhausting.

edit on 22-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We can absorb a nuclear terrorist attack, but we all die eventually.

I didn't vote for him, just throwing that out there.

edit on 22-9-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

"Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me once shame on me."

I'm sorry! To mess up that quote again... there's almost NO excuse for it!

Anyway, yes Obama said that and he's right. We COULD absorb another terrorist attack. And we would carry on if such a dreadful thing happened.

What's the point that FOX is trying to make here? That Obama wants another attack? What a bunch of crap!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The key comment in that post is the one you conveniently left out of your reply:

Obama is living by "Hey! It's OK to screw us again because we can handle it!" What kind of comment is that suppose to be coming from a leader and this is what he essentially said.

Obama is wrong (again).

Economically and psychologically the last 9 years have shown that we cannot absorb another 9/11 style attack.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So it tells me that if I were to nuke NY, then Obama won't do nothing about it? Man hes awesome!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Economically and psychologically the last 9 years have shown that we cannot absorb another 9/11 style attack.

I am sure Al-Qaeda would be pleased with your assesment.

You think very little of this country.

Speak for yourself....and I will leave it at that.

I agree with our President.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

So it tells me that if I were to nuke NY, then Obama won't do nothing about it? Man he's awesome!

That's exactly what it says, but his supporters here aren't getting it. Obama seems to be advocating using the Christian "turn the other cheek" philosophy regarding terrorist attacks instead of wanting to go after the attackers..

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

So it tells me that if I were to nuke NY, then Obama won't do nothing about it? Man hes awesome!

I missed where he said that...could you please enlighten me? Or are you just sitting on the couch reading the FOX ticker outloud to yourself?

Woodward's book portrays Obama and the White House as barraged by warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil and confronted with the difficulty in preventing them.

During an interview with Woodward in July, the president said, "We can absorb a terrorist attack. We'll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever . . . we absorbed it and we are stronger."

www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join