It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent Beings Vs. Matrix Illusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
After having a discussion with a colleague of mine, regarding just about every conspiracy, and the never ending circle of information and disinformation. Eventually, we acknowledged the lack of control of information, and agreed that the world has many mystries.

We quickly found ourselves debating common sense, and whether or not the majority really understand things, that seem to have easy explanations.

Long story short, we came to sort of a hypothesis.

Atleast one, if not both of the following statements are true.

1. Intelligent beings exist else where in the universe.

2. The universe is an illusion.

I hope my comments could spark an interesting conversation.

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I can familiarize with the first statement,

though the second statement i don't get, unless you explain how you've come to that conclusion. What made you believe the universe is an illusion?

Are you aiming at the fact that everything we see, feel, and experience, is through an electrical current that runs through our head? So therefore there is nor real evidence that this reality is real and solid? Something like that?

thanks OP, am looking forward to you're response.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

Something like that. I was saying it would be an illusion because if intelligent beings dont exist, than the universe must be an illusion. It is inconceivable. All this without mentioning God, because once you do, it makes it even more like an illusion, because now theres an intelligent entity (1) God, and the means to create the illusion.(2)
I would really consider both to be true. based on a God scenario.
If there is no god, and the universe is real, intelligent life exists else where based on stats, so Ive heard, and to me it just seems like common sense. Though if by chance intelligent life didnt exist in a godless scenario, then yes, our minds, or some other way, would have to be creating the illusion of the universe we see collectively.

btw, by God I mean supreme being, and other form would be intelligent life.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Ok,

1)So you believe that if there were to be no intelligent life, other that life on our planet, this universe is an illusion.
2)And, if there is a God, then you also believe this universe to be an illusion.

''If there is no god, and the universe is real, intelligent life exists else where based on stats, so Ive heard, and to me it just seems like common sense.'' Here you believe the universe not to be a illusion?

#1)I think we can state that indeed based on the size of the universe, intelligent is very likely to exist elsewhere, 99,9% sure. Why would you assume that the universe is an illusion if there was no other life? Lets say we were to be the only life, does that change the principals on which this reality has been built on? Lets say there is other life, does that change the principals?

#2) Lets say a God that fits your description exists, why would that make this reality an illusion? You state you believe that with, or without there being a god, you believe this universe is an illusion. Whats with that? Why do you bring God into your theory? You should eliminate God out of your mind, i haven't seen any evidence suggesting such a being might exist.

I am against your arguments, suggesting that all this is an illusion.It might be, but not with that argumentation. My spirit manifests in this physical body, which i experience through my brain, and my brain tells my mind. And everything my mind is told through my brain, is via electrical current, so there is no evidence that this reality is really the way we perceive it, thus opening the theory that this universe is an illusion. However, i recall anything my mind experiences, reality. Experience is something that manifests, its something that is happening, happening in this reality. It is real. It might be an illusion, but it is also very real. That contradicts, i don't know what to make of it really

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

I'm not saying that if God exists, that the universe is an illusion, I'm saying it still doesnt rule it out. Whos to say God, or "god" (other intelligence) wouldnt create a fake reality for us.

I personally believe the universe to be real, and intelligent life exists else where.

Though yes, if you eliminate the God in the theory, and there happened to be no intelligent life else where, then what we perceive as the universe, has to be some sort of veil, or illusion. It cannot be possible for such vasteness to exist, and not another life form.

Plus, when you consider a matrix reality, our vision can only see so far. And even the images Hubble can produce, don't exist, because if we travel there, it would be different. So, we can only see so far, and by the time we get there, what we had seen is different, therefor, did it really exist?

I don't believe in God, persay. though that doesn't mean a "god" figure wasnt here. Which would imply other intelligent beings. Which brings me full circle to my hypothesis.

top topics

join