It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something we need to be wary about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hello all,

When dealing with conspiracies all of us try to do our best and provide arguments and/or opinions in an attempt to discover the truth.

However, I'd just like to point something out that I believe we should take into account:

The term "analysis paralysis" or "paralysis of analysis" refers to over-analyzing (or over-thinking) a situation, so that a decision or action is never taken, in effect paralyzing the outcome. A decision can be treated as over-complicated, with too many detailed options, so that a choice is never made, rather than try something and change if a major problem arises. A person might be seeking the optimal or "perfect" solution upfront, and fear making any decision which could lead to erroneous results, when on the way to a better solution.

Link: Analysis Paralysis

Remember Occam's razor:

The principle is popularly interpreted as "the simplest explanation is usually the correct one".

Occam's Razor

That's all guys, in essence I'm saying remember to use a bit of common sense

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
How do I know you aren't some government disinfo agent pretending to be a conspiracy theorist pretending to be a disinfo agent pretending to be a conspiracy theorist pretending to be a disinfo agent pretending to be a conspiracy theorist?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
How do I know you aren't some government disinfo agent pretending to be a conspiracy theorist pretending to be a disinfo agent pretending to be a conspiracy theorist pretending to be a disinfo agent pretending to be a conspiracy theorist?

How do I know that you don't know that?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

How do I know I'm not a figment of your imagination?

It all makes sense now11!!!1!!

edit on 22-9-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well it's obvious that there's something going on here, and that it probably involves 9/11, 2012, Iran, aliens, religion, China, and chupacabras... I haven't quite figured it all out yet, but I've got a flow chart going and as soon as I run this all through an analytical engine... I'll do something.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

How do I know I'm not a figment of your imagination?

It all makes sense now11!!!1!!

edit on 22-9-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

You could be.

But then I could be a figment of my imagination

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

yeah dude, we cant just keep talking and talking about this and that, and the what ifs because i know of too many people who just talk and dont try to do anything about what they believe in, also we need to be prepared for the outcome of some people's actions in order to expose the truth about certain conspiracies and cover ups

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

How do I know that you two are not the same person with two accounts pretending you don't know eachother??

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by breemtameem

I know what you're saying..

I use to indecisive but now I'm not so sure..

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

How do I know that you two are not the same person with two accounts pretending you don't know eachother??

Occam's razor mate

The simplest answer is that we aren't

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

On a serious note..I agree with your notion..

I'm not going into subject matter though because that would start an off topic war..

Needless to say, when you see something happen, you usual form an instant impression and thats usually the correct one.. But not always..

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Good points OP
However Monty Python got there WAY before you dude

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Exactly.

Another quote worth mentioning keeping in theme with the thread is:

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth"

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Lol

Occams razor, judging by some of the more "wacky" conspiracy theories, seems to not have a place here on ATS

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

A decision can be treated as over-complicated, with too many detailed options, so that a choice is never made, rather than try something and change if a major problem arises. A person might be seeking the optimal or "perfect" solution upfront, and fear making any decision which could lead to erroneous results, when on the way to a better solution.
One might also argue that if you don't choose the optimal answer, you aren't really getting the "truth". You can't just toss in occam's razor and twist the basis of your argument to seem as though something it is not. That's trickery sir. These two concepts are completely different. One says "go with the simplest answer", the other says "the most simple answer is probably the correct one". However, probably isn't absolute is it. As the first concept implies, some answers/"truths" are extremely complex, and take a developed understanding to grasp. That's the beauty of the best conspiracies, they are so crazy/complex/mind-blowing, that they will instantly be made into a mockery and laughed at. I argue the mad man will get the last laugh.

edit on 22/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Seems like there's some 'paralysis of analysis' concerning analysis going on here! But I've experienced this my whole life. I believe it better to be paralysed by over analysis; than to miss some of the minor details by under analysing. Collect, collaborate then discard

top topics

join