It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fundamentalist/Conservative Christianity isn't really Christianity at all, just a tool of the PBT

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
In response to the OP (as I have not read the thread in-depth):

If you actually believed in the doctrine of fundamentalist Christianity that says that all unbelievers are doomed to eternal torment, would it not then become the most loving thing in the world to utterly hate all lifestyles that (to your belief) lead to said eternal torment? (including, but not limited to, homosexuality and Islam).

I ask this from (as much as possible) a neutral perspective.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
RE NOTurTypical:

You wrote:

"........I was under the impression you were a Christian........"

How anybody possibly could get the idea, that I'm 'christian' is beyond me. I think my posts are making my critical attitude to 'christian' doctrine and especially 'christian' fundamentalism abundantly obvious.

So maybe you made an error; no worries, we all do. MAYBE you just skimmed my post or MAYBE you thought in black/white-foe/friend terms.

But your error can also be seen in the light of the general trigger-happiness of 'christian' fundamentalists, who condemn opponents, in- or outside 'christianity', on the least occasion. "Satanic", "heretic" and "godless infidel/atheist" is a regular part of fundamentalist vocabulary.

When I meet this fundamantalist attitude, I sometimes ask some of the following: "What kind of 'christian' are you, how far will you go to further your aims, and what is your purpose on a public forum?"

As far as I remember, I haven't got any honest answers to the two first questions yet. As to the purpose of being on a forum (and especially in the context of arguing with me) I've had a few answers on the theme of saving my soul, making me repent or similar.

I've never asked for any soul-saving (in fact I reject the idea strongly), neither do I consider repenting necessary, but these good fundamentalists have taken it upon themselves, on my behalf, to know what is best for me. Completely disregarding my opinion on the matter.

For me this indicates the totalitarian aspect of extremist 'christianity', and hence I'm not surprised at the almost automatic derogatory descriptions of opposition.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

How anybody possibly could get the idea, that I'm 'christian' is beyond me. I think my posts are making my critical attitude to 'christian' doctrine and especially 'christian' fundamentalism abundantly obvious.

Heretics do the same thing, that is precisely what the wolves do/act/say as well. But since you've made it abundantly clear that you reject the person and work of Jesus Christ you by definition cannot be a "heretic".

You're an unbeliever, which is fine, that's your right.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

If it is not a universal truth then there is no way they are talking about God, they must be talking about something lower, God is universal and did not create one universe for Christians and a separate one for Buddhists.

Did god tell you this ? If not who did ?

Did you read it , where ?

Did you dream it ?

Was it channeled to you by some unseen entity, who was he/it ?

Where exactly, do you get the authority to make such assertions ?

Do you hear voices in your head , how do you know they are not demons ?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

"THE POWER OF NIGHTMARES This film explores the origins in the 1940s and 50s of Islamic Fundamentalism in the Middle East, and Neoconservatism in America, parallels between these movements, and their effect on the world today"

This documentary explains how both fundamentalism in Christianity and Islam were a creation of Neo-conservatives for political purposes.

Very well documented.

Al-Qaeda for example is a label not an actual group.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I find most "modern Christians" themselves aren't really Christian at all, regeardless of if they are "conservative" or "fundamentalists". I was vehemently (but not violently) anti-Christian for a few years, but have since come to an understanding that like most things in modern times, the original concepts of Christianity (which were based on the teachings of Jesus), have been skewed and twisted over time.

That is nothing new to most people obviously, but to think that most of modern Christianity is about hatred and intolerance, that is in direct opposition to the teachings of Jesus, who was a man of compassion, fairness, tolerance and love.

Whether or not Jesus actually existed, or was merely a construct to better allow for a Christian to relate to him, is beside the point. Although I am no longer Christian myself, I consider Jesus and Buddha to both be enlightened beings.

Anyway, I recently came across a book called Detox for the Overly Religious by one David Putnam, a Christian pastor. I have not yet read it myself, but I recommend all of you read it as well.

www.christianbook.com...

edit on 28-9-2010 by inivux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hello, you up there : I really do not accept your statement, first there is Christianity, then there is catholicism.
I can accept that catholicism is false, but NOT christianity !!!
try to make difference please.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hello, you up there : I really do not accept your statement, first there is Christianity, then there is catholicism.
I can accept that catholicism is false, but NOT christianity !!!
try to make difference please.

but of course there are the fundamentalist christians : sorry but those people for me ARE NOT CHRISTIANS, this is fraud, they are bigots and poor souls emerging from medieval times = foolish souls, "christians" from over the neolitic times, not the ones that believe in the one and only Jesus saying : never do to another living being what you do not want them to do to you .... remember please .. love all human beings like yourself .. etc etc .....
fundamentalist ????? christian ???? a christian can never be fundamentalist because Jesus, Christ himself, was ABOVE all human stupidity, classification, he was and still is infinite love ... how can HE/we be fundamentalists ????
we are superstructure, above, not below !!!!!

edit on 28-9-2010 by Sunlionspirit because: and still IS

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

what are you telling, you soul ??? I try to understand ....
do you not believe in the infinite love of God, of Jesus ?
ok, maybe then you try the Satanic way .... your choice anyway ...... you are free, totally free to make your choice man !
but I prefer to believe in Jesus, the son of God who did come to tell us to have some hope that this life is only a test program to see how/if/what we are able to love each other or not ...
this program makes your evolution go up or down, your choice man !!
so, have a nice day/evening with your masters of the darkness ..... lol

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Re Sunlionspirit:

You wrote:

"do you not believe in the infinite love of God, of Jesus ? ok, maybe then you try the Satanic way .... "

Sometimes humour can be so subtle, that it's difficult to see it. So I have to ask: Is this a joke?

Because if it isn't, it's another sad example of the pigeonholes the holies like to force debates into. If you're not 'christian' you must be 'satanic'. It's pathetic and rather dumb, but comes as a convenient example of throwing words like 'satanic', 'heretic' etc around to derogate opposition.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

With regards to the OP, the issue is not what Christianity is.

The issue is whether Christianity is, in any way whatsoever, an accurate reflection of the Teaching of Jesus.

And it is not.

Christianity teaches the Pharisaical interpretation of the "resurrection" as the raising of a dead physical body from the grave.

It was for teaching the "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth' that Jesus and many of his closest followers were murdered in the first place: the threat they presented to the Pharisaical power structure and religious establishment.

Christianity and the Teaching of Jesus start off from fundamentally different and irreconcilable assertions.

Michael

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

With regards to the OP, the issue is not what Christianity is.

The issue is whether Christianity is, in any way whatsoever, an accurate reflection of the Teaching of Jesus.

And it is not.

Christianity teaches the Pharisaical interpretation of the "resurrection" as the raising of a dead physical body from the grave.

It was for teaching the "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth' that Jesus and many of his closest followers were murdered in the first place: the threat they presented to the Pharisaical power structure and religious establishment.

Christianity and the Teaching of Jesus start off from fundamentally different and irreconcilable assertions.

Michael

Where exactly does your knowledge of Pharisiac theology come from?

Cause im an orthodox Jew, who obviously has a great knowledge of Rabbinic Judaism, i can only shrug in confusion and perplexity as to how youve compared gnosticism to rabbinic judaism - equating their concepts as akin because they use the same language. Maybe you should read more about Judaism before you risk the burden of giving Jews an even worse name that they already have.

First, look at the gnostic philosophy. Gnosticism is about the elevation of Man - the G-d of Torah, YHVH, i considered by gnostics to be the 'demiurge' the false archon who believes he rules the world. Gnosticism is inherently dualistic, a theme which comes up way to often in the new testament, the writings of the church father, christian theology, up till today. In gnostic philosophy, the all of reality is called 'abraxas', from abraxas came God and the devil. One the source of creation, order and life, and the other the source of destruction, chaos and death. These two contrary powers coexisting in the highest being, Abraxas. Only with the emergence of consciousness - so gnosticism says, does mankind begin to observe a separation between good and evil. The entire purpose of gnosticism is to return to this divine state of unity - within the self, of good and evil, the sun and the moon, conscious and unconscious values. In this sense gnosticism is the wests version of Hinduism. Hinduism shares this same belief in the allegory of Krishna. Krishna eventually became the avatar (the human manifestation) of Vishnu the supreme God. This parallels Christ - the level of the creator, being incarnated into man. These themes, which in themselves describe a spiritual process, talk about the same thing.

Judaism is FUNDAMENTALLY different and unalike in this essential way - Judaism emphasizes only GOOD. G-d created a world and allowed it to collapse for the sake of man correcting the failure. By doing so man would earn the perfection that he would eventually recieve in the end. Judaism believes evil to be a shell, a layer of impurity which hides G-ds presence in the world. The object of commandments "mitzvot" are to shed these husks and shells which conceal the purity of spiritual apprehension. So, the concept of the ressurection of the dead is tightly connected to this concept of the 'resurrection' of the inherent good in creation - in the physical creation especially. Thus, at the end of time 'physicality will be ressurrected' from its 'death', instead of being the source of death, the physical will become the source of life. Physicality will strengthen ones apprehension of the spiritual, instead of being opposed to it, as it is now. This is what this idea of the resurrection of the dead mostly means in Judaism. This is the crux of the concept.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

of course it is sarcasm, it's a joke the way I say this.
Anyway either you accept the teachings of Christ, either you live in the denying of it and of course that is not the satanic way.
But then what sense can you give at your living experience other than a materialistic one ? $$$
Of course there are other religions, there is boudhism, christians are not the elite.
Christians just have a very important message : there is hope for afterlife in the love of God but we must understand Love ( not the sexual one, the bigger picture ) is the only key to full life experiment here and later.
The message is clear, we must transcend this stupid and difficult life experiment by learning what real love is.
Jesus did tell us how, has nothing or very little to do with catholic church institute !

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Everything you say exists exclusively at the level of thought and belief; that is, the thoughts of the 'thinker'.

The consciousness of the 'thinker' is symbolized in both the Revelation of John (13:11) and Sura 27:82 of the Quran as the "beast of the earth".

The simple fact of the matter is that Revealed Truth does not exist at the level of either thought or belief: "As high as the heavens are above the earth are My thoughts above your thoughts." (from somewhere in the Book of Isaiah).

Revealed Truth exists at the level of Knowledge rather than belief; which is what "Gnosticism" is all about: attaining a very direct Knowledge of the Truth rather than being required merely to believe the nitwit assertions of any religious 'authorities' based upon nothing more than thought (the thoughts of the 'thinker' originating in the fear of death and the desire for pleasure--See Descartes, Krishnamurti, Freud etc.)

Thus, the "Gnostics" sought to experience the Revelation of the Memory of Creation (Genesis 2:7), the revelation of the memories of previous lives; and the Vision referred to as the Vision of the "Son of man", or the "Vision of Knowledge" in the Thanksgiving Hymns (or the "Tree of Life" in Genesis 3:24--as explained by the merkavah mystics of Judaism).

Every religious establishment is, of course, lethally opposed to any assertion or even so much as suggestion that the individual can attain to a Knowledge of Truth without the help of the religious 'authorities'. After all, they make their money on the basis of the assertion that either the doctrines they teach, or the practices they perform on behalf of the 'faithful' are in some way crucial to the individual's salvation, however that salvation is defined.

I have never accepted one red cent for any of the Revelations I have received. I have accumulated around myself not even so much as one follower in more than 34 years.

My goal is not to earn a living through such Revelations (or, for that matter, pay for my health insurance) or to gather followers; but merely to inform people of the Truth.

They then have the responsibility of pursuing that Truth to the degree that they are motivated.

My only responsibility is to inform.

If people don't want to be informed, then they are not informed. They are irritated or angry.

This is neither my problem nor my concern.

Michael

edit on 29-9-2010 by Michael Cecil because: spelling

edit on 29-9-2010 by Michael Cecil because: add reference to the "Tree of Life"

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hi Sunlionspirit,

thanks for your clarification, and sorry that I didn't understand the humour immediately. Usually I appreciate humour very much, but sometimes fanatic extremists get so carried away, that it looks like a joke to me, making me uncertain.

You do raise a few interesting points in your last post. Especially about 'love' (whatever that turns out to be, if mankind in general ever comes to experience it).

Nobody seems to know, what 'love' really is. Which ofcourse doesn't prevent anyone from explaining it with great self-appointed authority. There's a whole range of 'love' from the more mundane varieties via new-age 'cosmic love' to buddhistic compassion and respectively gnostic and abramic 'divine love'. Personally I can't make much sense of it, as it often appears to be doctrinal; with the possible exception of buddhistic compassion, which contains an element of rational common sense.

But that 'love' is important is obvious, and around it the old scammer Paul cleverly contructed the most elaborate snake oil ever seen: Redemption. Mankind has been led to believe, that it has an existential debt (original sin) and only by submitting itself completely (faith) to an unknown, unknowable and ineffable entity (pauline trinity) will 'love' be re-instated as a fully functional part of our lives.

As evil as it is, it's a masterpiece of social engineering. You make a whole species turn itself into slaves, once the idea has been sufficiently established by force.

And the dark masters behind the pauline movement can lean back and pick up the harvest without lifting a finger. It doesn't even matter, that the license- and copyrights to this spiritual snake oil don't belong to any specific 'christian' faction anymore. Fundies from all denominations can now sell it on a competitive franchise basis, with a complete disregard of what their shady motives may be. Now even economical or political manipulation is 'justified' through this complex fake theology.

The masterminds behind this plan, the soul-eaters, can for a while still get a dividend from this non-existing goldmine, they have invented. There are always some people wanting to be scammed. It's peculiar.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Re Michael

In my opinion (for whatever it's worth) this is one of your better posts.

As to your attitude of only 'informing', take this post of mine as also 'informing' (I would like to believe, that I carry a dialogue, but I may be delusioned).

To my understanding, you talk about 'epinoia' * as an epistemological tool. From my perspective of metaphysics, I have no problems with that. Epinioa is well-documented enough to be housebroken, only the confused semantic paraphernalia around it and the misuse of it from doctrinal religion makes it suspicious. There are 'authentic' epinioa experiences of various degrees of clarity; and then there are intentionally faked or fancied epinoia.

For those, who haven't experienced it or don't believe in the concept, it's ofcourse nonsense, and can discarded on hard-core atheistic terms. But even for those who acknowledge the phenomenon, it can be difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff. From the dawn of time epinioa experiences have flooded mankind's information field, often expressed in local cultural terminology or tainted by individual interpretations. Open any new-age site and you'll find anything to your liking; from interstellar divine guidance to direct talks with some 'god'.

And especially don't forget, that the absolute cornerstone in the pauline hoax is Paul's own postulated epinoia.

So without being overly paranoid, I think that any individual epinoia experince presented as 'truth' must be put in a greater context to validate it. It's impossible for anyone to relate to such experiences without solid information. Without such solid information it's just one more voice on an already overflowing market.

*Epinoia as I define it: An intuitive experience based on enhanced perception. I.e. going beyond 'classical', empirical physical senses. To atheists who may start getting fits from reading this: There's absolutely no weird-, fringe- or quack-science about this, and I don't use inverse logic ("anything is possible"). Our standard senses only cover a small part of the 'natural' universe and it's worth CONSIDERING common experiences beyond the standard spectrum, without violating e.g. modern scientific parameters.

edit on 29-9-2010 by bogomil because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Oh, by the way, the "Ten Sephirot of the Tree of Life", Knowledge of which is conveyed by means of the Vision of the "Son of man" through the 2-dimensional 'flat' space consciousness Created 'by and in the image of God' (Genesis1:27)--see, also, the "Stargate Sequence of Jupiter & Beyond the Infinite" in 2001--A Space Odyssey--is a geometrical representation of the distribution of the ten principal phonetic tones (the "ten horns" referred to in the Book of Daniel and the Revelation of John) across the seven chakras or Seven Churches of the Revelation of John. In Jewish mysticism, these are described as "spiritual attributes"; which, of course, is one explanation; although there are others. (These "horns" are not to be confused, however, with the Seven Trumpets of the Revelation of John which refer to the seven principal emotions experienced in the chakras or churches: red for desire; orange for anxiety; yellow for fear; green for lust, greed and envy; blue for sorrow; indigo for self-righteous indignation, and purple for rage--it being understood that emerald green is the color of love and the Fourth Church at which the Revelation of the "resurrection" is received--see the Revelation of John Chapter 4, vs. 3).

Meanwhile, just as there are Three Phases in the War of the Sons of Light, as described in the Scroll of the War of the Sons of Light (1QM) of the Dead Sea Scrolls, there are also Three Books: the Book of the Law, which is the Torah; the Book of Life, which is the Revelation of the Memory of Creation and the revelation of the memories of previous lives; and the Book of Truth (see the Book of Daniel Chapter 10, vs. 20a), which is the Vision of the "Son of man"---------it being understood that the Third Phase of the War of the Sons of Light occurs by means of a time-reversal prior to the Second Phase of the War of the Sons of Light; which is, in and of itself, at time-reversal to the Revelation of the Memory of Creation; and, then, a time-forward progression through the memories of previous lives.

In addition, in terms of its phonetic analysis in English, Jesus statement that he was the "Way, the Truth and the Life" is to be understood as follows:

The Way--the Long A phonetic tone pertains to the Revelation of the "resurrection" at the heart chakra and Fourth Church--is a code word for the "resurrection" in both the Book of Isaiah ("My Ways are not your ways.") and the Thanksgiving Hymns ("Of the Way of Thy heart, they--that is, the Jewish religious 'authorities' at the time of Jesus--say 'It is not the Way.'" In other words, the Jewish religious 'authorities' at the time of Jesus denied both the Vision of the "Son of man"--that is, the "Vision of Knowledge"--as well as the Revelation of the "resurrection".

The Truth--the Long U phonetic tone refers to the First Church or second chakra--pertains to the Law.

The Life--the Long I phonetic tone pertains to the Vision of the "Son of man" and the Seventh Church.

Michael

edit on 29-9-2010 by Michael Cecil because: misspelling of rage

edit on 29-9-2010 by Michael Cecil because: add phonetic analysis of the statement of Jesus

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Everything you say exists exclusively at the level of thought and belief; that is, the thoughts of the 'thinker'.

The consciousness of the 'thinker' is symbolized in both the Revelation of John (13:11) and Sura 27:82 of the Quran as the "beast of the earth".

The simple fact of the matter is that Revealed Truth does not exist at the level of either thought or belief: "As high as the heavens are above the earth are My thoughts above your thoughts." (from somewhere in the Book of Isaiah).

Revealed Truth exists at the level of Knowledge rather than belief; which is what "Gnosticism" is all about: attaining a very direct Knowledge of the Truth rather than being required merely to believe the nitwit assertions of any religious 'authorities' based upon nothing more than thought (the thoughts of the 'thinker' originating in the fear of death and the desire for pleasure--See Descartes, Krishnamurti, Freud etc.)

Thus, the "Gnostics" sought to experience the Revelation of the Memory of Creation (Genesis 2:7), the revelation of the memories of previous lives; and the Vision referred to as the Vision of the "Son of man", or the "Vision of Knowledge" in the Thanksgiving Hymns (or the "Tree of Life" in Genesis 3:24--as explained by the merkavah mystics of Judaism).

Every religious establishment is, of course, lethally opposed to any assertion or even so much as suggestion that the individual can attain to a Knowledge of Truth without the help of the religious 'authorities'. After all, they make their money on the basis of the assertion that either the doctrines they teach, or the practices they perform on behalf of the 'faithful' are in some way crucial to the individual's salvation, however that salvation is defined.

I have never accepted one red cent for any of the Revelations I have received. I have accumulated around myself not even so much as one follower in more than 34 years.

My goal is not to earn a living through such Revelations (or, for that matter, pay for my health insurance) or to gather followers; but merely to inform people of the Truth.

They then have the responsibility of pursuing that Truth to the degree that they are motivated.

My only responsibility is to inform.

If people don't want to be informed, then they are not informed. They are irritated or angry.

This is neither my problem nor my concern.

Michael

edit on 29-9-2010 by Michael Cecil because: spelling

edit on 29-9-2010 by Michael Cecil because: add reference to the "Tree of Life"

Ok. So what does that have to do with you associating Judaism (kabbalah) with Gnosticism?

Yes, Judaism and its mystical tradition emphasizes experience of the divine. Its only when one experiences Hashem, G-d, that one becomes motivated to action. In the Talmudic tract Pikrei Avot, the whole essence of Judaism is contained "The main thing is not study, but doing`. Judaism emphasizes ACTION - which is reflected in its constant harping on physical explicit commandments. Gnosticism conversely is much more abstract and philosiphical. None of Jesus`8 beautitudes imply action, but instead imply lofty philosophical ruminations, almost like a Zen Koan that needs to be interpreted and understood on a `personal` level by the individual. Judaism`s commandments also need to be performed with Zeal and love - hence its a commandment to love G-d. When commandments are performed with kavanah, intention, one fills the commandment with spiritual meaning and truth, whereas when one doesnt perform it in that way, hes in essence living a lie - which coincidentally has the same gematria as Judaisms 613 commandments - echad sheker.

So, Judaism emphasizes action. Another crucial staple of Jewish thought and kabbalah is the level of ein sof - called the infinite one. The different names used for G-d are simply mechanisms or archetypes G-d created to relate with man. The name Elohim implies constriction, and thus it has the same gematria as Nature (hateva). The name YHVH denotes the miraculous, trascendent level of G-d which can bypass the laws of nature. This is the name mankind prays to. But none of these levels are G-d himself. G-d in called simply ein sof - infinite one. Therefore, in order to connect with the higher name of g-d, YHVH, one needs pure emuna - faith. No reasoning, or obsession with the logos of pleroma, as is done in gnosticism, but the one simple source - the creator and sustainer of all reality. G-d is not separated, diced up into separate parts as is done in paganism. G-d is simply one, as the israelite declaration of faith says `hear oh israel, G-d is our G-d, G-d is one`

So, you still havent corrected your mistake in assuming Judaism to be anything like gnosticism.

The only Judaism that resembles gnosticism isnt Judaism - it was started by Shabbati Tzvi in 1666, and all of europes rabbis excommunicated him for his gnostic concept of the `holy sinner`. He preached the same philosophy as christian europes gnostics. That to get close to the divine requires a constant return - teshuva. This was rooted in the pagan dualism that says you have to oscillate between two poles in order to experience the essence of the divine. So, as aristotle taught, one should be half virtuous and half vice. Just as taoism mainly teaches as does buddhism, hinduism and surprisingly sufism in islam is exactly about this. Infact, Shabbati Tzvi was most influenced by turkeys Bektashi Sufi movement - which endorsed orgiastic gnostic style rites, ritual transgression of halel, or in Jewish terms, kashrut.

So gnosticism is nothing whatsoever like Judaism - rabbinic Judaism or the Talmud. If you think so youre simply spreading lies. Im a Jew whos studied in these areas. Every allegation made about the Talmud is false and often the result of spurious translation, editing of the aramaic verse quoted or a complete misunderstanding of the purpose of Talmud - which is dialectical. The point of talmud is to refine the `logical` mind which is meant to work in union with our transcendent spiritual side. So, if the language appears strange, or unseemly, dont imagine that the Talmud is saying what you think it is. If you want to know what Jewish morality is, read the talmudic tractate pirkei avot, or Rambam - maimonides, or the Jewish code of law - shuchan Aruch. You will find no mention or allowance of any misdeed. Judaism consider anger as an extension of idolatry because one who is angry is in truth arrogant. If he were truly aware of the divines presence in his life, he would realize that whatever happens to him is for a reason, therefore, theres no reason to be angry. Anger encourages egotism, and egotism separates one from the pure perception of divinity.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Oh, by the way, the "Ten Sephirot of the Tree of Life", Knowledge of which is conveyed by means of the Vision of the "Son of man" through the 2-dimensional 'flat' space consciousness Created 'by and in the image of God' (Genesis1:27)--see, also, the "Stargate Sequence of Jupiter & Beyond the Infinite" in 2001--A Space Odyssey--is a geometrical representation of the distribution of the ten principal phonetic tones (the "ten horns" referred to in the Book of Daniel and the Revelation of John) across the seven chakras or Seven Churches of the Revelation of John. In Jewish mysticism, these are described as "spiritual attributes"; which, of course, is one explanation; although there are others. (These "horns" are not to be confused, however, with the Seven Trumpets of the Revelation of John which refer to the seven principal emotions experienced in the chakras or churches: red for desire; orange for anxiety; yellow for fear; green for lust, greed and envy; blue for sorrow; indigo for self-righteous indignation, and purple for rage--it being understood that emerald green is the color of love and the Fourth Church at which the Revelation of the "resurrection" is received--see the Revelation of John Chapter 4, vs. 3).

Meanwhile, just as there are Three Phases in the War of the Sons of Light, as described in the Scroll of the War of the Sons of Light (1QM) of the Dead Sea Scrolls, there are also Three Books: the Book of the Law, which is the Torah; the Book of Life, which is the Revelation of the Memory of Creation and the revelation of the memories of previous lives; and the Book of Truth (see the Book of Daniel Chapter 10, vs. 20a), which is the Vision of the "Son of man"---------it being understood that the Third Phase of the War of the Sons of Light occurs by means of a time-reversal prior to the Second Phase of the War of the Sons of Light; which is, in and of itself, at time-reversal to the Revelation of the Memory of Creation; and, then, a time-forward progression through the memories of previous lives.

In addition, in terms of its phonetic analysis in English, Jesus statement that he was the "Way, the Truth and the Life" is to be understood as follows:

The Way--the Long A phonetic tone pertains to the Revelation of the "resurrection" at the heart chakra and Fourth Church--is a code word for the "resurrection" in both the Book of Isaiah ("My Ways are not your ways.") and the Thanksgiving Hymns ("Of the Way of Thy heart, they--that is, the Jewish religious 'authorities' at the time of Jesus--say 'It is not the Way.'" In other words, the Jewish religious 'authorities' at the time of Jesus denied both the Vision of the "Son of man"--that is, the "Vision of Knowledge"--as well as the Revelation of the "resurrection".

The Truth--the Long U phonetic tone refers to the First Church or second chakra--pertains to the Law.

The Life--the Long I phonetic tone pertains to the Vision of the "Son of man" and the Seventh Church.

Michael

edit on 29-9-2010 by Michael Cecil because: misspelling of rage

edit on 29-9-2010 by Michael Cecil because: add phonetic analysis of the statement of Jesus

I dont get this replacement theology. There are literally hundreds of examples disproving the validity of christianity in the Tanakh. G-d says he is not man to change his mind. Therefore disproving any notion of another nation supplanting them. Tanakh also constantly

And even that very famous line that christians quote from isiaih to prove the `virgin` birth is actually a really horrible mistranslation. There is one word in Hebrew for virgin, `betulot`. Almana, the word in Isiai christian writers translate as virgin means widow. It has nothing whatsoever to do with virginity.

Not only that, but the `virgin` birth is a concept rife with pagan connotations. It IMPLIES something very unjewish about creation. It implies a dualism, a separation between the father and the mother principle. Like in Zoroastrianism, a religion which heavily influenced christianity (hence 3 magi) speaks of ahura mazda, ormuzd and ahriman - which corresponds with the gnostic abraxas, god and the devil. This is similarily the case in babylonian and egyptian theology, as in india. It says reality is inherently twofold. Good is the father, and evil the mother, creation the providence of the father and chaos, destruction - the void, the essence of the great mother. Both have too be unified within the self in order for one to live in union with creation.

Thus, mary is related to the hebrew word for bitter - mar. Clearly alluding to the spiritual nature of the pagan notion of the feminine principle.

So, aside from the many scriptural examples completely diproving christianities relevance to Judaism, the esoteric dynamic encoded within christian thought further disassociates from Judaism. Nothing in the neviyim or Ketuvim refers to the christians. In fact, Jewish prophetic writings are amazingly explict about Jews, and not christians. For instance, Torah lists a bunch of Curses in deuteronomy. All of which have happened. The jrws have become a byword - literally, amongst the nations. They have been persecuted and discriminated against. They have been separated in some areas by being forced to live in ghettos. Or, we can flash forward to the prophets - Ezekiel, the land of israel has awakened with the return of the Jewish people to Israel. Israel is the `wife` of the Jewish people. When they were exiled from the land, as was the shekina, the divine presence from temporal reality. Before the Jews returned, there were many books which described the land of palestine as desolate and lifeless as the Torah says it would become. When the Jews began buying up land in the 18th and 19th centuries from the arabs in the region, it began to do better. But especially with the huge waves of people coming to israel after the war, the land really began to awaken - to what it is today.

The prophets are speaking very explicitly about the Jewish people.

How christians can find meaning to themselves in the Jewish scriptures is quite a mystery to me.

Also, i like to quote the verse in Joel that describes the gentile awareness - or epiphany they will have in the last days when they admit that they have ìnheritted lies from our fathers` ....

בַּיָּמִ֣ים הָהֵ֔מָּה
אֲשֶׁ֤ר יַֽחֲזִ֨יקוּ֙ עֲשָׂרָ֣ה אֲנָשִׁ֔ים מִכֹּ֖ל לְשֹׁנ֣וֹת הַגּוֹיִ֑ם
וְהֶֽחֱזִ֡יקוּ בִּכְנַף֩ אִ֨ישׁ יְהוּדִ֜י
לֵאמֹ֗ר נֵֽלְכָה֙ עִמָּכֶ֔ם
כִּ֥י שָׁמַ֖עְנוּ אֱלֹהִ֥ים עִמָּכֶֽם׃

How more explicit can the bible be?. It says explicity Yehudim - Jews. Not christians. Jews. Christians will be the ones grasping onto the corners of every Jewish Tzitzit saying `come let us go with you, for we have heard that G-d is with you`.

Speaking as a former gentile, this is very significant. As also a student of psychology, philosophy and esotericism, i can honestly say that Judaism alone has proved its truth. Hebrew as a language has been essential to this awareness. The pure language G-d promises will be returned to man is hebrew - which in itself is the language of creation, the mind of the creator. Study hebrew at a gramatical level and gematria and you will see how wonderous it truly is.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

You just don't get it, do you?

Christianity is at the opposite end of the spectrum from both the Teaching of Jesus and the Revelations in the Torah, Isaiah, Daniel, and Ezekiel.

That is how we got the Holocaust: the demonic doctrines of the Pharisee Paul--the deification of Jesus, the doctrine of vicarious atonement, the pagan metaphysical concepts of a metaphysical 'soul' and a 'heaven' and 'hell'.

These are all proto-Nazi doctrines which made Naziism--or NOTsee-ism (blindness)--possible in the first place.

Paul murdered the original followers of Jesus; those who taught the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'.

The Muslims then merely expropriated the Satanic doctrines of the Egyptian-Pharisee-Christians, thereby turning upside down the Revelations received by Mohammed.

Michael

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join