It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter will remain close to Earth for weeks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bosb33r
reply to post by ngchunter

When you fixed the USTREAM channel pls let me know looking forward to see your vid!

Is USTREAM for free i saw some video's that are over 1 hour

Yup, ustream is free unless you want to broadcast at higher resolutions like HD, or if you want the pro version of their broadcast software to be able to switch camera inputs on the fly without having to stop a broadcast. I will not broadcast with them ever again as I just can't trust my footage to them; they're now denying ever banning me, though clearly I was banned earlier, and I can't access my main recording from last night. It's like it doesn't exist. That kind of unprofessional, unreliable nonsense is just something I can't afford. I lost some awesome footage of an Io transit during this close approach.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

When you fixed the USTREAM channel pls let me know looking forward to see your vid!

Is USTREAM for free i saw some video's that are over 1 hour

Yup, ustream is free unless you want to broadcast at higher resolutions like HD, or if you want the pro version of their broadcast software to be able to switch camera inputs on the fly without having to stop a broadcast. I will not broadcast with them ever again as I just can't trust my footage to them; they're now denying ever banning me, though clearly I was banned earlier, and I can't access my main recording from last night. It's like it doesn't exist. That kind of unprofessional, unreliable nonsense is just something I can't afford. I lost some awesome footage of an Io transit during this close approach.

Yes that's very Sad
upload it next time to youtube its a lot better!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Unfortunately youtube doesn't provide live streaming though. I do have a youtube channel for videos after I've processed them, but I had been using ustream for the live images. I might change my mind about ustream later, but if I do I'll be saving everything with a redundant system in case they shut me down again and delete my recording. I'm working on finishing up the processing on the second half of the Io transit I recorded offline, it would have been killer to have the whole transit to use instead.

jra

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Unfortunately youtube doesn't provide live streaming though.

Well, actually they do. They just started testing live streaming with youtube earlier this month. I don't think it's available to everyone yet, but it could become an option in the near future.

youtube-global.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Unfortunately youtube doesn't provide live streaming though.

Well, actually they do. They just started testing live streaming with youtube earlier this month. I don't think it's available to everyone yet, but it could become an option in the near future.

youtube-global.blogspot.com...

Wow, that's new, good to know. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep my eye on that. Never say never, right?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I took the liberty of filming Jupiter the other night. It looked even better through binoculars. The moons could be seen clearly very impressive , please watch in 480p and wiidescreen.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Nice shot tarifa37

I am not sure i have upload this one here, but this one is also

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Here's my video of Jupiter from the 22nd-23rd, showing the second half of an Io transit. I would have had the entire transit if not for Ustream.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Wow that's a amazing shot
what kind of telescope did you use?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Wow that's a amazing shot
what kind of telescope did you use?

Thanks! I use an 8" LX200 Classic.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Here's my video of Jupiter from the 22nd-23rd, showing the second half of an Io transit. I would have had the entire transit if not for Ustream.

Niice one!

what magnification/mm are we seeing this at?
like 2mm?
lol
looks great man, nice job.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Niice one!

what magnification/mm are we seeing this at?
like 2mm?
lol
looks great man, nice job.

Thanks! Technically since I'm not using an eyepiece there is no magnification, but in terms of comparison to a magnified view in an eyepiece it's probably roughly equivalent to 500x or 600x. That's actually higher than what you should ever use on this telescope since it will normally degrade the view, but since these are stacked images they're effectively diffraction limited or close to it. Stacked images like that can usually by resampled by as much as twice their original resolution so that you can easily see all the finer details they contain without making them too blurry. I resampled these frames by about 1.6x to bring out all the detail.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join