It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's The Event hypothesis!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Here is what I think is going down in the opening episode :

1. The assassination plot and attack were one in the same.
2. The dude whose life is being turned upside down was the leak to POTUS.
3. The vortex or wormhole created by the aliens were to protect OTUS as he is planning to protect them.

Alot of truth is revealed in cinema and television so this more then likely will follow that course. Besides, who would really believe movies or tv as a way to find out real truth.

If this thread needs moving please feel free to do so. BTW, this is my 500th post on ATS!

edit on 21-9-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: adde dmore info! D1!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I smell globalist agitprop in this hyped nonsense.

Anytime networks hype something its ultimately to support some criminal political agenda.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Im glad someone else around here watched that show, I was beginning to feel lonely about it! Not so sure what I think about it, but it is interesting how Hollywood has always had a way of "Leading" us, so Im really interested in seeing where this ends up.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

i tried watching that show but i got tired of the flashbacks in my opinion its poorly written and poorly thought out show but i expect this from hollylame.

i did think it was a stupid move with the airplane getting ready to crash in to the "president" i thought its tasteless and insensitve reminds me of 9-11.

you can say it mirrors real life but in the its JUST a tv show but with a political agenda but what do you expect from the leader network of the obama cheerleaders

much like how battlestar galactica was ripped off from 8 years of gwb

they have no conception how to remotely writing anything of substance.

just my opinion take it or leave it

edit on 21-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No doubt.. It flashed back like 6 times. 3 in the first 10 minutes. Too many time changes IMO. Its interesting how Hollywood can play on our fears almost the same way the news media does. If im honest, it sucked.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

i tried watching that show but i got tired of the flashbacks in my opinion its poorly written and poorly thought out show but i expect this from hollylame.

i did think it was a stupid move with the airplane getting ready to crash in to the "president" i thought its tasteless and insensitve reminds me of 9-11.

you can say it mirrors real life but in the its JUST a tv show but with a political agenda but what do you expect from the leader network of the obama cheerleaders

much like how battlestar galactica was ripped off from 8 years of gwb

they have no conception how to remotely writing anything of substance.

just my opinion take it or leave it

Sigmund Freud is famous for his "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." So somtimes a TV movie is just a movie.
Remember, this is a followup on 24. I guess they could have called it "Zero?"

edit on 21-9-2010 by Aliensun because: Sorry neo96, I stuck my words into your quote.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Lost 2.0?

yeah; I wasn't enamored with it's style of telling the story, though I may watch a couple more episodes just to see where they were going with it.

No sense in pissing all over a story after the first paragraph.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well. I tried real hard to concentrate on all the flashbacks. I knew Sean wouldn't die as he is a main character and at the end when the plane just disappeared my jaw dropped and I shouted out to the room Where did it go???? And then the russian woman said, They saved us! I thought hmmmm, WHO saved them... aliens? Hmmmm.

I taped it, and will watch it again.

I am intrigued and can't wait for the next episode!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The best part of the show...wasnt even part of the show..It Was the Angle Commercial.

I was rollin.

Other than that. This show is not what I expected it to be.

I thought it was rather lame, but hey, thats just me.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just one more badly written show with bad effects that I must now watch so I can see what the hell its supposed to be about.

That comes to a grand total of 3 crap shows.

1. Persons Unknown
2. The event.
3. Heroes?

I want Jack Bauer back.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

i agree but my three shows are:

lost---the ending sucked which made it all a waste of time
battlestar galacitca the ending sucked which made it all a waste of time.
stargate universe-- blah

i use to love scifi but not what is suppose to pass for it thesesdays

ge owns nbc bravo syfy so its no wonder at my dissapointments

i want heroes back btw

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You want heroes back after last years crappy story line?

BTW I loved how lost ended, granted it wasn't an in your face ending. I even hated the ending until I started to think about it and came to the conclusion that it was a great way to end it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

meh guess ur right 1st season of heros was the only good one now i think about it.

as to lost i didnt like it for the reason i watch 6 years of nothing but dead people so what was the point of it all

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

With the flashbacks the way they where i wouldn't be surprised if the aliens where things made by the smoke monster that got off the island

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

See you don't understand the ending.

They weren't dead. What happened on the Island happened when they were alive. The purgatory part happened once they were all dead, either from dying on the island or dying a long time after the events on the island happened.

Once everyone that was on the island had died was when the purgatory part happened. Thats why Desmond freaked out and said he was wrong, what happens here really does matter. Remember he only said that after he touched the window of the car when it was under water.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I will be happy to explain any other questions you might have. Hopefully oncfe you fully understand it then you will see it was a great ending.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hmm, I guess that I am the only one that is seeing this show in a different way and looking at the clues that are all over and following them. Some times in movies (specially low budget films) and in TV, you will have lines that make no sense at all to some people but will make sense to those that know about what they are talking about and it has nothing to do with the movie or show. If you have been doing lots of research here on ATS you will know exactly what is going on. Watch it not like a TV show but like a puzzle and possible answers to a lot of the conspiracy theories that we discuss in ATS. If you are able to record it, do it and watch it again and think about what person or group was in a similar situation in real life and consider if maybe what we are being presented in the show could be a reasonable theory to what happened in real life.
I will be watching this series from now on, if you have questions or didn't understand something, feel free to send me a message.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Please carry on with the discussion about this topic in the original thread found here:

abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join