It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six degrees of separation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalreadySpeaking of nodes, I don't know a technical term for it, but there are surely some central nodes that make your network infinite and intimate. For example the Nelson Mandela. From there surely anything is possible within 1 or 2 degrees politics, entertainment, world leadership, etc. I could probably connect myself with Clinton or Obama or Jimmy Carter within a few degrees. Once I get to that level then everything is within the grasp of another degree or two.
Sure. The guys who created Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon did so jokingly, figuring they could connect any actor to Kevin Bacon through at most 6 films. But it turns out that once they crunched the numbers, Bacon isn't the center of the Universe... Dennis Hopper is! (at least by last calculation...) The major factors there being the number of films he's been in, and the size of the cast of those films. If there's an actor who's done a lot of really small films, or an actor who's done a few really big films, they don't have the same far-reaching scope as Dennis Hopper...

edit on 9/21/2010 by JoshNorton because: Linky.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

He wasn't the inventor of Timewave Zero software by any chance?

As that describes the very same principle, Evasius has done some brilliant threads about the subject.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

LOL, no, but he is randomly on ATS, and once he found Evasius' threads he went wild for a few days and ran a ton of dates and scenarios and made some predictions on the threads. I don't know how well he faired in the prediction realm though.

Here is his profile Memarf1

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Cheers, I'll have a scan tomorrow, got some beer to drink now

top topics

<< 1   >>

join