It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need your help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I was talking to my friend today and he was was telling about anincident that took place in the mid 90s, it was about an R.A.F. harrier jet that went out of control and crashed in to the english channel but when it was recoverd the poilot was not in the cockpit and the canopy was still intact,but the poilot was found asleep in a field in a field unharmd has any one else heard this story or know where I can find more info about it ... thanks

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifersjester
I was talking to my friend today and he was was telling about anincident that took place in the mid 90s, it was about an R.A.F. harrier jet that went out of control and crashed in to the english channel but when it was recoverd the poilot was not in the cockpit and the canopy was still intact,but the poilot was found asleep in a field in a field unharmd has any one else heard this story or know where I can find more info about it ... thanks

Sounds like an urban legend.

It doesn't look like it actually happened...

List of Harrier Loses

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Funnily enough, the story rings a bell with me - except in my recollection the plane (not sure if it was a Harrier) crashed into the north sea.

Sorry for the vague post, but I am pretty sure I read about it somewhere. Perhaps it was in an issue of 'UFO Magazine'. I still lament the sad loss of that brilliant publication.

I wish I could help you more Lucifersjester, but as you've probably found out, googling gets you nowhere with it!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

Lucifersjester.....

Sorry.....I've not heard that story.

As a complement to DoomsdayRex's external search, have you searched ATS for "Harrier & UFO" or similar?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This sounds familiar to me too but what comes to mind was a Cessna (or some other kind of small plane) off the coast of Catalina Island I believe. If I remember correctly the pilot was found alive and well but when the plane was recovered his seat belt was still locked in place. It may have been mentioned on UFO Hunters but I'm not sure.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Found this, not quite mid-90s but very similar...

Britain’s most plausible alien abduction happened off the East Yorkshire coast, according to some UFOlogists.

The incident happened in September 1970. Foxtrot 94, an RAF Lightning fighter jet crashed into the North Sea.

UFOlogists claim its pilot, Captain William Schaffner was abducted by an alien spacecraft after he’d scrambled to intercept it off Flamborough Head.

Wreckage
The Lightning aircraft was recovered three months later from the seabed. Remarkably, it was virtually undamaged.

The cockpit canopy was shut but there was no sign of Captain Schaffner’s body.

The unusual condition of the wreckage fueled UFOlogists speculations of an alien abduction.

Looks interesting...

See Here

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

Lucifersjester,
I like your screen name

I have googled the following with no results of a pilot being found asleep in a field after their plane went into water, and I went 5 pages into each search:

plane crashes into english channel
plane crash english channel
plane crash canopy pilot
aircraft crashes into english channel
aircraft crash english channel
aircraft crash canopy pilot
pilot found asleep in field
aircraft english channel pilot canopy
pilot found canopy english channel
canopy closed pilot found
canopy still intact pilot found

And after looking at 55 pages of google search I found no similiar story to the details you mention from the 90s, or of similar circumstances outside what is above. Morgil,

hope this helps,
et

edit on 21-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: Morgil

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I was talkin to my friend and told him this was an urban legend, but he said he seen it on the BBC news he said it was between 1994 and 1997 that head watched it was only mentiond once on the news after that he neves seen any thing about it even on the web back then there was very little, but Im tryin to find it because every thing eldse he told me has been correct so far such as an alleged UFO crash in the boyle mountains here in ireland 1997

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The story is true. it is GR5 harrier. it is documented and witnessed by US Air Force Transport Plane.

A US Military Transport plane spotted a harrier flying to the sea and they noticed the harrier's cockpit is empty , canopy missing. The Transport followed the fighter until it is ditched in the sea.

It seem the pilot are thrown out of the plane (the ejection seat still intact and not launched) and by coincidence or not the pilot's body , a rubber dinghy and the parachute all strewn on a field that had crop circle phenomena (this is before all the crop circle hoaxing began).

This news was reviewed in FSR (Flying Saucer magazine). No mention of anything supernatural for the cause of pilot's separation with plane. the only strange coincidence is the place where pilot's body was found, on a crop circles filled field.

en.wikipedia.org...

22 October 1987 BAe GR5 (ZD325) lost over the sea while on a pre-delivery test flight from BAe Dunsfold. The pilot was inadvertently removed from the cockpit by the seat separation drogue gun, leaving the Harrier to fly un-manned with the broken canopy attached. The aircraft was intercepted by a passing USAF Lockheed C-5 Galaxy, to check for signs of life, before crashing in the Atlantic Ocean off the Irish coast, due to fuel exhaustion.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Additional Link and Info for the Harrier Incident :

www.nickpope.net...

22 October 1987 crash of a Harrier aircraft was caused by energies associated with crop circles, and that these energies had caused the spontaneous firing of the pilot’s ejector seat, leading to the man’s death (The body was found in Wiltshire, not far from where some crop circles had appeared in the Summer).

www.examiner.com...

Andrews showed official documents dating from the first crop circles that appeared in England in 1985 to prove the government interest in crop circles has been sustained and comprehensive.

Andrews showed photos of a UFO ‘orb’ in the vicinity of a crop circle that was monitored by two military helicopters. Andrews revealed how the helicopters tried to intimidate crop circle researchers to leave the vicinity and stop filming what was happening. The relationship between the UFO and recently created crop circle was obvious to researchers but this was downplayed by the British government.

Andrews most startling claim was that a British Harrier jet that passed over several crop circles on October 22, 1987, left the scene without its pilot and later crashed 300 miles into the Atlantic ocean. One theory subject to an official inquiry, according to Andrews, was that the Harrier had passed over the crop circle’s energy field and this triggered the ejection mechanism of the plane. Essentially, the pilot ejected through the canopy which caused his death and his body was found near three crop circles.

www.colinandrews.net...

edit on 17-12-2012 by milomilo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join