It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Space Shuttle Discovery Prepares for Final Flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

NASA Space Shuttle Discovery Prepares for Final Flight

www.eweek.com

NASA announced the space shuttle Discovery’s final trip to Launch Pad 39A is complete. Discovery began the 3.4-mile rollout from Kennedy’s Vehicle Assembly Building on Sept. 20 and rolled into place on the launch pad early Sept. 21, NASA reported. Discovery’s STS-133 mission is targeted to launch to the International Space Station on Nov. 1 on Discovery’s last scheduled flight before it is retired. Two spacewalks (EVAs) are also scheduled during the flight.

During space shuttle Discovery's final spaceflight, the STS-133 crewmembers will take spare parts to the International Space
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's a damn shame that the shuttle fleet is closing down operations. Last flight for discovery and we have just Endeavour left?

After Endeavour what's going to happen? We are going to use some funky rockets to get people up to the ISS? or maybe they are finally going to release a updated replacement for the shuttle that's still top secret?

Either way it's a shame to lose the shuttles.

www.eweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is exciting news. We are going forward into space travel.

This is like going from an old prop passenger plane to one that uses jet engines.

Without a doubt the USA will not stop space exploration.
We are just going to do it in a safer and more efficient way.

What will the future space ships look like? It may surprise us all.

Another analogy could be like us going from horse and buggy to automobiles.

My imagination is running rampant designing future space ships. I envision a disc like ship with a power source not yet made known to the public.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I think it's going to become privatized...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I will be keeping a watch on this mission. I have a feeling that something (1) extraordinary, or (2) disastrous will occur on this final mission. In no way do I expect it to be mundane and uneventful.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This spaceship is now leaking fuel hope they fix it.

new topics

top topics

join