It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man caught on CCTV abandoning his limping dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Once again, my distaste and digust in the human race has been examplified...

Officials are trying to trace a man caught on CCTV intending to take a dog for a walk but instead abandoning the Shetland cross terrier.

The footage shows a man turning on his heel and striding back to his car, leaving the dog limping slowly behind him.

Sadly, Yahoo.co.uk also provides the CCTV video evidence (may not be viewable outside UK).

Source

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It seems more and more articles and stories are coming out about animal cruelty.

I suppose it's due in large part to the massive presence CCTV now has in our lives. In any case, incidents like this sicken me to the core.

While I have been very vocal in the past about my indifference to humans in general, I cannot stand what people do (or don't do) to animals and this is another sad, yet perfect case.

If it turns out to be as the video purports - then it would appear an animal, either with a current injury or sustained limp has been abandoned simply because it does not meet up to their owner's preconceived notion of what a "pet" should be. Yes, perhaps the animal was injured and needed expensive care. And I understand that many people do not share my view on "animal rights" or equality (IMO most animals deserve more right than most people).

But how could anyone abandon an aniaml in that condition? Imagine putting yourself into that dog's mind. It's life and everything it knows is based around it's owner. Dogs have a loyalty often an undying one. As a dog owner, I couldn't ever destroy my dog's world by leaving it behind like that. Few things in the world rate low on my morality chart. This is one of them.

I'll hold off on venting rage and violence towards the man that did this, but if I knew who it was, and I could get away with it...

edit on 21-9-2010 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
we live at the crossroads of two highways here in Rural Kansas...
you would think living way out in the country like we do (Well more than 100 miles from the nearest big city)
we would'nt see people dumping their unwanted pets... but we do... just last week my daughter found a half starved kitten in the yard.... still had her collar on... for weeks we've been catching glimpses of a half starved hound dog... been leaving food out for him but he wont come anywhere close to the house... in the short time we've been here we've seen about a dozen dumped cats half that number in adult dogs... I'm already on a first name basis with the county animal control officer...

it happens everywhere bud...

edit on 21-9-2010 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I know.. And that's what gets to me.

To me, a pet is more than just an animal I "own", as I'm sure it is to many people. I guess I just assume more people would value their pets' lives than what this vid/article shows.

edit on 21-9-2010 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As bad as I think this is and as much as my heart goes out to this poor dog, I certainly don't think the fella should be prosecuted. Would it have been better if the guy kept the dog but beat him? Would it have been better if the guy didn't abandon the dog but couldn't take care of him for some reason? Often times, the dog is probably much better off joining a wild pack, than going to the pound or a shelter where he will be "wearhoused" or even euthanized.

As sad as this story looks, I surely don't think the guy did anything criminal. With that being said, what's up with Brits and animals lately?

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
These kinds of people are pathetic. These animals depend on them and the ditch them they were nothing. God help any of them if I happen upon them.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
As sad as this story looks, I surely don't think the guy did anything criminal. With that being said, what's up with Brits and animals lately?

Not sure if it was criminal or not - most likely not. if anything he'd be fined or cautioned for animal neglect.

As for Brits and animals - that's a good question. I suppose we're no better or worse than others. But perhaps due to the obscene amount of CCTV we now have, it's just easier for these stories to be reported.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Looks like all the CCTV's but up all over the UK are starting to show some real purpose now

I do not understand how people can do this. It takes a cold heart to do such a thing.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I'm confused... How can anyone feel any hatred or construe what actually happened???

I seen no evidence of this guy abandoning his dog. All I seen was a guy taking his dog out and then goes back to his car, opens the back door and then strangely the video ends!! Until we are hit up the face with the bitch who binned the cat!!

So let me think... If the media is showing us what we want to see and patching a real video of animal cruelty in the middle, do you not think that the report is misleading? If they are so desperate to find this guy... Take his reg patch it through the UK vehicle database of the local police department and sit back, with a cuppa and watch the show unfold. They have the tech, so why not use it. Or do I have to think for every braindead moron in this world. Maybe it's too easy... Not actiony for them. Pfffttt!

I'm sorry but I don't buy it and this is the main reason I no longer watch or listen to the news. Same regurgitated crap filling our screens and ears. How many times have you ALL seen on ATS about media making you think, what you are seeing is true?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Pets are better people than most people.

People who will harm a pet are not safe to have around humans, either.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
There are a few good people left. About 4 weeks ago my wife noticed that there was a cat hanging around her office. A few days later she realized that the cat had had a litter under the wooden deck. My wife fed her three times a day (even going in on the weekends) to be sure she could care for her kittens. After a week or so the kittens disappeared but mom would return for feedings. A couple weekends ago we went over to feed her and follow her to see where she may have relocated the kittens. We had hoped that the owner had shown up and collected them. What we found was that the mother had relocated her kittens under the deck of a nearby house and the people who lived there were not happy about it. Fearing that the entire lot was at risk we took them all in (despite the fact that we are struggling finncially) and have found good homes for all four of the kittens. We decided to keep mom (we already have 3 male cats) and will ensure that, unlike her original owner, she is spayed.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Dogs rely on family units, be it other dogs or humans, they need to be a part of a pack. The cruelty towards dogs is unbelievable, like those that get a puppy and tie it outside where it spends its life without the nurturing companionship it deserves, only to be treated as an inconvenience at best.

Animal cruelty is abundant where I live and it is mainly because of a Cultural Conditioning. Hispanics in this region are the worst at realizing that animals have Spirits and that they actually have a language and that they have feelings too. Instead the culture here sees them as just "stupid animals" to be used and abused as they see fit. Yeah, I know, this does sound like I am prejudice, but I know this by observation, a lifetime of it.

Recently a nearby neighbor down the road brought home a chihuahua puppy, it couldn't have been over 6-weeks-old. It was placed in a rabbit cage on the porch where it cried for its mother throughout the next week, day and night, every time I walked by the poor little thing was lost and confused. Finally they took it and threw it in with their chickens, a pen no bigger than a walk-in box itself. There it sits day in day out waiting for some kind of interaction, some kind of affection, crying out to deaf ears. Perhaps they were tired of losing chickens to predators and wanted a dog to help protect them, perhaps they are just stupid people; all I know is that it is not uncommon here yet it is still cruelty.

I walk my dogs daily, we cover several miles each day. It does me good and it does the dogs good. I purposely walk through a new housing area because the sidewalks actually help trim their nails and it is a "safe" walking environment. I have noted so many cruel and unusual behaviors of people with their dogs. One house I refuse to walk past now because it is a police officer's home, a canine unit; I have always thought that canine police kept their dogs at home with them as a member of the family. I was so wrong! This policeman owns two large family dogs which he keeps in the backyard. The police dog is kept in a "squeeze cage" like what you see at zoos for transport and veterinarian uses. It is a 4 x 2 ft cage that is enclosed so seeing the dog is impossible, I can only hear him clawing and barking as I walk by. It is on wheels so the surface he has to stand on is metal as well, a stainless steel transport cage is what it looks like. The only time the dog is allowed out is to and from the squad car. He likely has to defecate in this cage as well. The side of the police car says "Andi" which denotes the name of the dog. It is a sad cruel world for him and nothing is wrong with this at all in the eyes of the Law. Who would have thought?

I constantly see dogs in small runs by themselves, the look they give is one of a long drawn out psychosis, a look of "emptiness" surrounds them. I give them names based on how they bark, one in particular is stuck outdoors 24/7 and yet I can hear a child crying in the house, I am sure this child is getting just as much attention; I named the dog "Odie", because he yoddles like he is saying Odie Odie Ohhh. Poor thing!

When I moved into this house my landlady called to ask if I would feed her dog while she was "off to the Ranch", her personal get-away; I agreed and went over to meet the dog. He was only 12-years-old, fat and club-footed, attached to a chain that was less than 10-feet. The surrounding half-round furrow to the exact length of the chain indicated that this dog had not been off this chain in more years than I could imagine. His entire life was this 20 ft circumference. That was it, nothing more than that, I felt sickened and I felt disgusted, but this is how this "culture" treats their pets. They say, "Oh they are guard dogs", and justify the existence. So cruel, and so sad. Later that same year I asked how he was doing and she told me that her husband had to shoot him one night because he started crying and would not stop.

I am a firm believer that all dogs require a "family" unit. My dogs are my children, and just as it was with my first dog, these too will be by my side until I know they are ready to go, then I will hold them as they are put down humanely and in my own home. I should hope for someone to be that humane for me one day.

As a rant, I cannot believe that someone thinks that a dog can just go join a pack on the street! How ridiculous is that? Most dogs get hit by cars because they don't even know to stay off the street when they are running about, how would they "know" to join a pack when the human is their pack, even the stupid idiot humans they love without fault.

On Judgment Day we will all discover the cruelty of our Past and we will all discover how sad our lives really were when we cannot even respect Intelligent Creatures around us. We are a cruel ugly Species by Nature and we do not deserve half of the considerations we receive. Yeah, I guess I am prejudice!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I know exactly what you mean. I live out in the middle of nowhere and people are always dumping their dogs out here. They are under the impression that country people will always take in a stray or they feel the dogs will live an idyllic life in the wilderness.

First off city dogs know squat about country life they usually don’t last long. Most country people I know already have several cats/dogs they really don’t want more and we certainly don’t appreciate having them forced on us. Not to mention the fact that ranchers will shoot any stray they see around the cattle. I’m sorry but large predators are the only ones who welcome defenseless strays out here.

If you don’t want your dogs take them to the pound. Dumping them off in the country only leads to death by ranchers, starvation, dehydration or predators. Where I live there are poison bait traps all over. These traps are legally set by the dept. of agriculture to protect cattle from predators. The dogs/coyotes are tempted with baited rags and end up with a face full of cyanide. The wilderness is no place for domesticated animals even the cattle out here are pretty unruly and wild.

No I've had it with people and their city animals. I've gotten cats from town who wouldn't chase/kill mice. Their momma never taught them. I would point out live mice and they would look at me like I was crazy. Just wasn't PC I guess.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

I don't think the media has an "agenda" in this case, apart from the usual stirring up of emotional responses to an incident of animal neglect.

Also, I'm curious to know why you think this is fake?

The incident was witnessed by staff in office blocks overlooking the car park. Ginger is now waiting to be rehomed.

I mean, the incident was viewed by witnesses and the animal is now in care, awaiting a new home.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I really enjoy hearing of other people who not only value the lives of animals (especially dogs) but have a thorough appreciation and understanding of what they need and what an animal owner's responsibility is.

Nice post, Greensage.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have found it extemely bizzare the amount of coverage these animal stories are receiving in the mainstream media. News Networks do not have hearts and are not bringing these stories to you because of their love of animals. THis particular story involved a man dropping off a dog he could no longer manage. He was too scared to hand it in somewhere for fear of what might happen to him. He is portrayed as an evil nasty dog abandoner. Lets all point and judge.

The only conclusion I can come to is that these items are being used to send the message out that everything you are doing is being observed. Everything,

top topics

join