It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TownHall Questioner To Obama: 'I'm Exhausted Of Defending You' -PLUS Obama's Response

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted anywhere yet,,,good video.

Obama held a town hall meeting today, and during q&a, a very articulate woman asked his a very straight question.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Wow, that was sweet justice on steriods!!
So the election is around the corner and he is holding un-scripted townhall q&a's?
Let me at him...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well, I thought he was going to die with that one... I actually can't believe he was able to come out of that, the lady was very reasonable and he did pick good things to illuminate that I benefit from. The video editors asserts that the rising cost of tuition is due to cutting out the subsidized middleman has increased tuition in the first place.
What the editor does not divulge is that these costs have been rising by about 6% every year due to inflation in the general economy, state deficits, the inflated costs of NEW technology which some might argue as being vital to state of the art education, demand is also very high...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Quite honestly it sounded to me as though he did not have a solid, straight forward answer, the ones that he did give made absolutely no difference to the middle class. I mean how many of the responsible people are out using a credit card? How many are buying a house? Worthless to the every day live of the middle class!

But she only asked the question because she is a raciest!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
Quite honestly it sounded to me as though he did not have a solid, straight forward answer, the ones that he did give made absolutely no difference to the middle class. I mean how many of the responsible people are out using a credit card? How many are buying a house? Worthless to the every day live of the middle class!

But she only asked the question because she is a raciest!

Well I personally like my insurance cancelled when I get cancer, I am sure you do too.
I certainly will miss having my interest rate on my credit card jacked up without me being a party to
the new contract I never signed.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Worthless to the every day live of the middle class!

Thats why I am glad you are not President and I am glad you can admit to it!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

So, according to your twisted logic, people who buy houses and use credit cards are irresponsible?

Some folks will use ANY excuse to go after Obama when they're too stupid to realize that it's distracting them from all of the # going on right under their noses!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
that responsed sucked arse!
the credit card thing is a good thing he did perhaps but that's a one day's day worth of a job, he could have done that on his coffee break alone.

the woman expressed herself very well!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
While I am not an Obama supporter, I thought he handled the question rather well. I am glad it was asked by a black woman so there is not the stigma of racism involved. God forbid had it been asked by a white tea partier.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
and weakest response of the century goes to......

*drumroll*

that little old lady must have an extra reserve tank of patience. because obama didnt exactly defend himself valiantly right there. and it was a very simple and fair question.

it was pretty much:

Lady: wth r u doing?

Obama: whaaaaaat, cmon ive done stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Obama's response was to basically list and talk about the things he has done so far. His response makes some sense as this unhappy citizen was questioning him on why he hasn't done enough.

Was it enough? Did it feel like enough? No, because Obama hasn't done enough and people are angry and fed up, and rightly so. Will he do more until his presidency is over? I hope so, but quite frankly, from what I've seen from him so far, I'm not very hopeful that there will be the type of significant and meaningful changes people expect/expected.

Some of it has to do with people's expectations being unrealistic, but the bottom line is that America has deeper problems other than whoever is President at a certain time. It sure is better to have someone there who has more than half a brain, but let's not kid ourselves, the whole system is broken -- Washington is broken; the news media in the traditional sense is non-existent, and it has turned into an entertainment and ratings business; and the political discourse in America is akin to and as meaningful as a wrestling show script.

To be fair, maybe it's unrealistic as well to expect Obama to fix things with the little time he has been in office, because, let's not fool ourselves, America's problems didn't start 2 years ago -- most have been decades in the making -- but even Obama supporters have to recognize that all the issues he has tackled he has done so half-assedly.

I will give him credit on one thing -- doing these town hall meetings in the current political and social climate. Remember when certain unnamed Presidents hand-picked their audience and pre-screened the questions? You know, the true freedom-loving Presidents...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

No what I was trying to say was, because of the problems that we are having, most middle class people are trying to eliminate there debt. If you noticed the home market is in the tank because people are afraid. I have had the same card for 5ys now and never had them raise the rate. If you have good credit and pay your bill most of the time it won’t happen, and if it does, call them on it and ask for a refund. I think you will find that they will be happy do do it for you. Provided your in excellent standing.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Worthless to the every day live of the middle class!

Thats why I am glad you are not President and I am glad you can admit to it!

Could you tell me where I said I wanted to be president and where I admitted it? But if I was the president trust me it would not be long! The immediate changes I would make, would lead to my demise. Guaranteed.

If you want to see real change vote for Ron Paul! He will show you change and not talk. If he doesn’t I will never speak about politics again. By the way.. Are you even old enough to vote?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Very articulate.

Very telling.

Very powerful.

I enjoyed watching this, but also felt the woman's pain.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have to agree with the lady, I am tired of defending Obama as well. I know he has tried to do some good for this country. But he has faced an epic battle from the other side every step of the way. I believe he has been too conciliatory and has tried too hard to work with the republicans who have absolutely zero intention of ever working with him on anything.

That's what got HCR screwed up, trying to placate the GOP. I don't know why he tried so hard to work with them.

Hell, 30 Republicans voted AGAINST an anti gang rape amendment that would have saved taxpayers money! So obviously it's not like the GOP is voting against bills because they think they are bad, they are voting against bills because the other side is proposing them.

This is where Obama and the Democrats screwed up. They shouldn't have been so willing to work with people who had no intention of reciprocating that effort, and I for one am tired of defending someone who won't go all the way with their promises. If Obama want's to be re elected in 2012 he has got to step up to the plate, grow some balls and really get his agenda pushed through. The Right is going to hate it no matter what it is, it doesn't matter, hell, if Obama took the GOP plan (If there was one) and ran on that, the right wingers would be against it.

If anyone thinks that the GOP would, if in charge, work with the Democrats on anything they are sadly mistaken. The Democrats have got to take a page from the GOP playbook and unite to get these bills passed as they were meant to be not watered down.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I remember GWB speaking at a SOTU address. He sadly remarked that SS reform had not happened because Dems had refused to even sit down and discuss it.

Hillary Clinton stood up and applauded wildly.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Let me remember, what was GWB's plan for social security? Oh right, that's it, give all our money to wall street. Yea, in hindsight I think it's a good thing that our social security wasn't given to wall street to loose when the market tanked.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Very brief and incorrect version of his plan. That's why so much fighting goes on; because of the lies.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That woman has b---s, she has a home, a job and sends her children to private school. I think she should be happy for what she has. There are millions of Americans out there that can't find work, are losing their homes and families and retirement. Some people really need to wake up and smell the coffee.

top topics

join