It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everything in our life harming us? (literally)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
this is just a general rant concerning how lives are now, and it pisses me off....that everything in our surroundings is harming us...few examples include:

fluoride in water (really important for us to live, poisoned with fluoride)
chlorine in water ( in high quantities as bad as fluoride)
Bpa and other stuff in plastic (which we store food in)

metals in everything from TVs, to our HOME PAINT
everything in the house from the carpets, to the walls....
i read theres something in our bedsheets and pillows too...

DECT phones ( standard cordless phone in every house now) (tumors?)
cell phones...(tumors)

HFCS and alot of other crap in food in food

How come very few people seem to care about all of this? i mean no one rallies to get their mayors or district reps to do something about this?????? i mean theres more stuff but EVERYTHING concerning our lives is tainted with some carcinogen....from water to food to clothes to entertainment!!!!

also...another major problem concerning schools which are more like indoctrination centers now..only taught what the state wants, and all social and political beliefs...

continued to the side....concerning societal problems...

Religion ( nuff said)

propaganda mind control on TV, and then music
stupidity everywhere from american idol to people commenting on "fashion" (wtf ...its just clothes) and then people electing leaders without knowing their policies or staff memebers....

everyone seeming to care about jersey shore more than the economy?

edit on 20-9-2010 by the dacoit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
yea but then again prior to 100 years ago we had no idea what even caused the flu. our technology has gotten better thus making us more aware of how sick we really are. I have multiple sclerosis. Somedays I wish I never knew what it was that I had. I would be more than content to get sick every now and then, not know why, but life a blissfully ignorant life. A century ago people with MS had it better because they didnt know that they were doomed imo

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm absolutely certain that one day scientists will reveal the terrible truth about life - everyone who has contracted it has/will die.

It's generally a dangerous endeavor, and likely, a poor idea from the beginning. Nonetheless, people will go on trying to live, creating life, and there shall be no place to go that doesn't end in worm food or the furnace. It's as senseless as mowing grass- it just grows back! Same can be said for life- it just keeps coming back.

I shall cast my vote for the man who can promise the pushing of the "red button" of apocalypse / holocaust, thereby eradicating all these atrocious dilemmas associated with living... a terrible plague.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Canned food has a liner that is bad for health. Pillows have flame retardants in them that are toxic. WiFi is probably bad. Older cordless phones used to emit only when speaking, and now the newer ones constantly emit radiation. The springs in beds I guess absorb and direct radiation right where a person is laying I read recently. Toxic computer exhaust. Silver nanoparticles in socks to prevent bacteria growth (It's called washing them!!)

It's too bad the government couldn't keep an eye on this, since learning about this all yourself and then still having others being polluted is rather inefficient. If government kept a better eye, I'd help everyone. People that don't take the time to learn are really going to get hit with a lot of this stuff. Not that the above has a huge impact on health, but people that don't care or know about the above are probably going to be eating poor quality food as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Canned food has a liner that is bad for health. Pillows have flame retardants in them that are toxic. WiFi is probably bad. Older cordless phones used to emit only when speaking, and now the newer ones constantly emit radiation. The springs in beds I guess absorb and direct radiation right where a person is laying I read recently. Toxic computer exhaust. Silver nanoparticles in socks to prevent bacteria growth (It's called washing them!!)

It's too bad the government couldn't keep an eye on this, since learning about this all yourself and then still having others being polluted is rather inefficient. If government kept a better eye, I'd help everyone. People that don't take the time to learn are really going to get hit with a lot of this stuff. Not that the above has a huge impact on health, but people that don't care or know about the above are probably going to be eating poor quality food as well.

Why do you require the government to do the work for you?

Apparently you are aware of the silver in socks.........Just get socks without them.
Sleep on the floor.
Use a cord phone.
Kill a goose.
Eat fresh food instead of canned.

And this is just the least of the least of what someone with personal responsbility would suggest.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I've thought about this issue recently. The conclusion I came to is quite simple.

I'm sure there are some substances which are not known to cause issues. Those that are discovered to be harmful are brought to light and dealt with, although that takes time. However I am sure that there are substances that we are in contact with often and their harmful effects are known to some, but it is not made public. The reasoning for it comes down to money. I'm not talking about profits made as a result of cheaper products. Rather, I am talking about money made as a result of dependence. If people suffer slow, long term health issues because they use a common product, but the consequences of said product are not known by the public, it creates a situation where people have to rely on the health care system.

Maybe I am way off in my train of thought. But it certainly fits in with the way big corporations operate these days - profit, power, and making people less independent.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Some people believe more government interference is a good thing.

Daddy government, won't you please take care of us?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Originally posted by ghaleon12

Why do you require the government to do the work for you?

Apparently you are aware of the silver in socks.........Just get socks without them.
Sleep on the floor.
Use a cord phone.
Kill a goose.
Eat fresh food instead of canned.

And this is just the least of the least of what someone with personal responsbility would suggest.

I don't really care personally, because I do a better job than the government could do.
But being a "love your neighbor" type, I don't want people being poisoned. Getting educated on this stuff is really a full time job, and people are lazy, but just because they are lazy shouldn't mean they get poisoned. Wouldn't you agree?

new topics

top topics

join