It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds threaten man on oiled Fl beach, Illegal to dig in the sand on the beach

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

many times in recent history, Americans have only advanced their access to their Rights by risking jail time. no snipers will take you out for digging on the beach.

lay off the espresso.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I can't disagree with any thing you've said, but I also know there are times when one must do what is necessary. I choose words as my weapon of choice. I couldn't suggest anyone take any risk I'm not willing to take myself. With the law the way it is now any one who stands up runs the risk of being called a terrorist. And that is the most frightening thing of all. There was a time standing ones ground was admired. Passive resistance was admired. Now? You're right...things have changed. Maybe it's time things are changed again.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Put your money where your mouth is...............together we can do something.

BP is lying. The federal government is lying.

July 20, 2010

BP is lying. The federal government is lying. Kenneth Feinberg is ... well, let's call it flip-flopping.

Out-of-work fishers and others from the Gulf Coast are enraged about the double dealing of BP and the Feinberg-led escrow fund. They have just learned that if they earned any income or wages from BP as part of the clean-up effort, the money would be subtracted from any claim they make against the so-called $20 billion escrow fund. That is a direct contradiction from what they had been told earlier.

But the latest lie turns out be the tip of the iceberg.

Source and where you can sign the petition. www.seizebp.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I just left Panama City Beach, no problem digging in the sand there, I saw several fathers being buried by their children, those holes can get pretty deep, lol!

I didn't see any kind of ban on digging or otherwise in the sand. Matter of fact this past weekend was sand sculptering on the beach, some pretty big holes were made.

I suppose that location could be the reason for this incident, if the man was digging in an area that is known to have oil at this point, I bet they wouldn't want you digging in it for fear of you getting sick and suing them.

edit to add: to the poster who said they saw samples being taken today off panama city beach, what time would you say you saw that? I was there most of the day and didn't see this happening, and yes there were several ships in the Gulf today, even using binoculars, which we were, you could not tell what types they were, certianly not whether they were naval ships, how could you see this?

Also I would like to mention the blue shell crab have spawned and crabs are everywhere on the beach, I do know that some researchers were checking on them last week in panama city beach, and did in fact find that some of the new crabs do have an oily mixture under their shells.

edit on 24-9-2010 by space cadet because: adding info

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

Then lets do it, what are we waiting for?

Its all about us, we the people, not them and whatever it is that doesn't dare show its face.

Don't get me wrong people, that's precisely my point kno22, thats precisely my point!
But lets be realistic, if one dares for victory one must know its enemy, look around you, we are our very own arch enemy, all we do is backwards, we support the unsustainable, the oil well was reality checking if we were awake or asleep, we keep missing the alarms, we keep overlooking where the attacks are really coming from, its them vs us vs us vs them, its a closed system, entropy inbound, release imminent.

So what are we going to do? *rhetorical question*

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson is rolling in his grave in absolute horror at this.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I am a great fan of the rhetorical & the hypothetical. I would think the first thing people might consider is make a usable plan. Check local, state, fed, etc laws to find out if there is an ordinance in place against digging on beaches. We have become too complacent, again. While we were about our daily lives officials may have changed, or writen, a new law. The average Joe might not even be aware until he steps into the muck & surprise! He now has an arrest record, a fine & possibly a little 'me time' in a local facility. If there is a law effecting your community there are channels to follow to get that law changed. Once a law is in place those who made it aren't going to just give it up easily. They, after all, made it for your own good. Just ask them. They will tell you.
I believe someone here made mention of a letter campaign. As great as email is, it doesn't replace solid paper, & proof it made it to its intended recipient.

I'm certain any organized effort would benefit from a sympathetic attorney & news crew on site. Dedicated youtubers would no doubt be interested enough to document, but not join it, events. You know how those folks are...they love youtube.

One does not have to break laws to show ones discontent. If I were a part of such a plan & found there really is a law against digging, I might take a shovel, but not use it. I would lay it down on the beach in front or beside me & not touch it again until I left. As we all know this issue does extend beyond the desire to move sand. Frankly, I'm not sure why people in the Gulf states haven't already taken, peaceful, action because of the loss of their way of life, their jobs, tourist trade, etc.

We are guaranteed the right of peaceful assemblage. There are of course ordinances about being on private property without permission. At one time, in my area, those who chose to peacefully assemble had to keep moving &, not block an entertrance. A little common sense goes along way.

Of course this is all hypothetical & intended for discussion purposes only. I did come upon interesting info recently regarding Kindred Anesen..not sure that is spelled right. I like her. She speaks her mind. I think she may be involved with project gulf impact. ( www.projectgulfimpact.com ) In LA she was trying to organize efforts to express the concerns of her neighbors.

There is nothing I like more then a lively discussion. Folks expressing views, ideas, thoughts. It's what this country was built on.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

that's it, the thousand mile journey begins with the first step.
The first steps would be educating ourselves and then, with the knowledge of our own responsibility act accordingly to our strengths and weakness.

Everyone can do something, it will be a sustained group effort, just like "they" do, we just have to pull the load the same way, this only appears to be a free for all, but its really not like that!

Keep the discussion going! we need to be aware of the "problem" before we can attempt to solve it!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Thanks SC!

I'll be in PC next Saturday and Sunday. CloudsintheSky is sending me more water sampling kits, and I plan to take samples from the Gulf, a hole dug further on shore, and either rain or inland fresh water.

I also plan to swim at the beach with the kids, and the whole point of the trip is to ride the bikes for ThunderBeach! We are riding the bikes down and cruising, and a couple of people are following along in the cars with the kids.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Where are you analysing these samples? Are you going to post the results here? How about my idea of drilling with a sampling drill?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

An ATSer Cloudsinthesky started a project and he arranged to have the samples tested through a University. It was a very complicated endeavor. It takes ultra-high resolution mass spectrometry to test for the key ingredients of Corexit. Him and Paxnatus were able to ascertain the propietary (non-published) ingredients of Corexit. Then they built a website HERE and they set up a double-blind study to keep the scientists out of trouble, because every lab with the equipment to do the testing has already contracted with BP, Nalco, or an affiliate, and so they are under non-disclosure agreements with legal and economical implications.

Test the Rain Project Thread

Yes, once the results start coming in, they will certainly be posted on ATS. If you would like to send in samples visit the site above.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Sounds fantastic. I'd love to send in samples but my location is bit far away
Good looking project, I'm looking forward to reading the results. So how about using that sampling drill on beaches where 'digging' is prohibited?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Amici, some rumors were saying that well's explosion has been the sabotage to prevent separatism in the USA. in other words, $-clans have used bio weapon & so-called non-lethal weapon to reduce population Worldwide.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join