It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Bus Bullies Confronted by Dad.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wow, sorry for those that posted in the other thread, there was a duplicate.

Here is the story.

This is a very conflicting story. What are parents supposed to do these days?

Would love to hear some opinions on this subject, Im sure at least some of us have dealt with either being bullied, or the unruly children of others.

Peace, NRE.

edit on 20-9-2010 by NoRegretsEver because: dupicate

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Oh i see now XD

That's actually what i would do. I sit by a sixth grader who likes to talk smack about people but the bus driver does nothing and administrators do nothing, so the parent certainly has the right to intervene but not with that hate.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Xionmir because: Thing didnt load but now i see

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This type of situation I think is not discussed enough as to who is supposed to deal with kids, that even the parents don't want to deal with.

When children were disciplined then the authorities were involved, so it seems as if we have lost control of kids today. Are we supposed to allow this to be a part of growing up? Or intervene?

Look at the trouble this guy got into, and the embarrassment that comes with it for him and his child.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Linky no worky

second line, new and improved with more fluffing!!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Im sorry about that, I will post it again just in case.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
And the parents of these bullies are upset? Do they have zero empathy for how upset this dad was at how his daughter was treated by these bullies? Of course not. It's about time someone stood up to these bullies, though I agree he was too angry at the time and the way he went about it was not good.

What many people do not realize is, if the child is a bully, chances are so are the parents, so confronting these children may not do much good at all. Especially as the parents of the bullies will show anger, which the bullies will identify with, and be angry themselves at being berated..... for being a bully, therefore only learning that when they bully, the "complainer" will be the one in trouble, not the bully.

Sad

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Bullies are young predators. The extent of harm they cause to others in the beginning varies from minor, to causing suicide attempts.
They generally have self-esteem issues. Maybe their daddy drinks too much, their momma doesn't ever smile, hard to with that black eye. Their role models are controllers with weak minds.

So, to deal with them, maybe you line up some kid that is a little tougher to smack them around a bit if they start some crap with that little kid with thick glasses. They should learn at an early age that people will intervene on the behalf of the weaker, and maybe it is risky trying to intimidate the weaker people to begin with.

Or, we can wait until they "accidentally" cause a suicide or a death in the course of a robbery.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm a totally non violent type of guy, but I have to say that I love what this particular dad did

If the young bullies want to live by the law of the jungle and bully people that are weaker then them then they need to learn the lesson that there's always a Tiger with bigger teeth.

He didn't hit anyone, he just made a couple of punks pee their pants and taught these guys a lesson that their parents should have taught them in the first place.

As for the police saying he should have called them first, does anyone really believe they would have done anything?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
With all of the media and television that we allow children to watch these days, we have seemed to make children think that they have to be bullies in order to either get ahead or be popular.

Parents ignore children and what they watch and then wonder where they get these ideas from. Just because Nickelodeon and Disney are considered children's television, doesn't mean that you can ignore what they are watching.

With movies that have bullies win, until the end, doesn't mean that this is what children have picked up on. If the bus driver figures their job is to just drive from one stop to the next, and doesn't make school officials aware that there is abuse, then, maybe, just maybe the driver can be held at fault also, just like the good Samaritan rule. Apparently if this was already going on, how come the videos of the abuse towards the girl weren't also released?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I saw this on Fox news the other day. Thanx for bringing it to my attention again. I'm going to watch what happens with him.

If this guy has a legal problem, I have no qualms about sending him some money to help out. These bully's needed the experience they got. Their parents need a good ass kicking also, so they can show their kids how it's done.

As for the police, yeah right... I'm from the police and I'm here to help. They only got involved because of the news coverage.

My boys seemed to always beat up the schools bullies. They weren't bullies, but they didn't get pushed around. I know for a fact if someone messed with my girls, I'd be willing to go before a judge and plead why I have a murder charge. I have zero tolerance for bullies and girls. I was never in that position as my girls have older brothers, but if they didn't. Let's just say, I understand this father dilemma.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Is it just me ... or is anyone else getting sick of "The Young Turks" being posted here as a source? Why don't people just post the ORIGINAL source anymore, lol?

In any case though ... I think the father had a right to confront the bullies. If a child being harassed or harmed I believe the parents unquestionably have the right to get involved ... BUT violence is NOT the answer.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Nurv47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think the school has been negligent implementing the FL legislation s. 1006.147, F.S that protects children against bulling.

the law provide procedures and guidelines for these cases...the parents should present a lawsuit against the school if the negligence can be proved.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I'll tell you an effing thing about Florida, Don't ever listen to their BS!!!! I had the same problem with this little B**CH bully nextdoor with her harrassing my daughters, both, one of which is fourteen and can't touch the little CU** and they did nothing about the bus incidents(Or class incidents when she was in the younger one's class), from the principal, to the bus driver, to the GD Board of ED; they did not do A GD Thing!!!! They are AS& WADS!!! Seminole county is no different I am sure... this is the most inept, incompetent, and retarded school system I have EVER dealt with honestly. I am so glad the D****BAG next door is now moving back to the whole in the ground they crawled out of, cause I was going to pull my child out of school because of the big fat bully next door and the fact that they are so incompetent here. I could teach her more!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm all for dad on this one. It's about time that these bullies were confronted with someone bigger. It's what parents would have done when I was a kid.

My daughter was bullied terribly by one girl in 2nd grade. Not singled out, this girl bullied everyone - hitting, kicking, pushing. My daughter finally got up enough courage to go to an adult (gym teacher assistant) when the abuse was occurring and this POS told her "why are you telling me?". I about tore up that school looking for that gym teacher then came in to speak to the principle the next morning (we had only conferenced 4x on this before) . I only had one thing to say. "My daughter has been given my complete support and permission to defend herself the next time this girl lays a hand, finger, foot or anything on my daughter. The next time this happens, my daughter will be the only one standing. If you suspend her for defending herself, I will use that day off to take her to Disneyland as a reward for standing up for herself." Amazingly, all bullying stopped that day.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg
I'm all for dad on this one. It's about time that these bullies were confronted with someone bigger. It's what parents would have done when I was a kid.

My daughter was bullied terribly by one girl in 2nd grade. Not singled out, this girl bullied everyone - hitting, kicking, pushing. My daughter finally got up enough courage to go to an adult (gym teacher assistant) when the abuse was occurring and this POS told her "why are you telling me?". I about tore up that school looking for that gym teacher then came in to speak to the principle the next morning (we had only conferenced 4x on this before) . I only had one thing to say. "My daughter has been given my complete support and permission to defend herself the next time this girl lays a hand, finger, foot or anything on my daughter. The next time this happens, my daughter will be the only one standing. If you suspend her for defending herself, I will use that day off to take her to Disneyland as a reward for standing up for herself." Amazingly, all bullying stopped that day.

GOOD JOB!!! I told my daughter the same thing only disney world lol, however my daughter well she just doesn't have her mother's cajones!!!! I told her to mutilate the girl!!!! I mean the S&&&&Head lives next door she could do it out of school. She just is very girly though and meek. And her older siblings to old to defend her(In this state they'd have been jailed for protecting her!) YEAH Florida State = Incompetent, retarded inbred A&&WADS!!!!

Yes, this state's school system the worst in the NATION!!!! EVER!!!!

edit on 20-9-2010 by ldyserenity because: To add the worst school system in the country EVER!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have a daughter in the first grade who is currently being verbally/ emotionally bullied on the bus, not just by a boy but another girl (first grade) and her older brother (5th grade)...then, this same girl tries to get the neighbors' kids involved in the bullying. When she came to me with it, crying, my first reaction was to go Columbine on that bus so this father's reaction is completely understandable. As a father in this situation, I really can't express the anger and frustration you feel that this is happening to your little girl, and there is not much you can do about it. ESPECIALLY, when it happened to you as a child. I mean really, what, talk to the parents? Expect the bus driver to do something? Been there, done that. They could all care less. The bullies themselves need to be sent a message, early and severe, that this is unacceptable. I applaud the fact that this monster had the sh%* scared out of him. Little bast*#d needed it. Maybe Dad could have been a little more inventive with his approach, but his message was read loud and clear. Hope that changes this situation for his girl.

As for now, I drive my daughter to school and Mom picks up.

Next year, the older brother will be in middle school.

On a different bus with a very large and very angry 3rd-year defensive end 7th grade older brother.

And this little girl, the bully, will be all alone on my daughter's bus.

With a revenge-minded 2nd grader who will have a year of training under her belt.

She started MMA classes last week.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

i would have given the man a medal. There are serious psychological damages that children can suffer from by being bullied by a group of their peers. Was his language unfortunate? maybe. Was it uncalled for? A girl was having condoms put on her head, and being physically assaulted. no arrests were made. and the party who was physically assaulting her were still on the bus with her.

Did it offend the ears of the innocent little kiddies? the same little innocent kiddies who permitted her to get condoms put on her head and physically assaulted? then those innocent kiddies were not too innocent to permit it to continue. Let them hear a few f bombs from a father who loves his daughter. either that or make them all wear condoms on their heads for the bus ride to or from school.

which is worse?

angry man saying the f word.
or:
some boys repeatedly physically assaulting a girl, and putting open condoms on her head?

i say the latter (2nd) because it took me longer to type.

Yay Daddy! that guy gets a few cool points from me

can you imagine the fear of that kid on the bus when that man was yelling "which one?" there are consequences to our actions and behaviors, and it takes a village. laws and politically correct paperwork? how many laws are there, and what do they all mean when held in context to eachother?

-et

edit on 20-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: i added some stuff

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well I support the Angry Dad, however his temper was out of control and that was not the way to get the point across. I understand how it could happen though its a freaking nightmare out there today for our kids.

There is a battle of light and dark. The dark is in the lead right now...

Good and kind hearted kids are being attacked by not only the kids, those kids often take their cues from teachers and school administration, nurses and bus drivers.

The new cameras on the bus are helpful, but so invasive.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
As someone that was bullied often as a child and into teen years, I can completely sympathize with the father. As a father myself, I would go to jail for my children and would go gladly in the same situation. He screwed up by apologizing because now all the kids see that him yelling at them was empty and they will pick on the daughter even more.

I would have blamed the whole thing on the school district and more so the little moron's parents to the news camera. That kid needs to know what a paddle and a belt are for. So do his parents.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's a melancholy situation, to say the least. If the father of the girl that was abused decided to take a different approach, a more pacifist type of one, would that have accomplished anything? If he sat down quitely next to the bully and calmly had a conversation with him, would things have been different? I doubt it, so I do applaud his approach. Sometimes one just needs to put fear into people in order for them to understand the bigger framework.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join