It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Proposes All Paychecks Go to the State First

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Another problem I see with this is that if the bank that all of our wages are collectivley sitting in goes bye bye then the whole country doesn't get paid

edit on 20-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Perhaps that is their hidden agenda -

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Gotta love the brits, wonder if they are ever going to understand what it takes to become free.

Laughing at ya from across the pond!

Sorry, did not mean any disrespect but COME ON! You peeps going to put up with THIS?!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Look what we put up with. We are the same fish different accent.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Well, I keep getting these things in the mail. They go right in the circular filing cabinet.

They do have these initials on them, I wonder if I should open the next one?

The initials are IRS, have you ever heard of them?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So what DO we do?

2nd line

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
for the one laughing on this side of the pond, have you check thomas lately, just to see if nothing similar hasn't passed here in one of those encyclopedias that they call bills?
keep checking, bet it will be sooner or later..
this is just a step to getting to the point where we are all gov't employees....companies hire from gov't, gov't hires you, and well....you get paid what the gov't deems fit to pay you?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Shock horror you mean our government does not love us. This implies they would lie to us and treat us like slaves.
Actually you are right we do tend to just accept things but what the government does not realise is that we have a long fuse but once ignited their house of cards will be reduced to ashes and the pheonix of a true new world order will emerge. Based upon Love respect liberty tollerance and the common good.

edit on 20-9-2010 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The proposal for this change was published back in July and people have until 23rd September to forward their comments on it to HMRC. I say people have until then, but according to the proposal published, quote;

Who should read this:
Those running PAYE schemes, providers of payroll software, providers of payroll services, employers and pension schemes.

They don't yet require the thoughts of those whose earnings they will be controlling.

Is anybody aware of any plans that were changed purely because the logistics / computers / data collection wasn't up to it. They simply develope systems to fit the task.

Developing and operating the system HMRC see as stage 1, stage 2 adds in the collection of the gross salary.

So it may not happen this week, month or year. But HMRC say that this will remove the problems from the tax system like have been witnessed here in the UK this last few weeks.

I wonder which story is supporting which story ?

For copy of HMRC white paper proposal

customs.hmrc.gov.uk... document&columns=1&id=HMCE_PROD1_030623

edit on 20-9-2010 by ukWolf because: to add HMRC Link

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The point out that they only want to collect Tax due, National Insurance payments and Student Loan Repayments. Can any UK students tell us the names of the institutions that are owed the loan repaymets please.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My student loan, which I am still paying back years after I left university goes to the Student Loans company

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by DaMod

The initials are IRS, have you ever heard of them?

Yes, I have, and here in my home country Australia, the initials are ATO.
Australian Taxation Office

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

I would not trust them as far as I could fling them.. They already screwed up the PAYE system. So why should we trust them with this new proposal if it goes through. I would rather my employers pay my income tax and national insurance, than some idiot who cannot do thier jobs correctly at the Her Majestys Customs.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

As soon as I figure it out, I will spread it.

As of now, I am using the peaceful non compliance Ghandi and others have used.

I am basing my beliefs and actions on the Constitution. Anything not specifically written out in it, I do not comply.

I will use the protection afforded me by the Bill of Rights

specifically these -

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

No person shall be held to answer for any capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district where in the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

Since I was NOT afforded a trial of my peers, the IRS has acted as a quasi legal entity to find my guilt.
Since I was NOT afforded compensation for the theft of my property (labor) for public use, they can KMA.
Since I was NOT afforded to be secure in my person I will not submit to their machinations.

I will force them to abrogate my rights. I will hope my fellow citizens will do what is right when they attempt to incarcerate me or take my property (labor) by force.

One can only do what they can.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Doesn't affect the self employed
So really doesn't bother me one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I gave you a star because you managed to throw a rant that is totally about your issues with the American Government into a thread about the UK - and two thumbs up for quoting the US Constitution in the process!!!!
Mad props for that!

Slow day in the "I hate the American government" threads???

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Stop talking bollocks. The plans to implement a more rigid approach by the H.M.R.C are merely reactionary measures against the debacle caused by the flawes in the I.T. systems the (then) Inland Revenue had in place.

If our government were so draconian, I don't think my collegue would have recieved a rebate in the order of £2500 would he? That's $3816 to you.

H.M.R.C themselves have admitted that they were aware of the flawes in the I.T. system [in light of the recent issues] yet they failed to address the shortcomings.

All this talk of 'centralising power', 'big brother' and 'robbing us blindly' and 'loss of freedom' is nothing more than complete and utter bollocks.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Come on people. You are being snowed with a headline. This article explains why the headline is worded this way

Headline writer sensationalism

While headline writers in search of page views want this to mean that employers will send checks to the government, which will presumably make up some amount to deduct in taxes and then send the checks to the employees, the reality is far more mundane. The centralized deductions process would simply transmit the information about income and deductions to HMRC which would then use it to work out the correct deductions of tax, NIC and student loan repayments.

It is shocking how many people fall for this stuff day after day on ATS and elsewhere. If you believed the headline than you are the PROBLEM!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Come on people. You are being snowed with a headline. This article explains why the headline is worded this way

Headline writer sensationalism

While headline writers in search of page views want this to mean that employers will send checks to the government, which will presumably make up some amount to deduct in taxes and then send the checks to the employees, the reality is far more mundane. The centralized deductions process would simply transmit the information about income and deductions to HMRC which would then use it to work out the correct deductions of tax, NIC and student loan repayments.

It is shocking how many people fall for this stuff day after day on ATS and elsewhere. If you believed the headline than you are the PROBLEM!

But you believed this web site with a similar blind faith, so I guess you are the problem too.

The process isn't at all about just collecting information

The make-up to gross would still be the employer’s responsibility but the gross-to-net calculations would be carried out by HMRC. The resulting net pay figures would then be sent into the banking system for employees’ accounts to be credited and the total deductions figures debited from the employers’ accounts.

The HMRC has direct access to the bank accounts of both the employer and the employee, and moves the money around as they see fit, this is exactly the same as the employer sending a government a check but it's done electronically

source

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

No, I always have to rant.

That is just me.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This will also be their opportunity for them to check all your affairs, and if you owe something, especially to the government, taxes, child support, etc., they will withold your money.

Total control on your life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join