It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Has Happened to Society...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
i didn't do it to make me feel better about myself neither.

I see nothing wrong with feeling good about making others feel good even if it's just for a moment.

Originally posted by Thibotham

Never give them actual money though, it goes straight to heroin/crack (Not a joke, I am serious.) The burgers are a good idea, because the chances they will spend on the money on food is next to none.

I give them money when I could and I've given them food as well as beers out of my cooler. In fact the other day I clicked on the McDonalds add on ATS and printed some free french fry coupons for myself and as I was leaving Mcdonalds I gave an extra one to a homeless guy. If I was homeless I would certainly appreciate somebody to give me beer out of his cooler to make my evening go by a bit better and if somebody chooses another form of comfort that's their own choice and I don't have a problem with it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

I agree with you and not saying i dont respect your opinion but i dont think religion has much of an impact. I dislike most reigions, infact the only religion I see that i would come close to being a part of is buddhism for the simple fact of their beliefs and the way they respect things aswell as other religions. But I myself take no part in religion as it(in my mind and as I see it) is a form of control. Anyways yes that is part of the problem.

Reply to verylowfrequency.

I disagree with you about the use of drugs such as heroin, coc aine, meth, etc.. the only drug i have no problems with would be marijuana as I myself do have the occasional indulgence of marijuana. And the only other drug i can think of that i dont have much of a problem with but dont use anymore would be mushrooms. I havent used a mushroom since my school days and dont plan on anymore. But aside from those 2 drugs i have a problem with all of the rest because ive seen what they do to people. They affect not only the mind but the body the organs and all of those. The reason I am so against drugs like that is because I personally watched my best friend die after taking a hit of ecstacy, it raised his core body temperature to such an extreme level that it literally melted his brain as stated in the autopsy.

Anyways lets continue with the views on what is wrong why its wrong and how we can try to change it folks.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hi Sumdumguy and everyone on ATS. I've been a long time browser of these forums, but this post today made me get off my a$$ and sign up, just to say thanks.
Its acts on kindness like this that make the world a better place. This story really hit a spot in my heart. If everyone took the time to do help someone out, we'd slowly move towards a better world.
So thank you Sumdumguy. You truly are an inspiration to us all.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Society is slowly declining into an Idiocracy stage. Where people pay more attention to the Hollywood glamor, instead of reading books and staying educated. If you haven't seen Idiocracy I suggest watching it.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The problem with humanity is an increasing lack of empathy. More and more, we are being engineered to live in our own little bubbles, seperated from the rest of the world. "It's not my problem" is the cry of our times, and as long as it doesn't affect me, I don't care about it. It's mind boggling how, in the era of satillite TV and the Internet, humanity has become more disconnected than ever. We need to realize that we are all connected to everybody else on this planet. Sure, that kid is riding high right now, but if he keeps throwing his money down the drain (litterally), then before he knows it he's the begger on the street, wondering why nobody will give him a leg-up. And, because ignorance is spreading across the globle like a plague on steoirds, he won't even realize the irony of the situation. He will just be bitter at life because it didn't give him everything that he wanted.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sumdumguy
The other day I was walking down the street and saw some kids in a nice car pull up to a homeless man who was asking for some change or what not. So i thought it was nice that the kids were going to give him some change but just as the driver reached hs hand out to hand it to him he tossed the money down a drain on the side of the road on purpose and they all just laughed and sped off... WTF is wrong with kids these days? Me i gave the man a smile made some small talk with him for a while and I gave him a bit of money but it just makes me sad to see how people treat those who are down on their luck or w/e this guy was a vietnam vet from what i learned talking to him and i imagine hes mentally unstable from the # hes seen in his life time and the unrecognized until recently PTSD. But anyways the man now has a place to stay i gave him one of my unrented houses to stay at so hes not on the street and am helping him get treatment and w/e he needs to try to help him get back on his feet if its possible if not oh well atleast he has a place to live. So lets here some views on the horrid state of our society these days.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Sumdumguy because: (no reason given)

People have no respect these days.

Sometimes when I am riding my bike through the city I see people shouting at me from their cars. For what reason? I don't know any reason other than the fact that I am human. Just being human seems like enough to get attacked and ridiculed these days.

A few days ago I was in the park and saw a bench with graffiti written on it. The bench was filled with violent, racist and bigoted garbage. I wanted to scrub off every word right then and there.

I don't know whats wrong with people but it seems like they just get joy out of hurting each other for no reason. I think we are the only species on this planet who hurt and kill each other for sport.

Look at this video below. Its another example of people victimizing each other for no reason. When I see things like this I wonder what is really going on. What is causing people to do this?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sumdumguy

Homeless? There but for the Grace of God go we all. As we near the end of the world as we know it, there will be an increase in extremes. Polarization and the divergence between the two paths will be greatly dilineated. It will be hard for us who are upon the peaceful path of service to others to observe. As it has always been, but more so due to the increase in negative emotionality. As you no doubt intuite dear reader the point of separation will soon be upon us. To me it seems an eternity. I am so tired, as if the life has been sucked from every fiber of my being. But still I am here. I must confess, self doubt. Is this truely about to happen? Is my imagination leading me toward massive disappointment? No! It must be so. I beleive in the greatness of the human condition, which for so long has be subjugated by the few egocentric oligarchs, who have turned us subservient to their will by a conspiracy of deceit. We must push on. We will talk and think only of victory and we shall soon be free. Love, light, truth and beauty be our champions.

Namaste

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sumdumguy

Ok here's my chance to rant, cause I need to.
I recently moved in with some friends of mine, who were clients first, after taking care of my dying mother, who recently died. (another story) Anyway, after moving in with these people who so graciously opened their house to me in time of need. I got to see a different story as to why things were the way they were.

Here we have a man and a wife, together ten years, he, the only one working for the past ten years and footing the bill for her and her two kids, which are 24 and 17, by the way, and very capable of making their own way...just so you know, and both these kids are so filled with a sense of entitlement that John, the step father takes casre of them both.

Now mind you if they did anything around the house to tidy up after themselves, or god forbid pay for anything they ate or used in the house, I wouldn't be complaining, however they take such bad advantage of John, it's ridiculous.

the oldest is now playing with a band that is touring the west coast and i get how hard that is but as soon as he comes home from tour. he feels like things should be as they were.....everything is free, and I shouldn't have to do anything.

So here's the question .
Do I have it wrong? And if I do, please enlighten me

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join