It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top general calls Christian soldiers 'bigots'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wow, so this guy wants to eliminate all who oppose homosexuality in the military and comp0ares those with religious convictions against it to bigots and racists.....interesting and very telling. And this is the deputy chief of staff, hmmmm wonder how the troops feel about this.

Lt. Gen. Bostick said. "But these people opposing this new policy will need to get with the program, and if they can't, they need to get out. No matter how much training and education of those in opposition, you're always going to have those that oppose this on moral and religious grounds just like you still have racists today."

"Lt. Gen. Bostick suggested he would employ the same strict disciplinary standards to provide "education and training" that would ensure soldiers, sailors and airmen embrace the new LGBT agenda."

New lgbt agenda......what does he mean by that? I thought they didn't have an agenda, you mean they've been lying to us all this time? This is truely despicable.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 20-9-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Wow, I thought those with the pro homosexual agenda would be here nominating him for an award and those against Christianity would have proof since someone "important" said so.........funny, I guess even illigoical people recognize this lunacy for what it is........

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
LINK PLEASE

The military is not a democracy, never has been,
Barry Goldwater said the exact same thing about allowing gays. The President gives the order, the military obeys, all the way down the line. If they don't, they are gone. Simple.
As for fundie Christians, some officers seem to think their first duty is to spread the Gospel. If they feel that way they need to quit or be thrown out. Their job is only one thing, to defend this country. Not evangilize.
Without a source it's hard to comment.

edit on 20-9-2010 by OldDragger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Explanation: :shk:
If the OP'er had read some of the comments then maybe they would have included this...

Statement of Army Lt. Gen. Thomas Bostick (No. 844-10 September 17, 2010) [defense.gov]

The Department of the Army released today a response by Lt. Gen. Thomas Bostick concerning an editorial entitled, “New Gay Army,” that appeared in the Sept. 16 edition of the Washington Times:

“The statements attributed to me are inaccurate. I simply did not make those statements. Moreover, as a member of the Department of Defense Comprehensive Review Working Group, I have been extremely careful not to express any views that might influence the integrity of the comprehensive review. I therefore have not expressed any opinions that might suppress the opinions of anyone participating in our discussions. I find the statements falsely attributed to me to be personally reprehensible.”

Personal Disclosure: Uhm???

I thought they didn't have an agenda, you mean they've been lying to us all this time? This is truely despicable.

Welcome to the MSM (MainStreamMedia) and YES THEY HAVE AN AGENDA TO SWAY YOUR MIND!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, thanks to OmegaLogos, this thread has been moved to the HOAX forum. But let's look at the opinion and position of the Original Poster and author of this thread. Yes, Fundamentalist Christians, by their very nature are bigoted, and in the same fashion, very 'unChristlike'. Jesus would not have condoned the hateful behavior of the Fundies in any way. In fact, it goes directly against his platform of 'love thy neighbor'... Bigotry has clasped a Bible in one hand and a burning torch in the other for centuries! I'll give you a prime example: The Ku Klux Klan! They use the Bible to justify their actions, and it ain't no Star of David that they are famous for setting fire to on the lawns of those they find 'unclean'!

If you want to know what the LBGT Agenda is, it is simple. The right to live our lives with the same freedoms as the rest of the citizens of the United States of America. But apparently that is too much to ask... Maybe you should ask yourself, WWJD???

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Looks like another hoax from the Christian Right! Not surprising the least.
lol smiley face

top topics

join