It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran MP raps US for rights violation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Iran MP raps US for rights violation

www.presstv.ir

A top Iranian lawmaker lashes out at the US over the death sentence of an American woman with borderline mental retardation, saying the US is the symbol of human rights violation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Finally Iran has learned how to play the game against Bullies... When they spread BS, you do the same, until they realize their BS have been exposed.

That being said, the only wrong in this right is, that Iran will be pulled down the same level as US..

Great try though, what do you guys think.

I know this is tit for tat, Iran is sick of the BS spread around the world about the stoning case, now Iran can turn around and do the same.

Good job, finally you caught up Iran, I bet China is helping them, hence China criticized the US over its human rights issues, that is when the US shut its mouth.. Haven't heard much about China for a while now

The Iranian lawmaker added that lack of the US government's commitment to international laws has led to the issuance of the death sentence for a woman who suffers from mental retardation.

Boroujerdi said all countries make a distinction between people in good health conditions and those diagnosed with mental disorders, adding it is regretful that the US does not act this way.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Not that I agree with the US executing retarded people-but Iran cannot really go telling the US how to treat its prisoners when they themselves hang,torture,stone to death or give lashes to their women prisoners.

Pot kettle I would say.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Not that I agree with Iran executing retarded people-but the US cannot really go telling Iran how to treat its prisoners when they themselves hang,torture to death or give lashes to their Iraqi prisoners.

Pot kettle I would say.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Do you have two Handles on this board?

Or do you just agree with the other guy and decide that everything he said word for word was what you were thinking, word for word?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The Death Penalty is wrong regardless of who is doing the killing.

Good for Iran to call out the United States but is Iran really the symbol for humane Human Rights? Most definitely not.

America should be the symbol to the world of a society of humanity and human/civil rights. Putting to death an American who has a mental retardation problem is completely inhumane and shows the mental retardation put out by the Americans whom handed down this sentencing.

Also, where the hell is the media on this? Not even Liberal MSNBC has said anything about this. So now in order to know what happens in our own country we have to go to foreign sources who are against our nation?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Not that I agree with the US executing retarded people-but Iran cannot really go telling the US how to treat its prisoners when they themselves hang,torture,stone to death or give lashes to their women prisoners.

Pot kettle I would say.

That is exactly the point here:

Now switch the tables, replace US with Iran see how it sounds, let me do it for your comfort:

US cannot really go telling Iran how to treat its prisoners when they themselves hang,torture,kill their retarded prisoners.

Do you understand now, the importance of this step taken by Iran?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Or do you just agree with the other guy and decide that everything he said word for word was what you were thinking, word for word?

Did you read his comment? He swapped US with Iran.. He is saying US can't go around telling Iran how to treat its prisoners, when it, itself is executing retards.

Propaganda works in both ways, when one side is silenced, that is when the truth slowly evaporates.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It has made it to mainstream, but obviously the usual propaganda is spread out first at the beginning, and the more important details are left at the end:

Members of the Iranian parliament’s human rights committee have condemned the planned execution this week in Virginia of a woman convicted of plotting to kill her husband, The Guardian reports.

It starts off with the refusal to admit her mental retardation, and the fact that she didn't pull the trigger.

The parliamentary human rights committee said her case reflected “the double standards” of the American government, comparing her case to that of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, a 43-year-old Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning for adultery.

Then the propaganda against Iran straight away, claiming that she was sentenced to stoning for adultery, when the fact is, that she was sentenced in the same manner as the Virginia women (and stoning is not in Iranian law anymore), who helped with her husband's murder, but didn't pull the trigger.

Then the propaganda against Iran continues:

News that Ms. Ashtiani had been sentenced to die for adultery set off an international campaign to save her......

Once they had enough, knowing Iran had been demeaned enough, they filled us in with the details:

Ms. Lewis admitted that she had conspired with the two accomplices who shot and killed her husband and stepson in 2002. One of them was her lover at the time.

Sounds very much like the Iranian women.

As The Washington Post reported, Ms. Lewis’s supporters, “have argued that she does not deserve to die because she is borderline mentally retarded and was manipulated by a much smarter conspirator. They say it is unfair that Lewis was sentenced to death while the two men who fired the shots received life sentences.

Women's right anyone.. So America is sentencing adultery to death
no, no, don't fall for that, it is propaganda, the same propaganda they have been spreading against Iran, now comes to haunt America..

In a recent interview with Maria Glod of The Washington Post, Ms. Lewis, who has two children, said: “I didn’t pull the trigger, but I did do wrong, and I let two people that I love be taken away, and I hurt other people I love very much. I really know that now.” She added: “I’m scared to death…. I want to keep living. I don’t want to die.”

Sounds very much like the Iranian women

Iran has caught up with the US, this is why the US fears Iran, since the removal of Shah, because they are the only ones not allowing US bullyism tactics to go unanswered

According to Mr. Dehghan, Iran’s Fars News Agency, which is close to the country’s powerful Revolutionary Guard Corps, criticized American news organizations for “being silent in the past seven years Lewis has been kept in jail…. On her execution day she’ll wish for a better country whose judiciary would listen to its people rather than intervening in the internal affairs of other countries.

After 7 years, the news picks it up now, nice one NYtimes, that is a bit late, but hey, it is OK, we know you are a tool lol..

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

I just realized this is just the blog, does that mean it will stay in the blog, hidden away? I don't get it, is it gonna be in news papers and TV?

edit on 20-9-2010 by oozyism because: added link

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
See this is what I say, all countries have human rights violations.
But the developed countries can hide theirs better.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Or do you just make one look like an idiot by thinking someone agrees with the other guy and decide that everything he said word for word was what they were thinking, word for word? Without even reading it .

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
And he gets stars for exhibiting such a display of post first without any apparant brain or reading activity going on . Makes you wonder , of the benefits of these starring methods as an indicator of any kind of sense at all.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Funny how they avoid this thread, and wanting it to die, this is an important issue, yet you see no interest, or intentional deflection of this thread, to not give it any attention.

The US Supreme Court has refused to grant a last-minute reprieve to a grandmother on death row, now likely to become the first woman to be executed in Virginia state in almost 100 years.

www.turkishpress.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
That is because , due to American execptionalism, such apprant hypocrisy is to be refuted, disregarded , ignored and forgotten about . It does not mesh with their world views at all, it does not strike any kind of cord of embarrassment that they may be perpetrating the same crimes they accuse others of . Because , by simple reason of them being American , it excuses them from the very start . And so all posts like yours are superfluous and irrelevant .

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
delete

edit on 23-9-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Maybe people avoid this thread because they consider you as an extension of the Iranian propaganda machine. You are a hardcore biased fanatic. If the Iranian regime tortures a young girl for the most ludicrous reason, you dismiss it as 'Western propaganda', and when someone in the US will get executed, you want attention.

I still wonder why you have moved from the Middle East to New Zealand. If you adore Iran so much, perhaps you should move there, I'm sure you'd be offered a job at the ministry of propaganda right away.

Oh no, the West isn't such a bad place to live after all.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Embarrassing how you didn't take the news in to consideration at all

Do you agree with this human rights violation or not?

It is not like the US hasn't tortured American citizens for no reason, here is one you will enjoy watching:

Just another troll then

new topics

top topics

join