It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is he running for 2012?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
" I did not have sex with that woman." - Slick Willie

Watch taking a cigar from that guy...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I watched the whole video, he does make sense, I think he is very intelligent.

Most people are not smart enough to look past the Monica Lewinsky thing and
see him for his sharp mind, I think it's really sad.

All we seem to have running things lately are the STUPID and INEPT.

If he could run again, I would vote for him.

We Need Help!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Can he legally run having been impeached??

Would make a mockery of the law I think....

He was impeached but never convicted. The impeachment trial ended in a not guilty verdicts on both charges: 55-45 on perjury, 50-50 on obstruction of justice (it takes a 2/3 majority of the Senate to convict and remove an President from office in an impeachment trial).

However, he can't run for President nor Vice-President again because he already served two terms as President. (You can only serve as VP if you are eligible to be President, and since he already served two terms as President, he's no longer eligible.)

That doesn't preclude him from running for another office, either in the federal or in a state government. There were people who wanted him to run for Governor of New York for a while, and I bet he'd win if he ran (I'm from New York, I know the mood of people here and they love the Clintons).

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker
Most people are not smart enough to look past the Monica Lewinsky thing and
see him for his sharp mind, I think it's really sad.

All we seem to have running things lately are the STUPID and INEPT.

If he could run again, I would vote for him.

Sharp mind??? He got a blow job in the Oval Office. Is that how depraved we are today that you would accept a man or woman who would take the nation to a new low in morallity??? Do we not deserve better than that? I certainly think we do.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Who would you vote for ?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I think the new low cam when George Bush was elected President. But why should I do the talking?
I would like to let President Bush have a say to defend himself.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." ~ George W. Bush

Thank you Mr. Thank God you're out of office Former President Bush.
thestir.cafemom.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker

Who would you vote for ?

That my friend is the million dollar question. I personally think it is time to look outside of politicians. We need a normal citizen like you or I. Who knows more about daily struggles than the everyday working man or woman?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

I think the new low cam when George Bush was elected President. But why should I do the talking?
I would like to let President Bush have a say to defend himself.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." ~ George W. Bush

He was right. When was the last time you had an argument with a fish? Well...?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

When it didn't agree with my stomach. lol.
Now is that some food for thought?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
but he could be hillarys vp.........and then get rid of her or hell he could be the vp i dont know if thats happend some one going from president to vice president b4 would be kinda funny though i wonder if hed try getting into shenanigans again

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

President Clinton, along with Andrew Johnson have been the only two Presidents to have been impeached. President Nixon would have been the 2nd, after Andrew Johnson but stood down from the presidency before the disgraceful proceedings occurred.

Impeachment does not automatically remove one from office. There is still a 'trial and conviction' by the Senate (Impeachment proceedings begin in the House of Representatives). Former president Bill Clinton was found not guilty by the Senate, thus remained in office, but still was impeached.

Also to note that impeachment is not exclusive to the Presidency, but to all Federal officials. Cabinet members, Justices, members of Congress can all be impeached.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Can he legally run having been impeached??

Would make a mockery of the law I think....

Impeached or not he could not run anyway since he served two terms... Which is the maximum.

That said, if he could run, I would vote for him. His economics were great for our country and quite frankly he did a better job than either Bush or Obama and quite frankly a lot of other presidents ever did/could.

I miss Clinton economics!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Clinton was impeached however he was not removed from office. (There is a difference)

Clinton cannot run for POTUS again, unfortunately. In my opinion he was one of the best presidents in my lifetime.

Extraordinary man...absolutely brilliant..and he couldn't keep it in his pants and lied about it.

IMO Great President, the sex stuff had no political relevance, but everytime I think about it I want to kick him in the ass. Very smart people do very dumb things I guess. For me a big political thumbs up, but a personal thumbs down.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Given the choice of Newt, Obama, Palin, McCain, Huckabee, Biden, etc etc ... I'd take Hillary.
It all comes down to who is in the office when the balloon goes up.
Of the big names on both sides, I think she's the only one that could handle it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
reply to post by Janky Red

It's not. He was impeached for perjury.

Why ask a man whether he'd had a blow job off someone other than his wife seems a wee bit intrusive to me, any attempt to claim Clinton had acted unusually in having affairs flies in the face of history and human sexuality.But let's not go back to this old argument eh?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

She was a 20 year old intern and it happened in the oval office. People were concerned he was using his power to take advantage of her. That's why he was brought before a grand jury. If he told the truth, he wouldn't have been impeached. End of story. Good job totally simplifying it and leaving out the facts to stroke your world view.

Answer me this. If George Bush was hiring 20 year old girls to work in the office so he could get blowjobs from them in between meetings, would you have a problem with that? Would you want to know about it? Would you want it to stop? Would you want to ask him, under oath, if it were true? If he lied about it, and then later admitted that he was lying, would you waqnt him to be brought up on perjury charges?

edit on 21-9-2010 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join