It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hizballah mobilizies for a coup in Beirut, backed by Iran and Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Hizballah mobilizies for a coup in Beirut, backed by Iran and Syria

www.debka.com

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's brief stopover in Damascus Saturday, Sept. 18, on his way to New York, was long enough for him and Syrian President Bashar Assad to finalize their plans to back Hizballah's threatened coup against the Hariri government in Beirut, debkafile's military and Mid East sources report. Hizballah called a general mobilization that same day and by Sunday had 5,000 armed men deployed in Beirut, ready to make good on its threat to seize power rather than let its leaders be indicted by the Special Tribunal for Lebanon (STL) for the Hariri murder.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Rumours of Hezbollah takeover of Lebanon has been rife in Israeli media recently. If true, that would increase the chances of another Lebanon war drastically.

Also this on the scroller:

Netanyahu: Sale of Russian P-800 shore-ship cruise missiles to Syria is extremely problematic, necessitates a military response. With a range of 300 km, the missile in Syrian hands places Israeli and US Mediterranean fleets at risk.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-9-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Debka is a lousy source, completely biased. One of the worst I have ever seen.

Would be kind of stupid for Hezbollah to announce it's preparing for a coup, no?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Lebanon on verge of 'new wave of insanity'
www.dailystar.com.lb...

Lebanon teetered on the edge of a “new wave of insanity” Sunday as Hizbullah and the Future Movement traded angry accusations of undermining the state.

The mudslinging came after Jamil al-Sayyed, a former chief of General Security, returned to Beirut and announced he was commencing legal action against State Prosecutor Saeed Mirza’s request for interrogation.

Sayyed, who came back to Lebanon on Saturday under heavy Hizbullah and Lebanese Army security, called Mirza’s actions “illegal” and based upon “false evidence.”

Something is definitely brewing there.

edit on 19-9-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

why shouldnt Syria have the right to defend itself the same every other country has?

Its not illegal to buy weaponary is it?

Are you worried that Israel might end up fighting a stronger opponent?

Who wants to see a boxing match between between a hevay weight and a light weight? not me...boring!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Thanks for the real source. I could be wrong, but I don't see this leading to a coup. Stranger things have happened though.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I wonder how many different ways your sources can spell Hezbollah...

If they cant even get the name right then what else have they missed??

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I find it amusing that Israel (and some ATS members) keep whining that other countries should keep their noses out of Israel's business, yet Israel is forever commenting on others..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I hate when a reason for military action is your neighbor having weapons that can reach you...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

The united they are, the harder to fall.

They want Lebanon divided, that has been the tactic of Israel for a long time..

Now that Iran has given a thumbs up to boosting military aid to the Lebanese army, Israel fears unity amongst Lebanese factions therefore has used its propaganda wing to try to cause a stirr and divide the country again.

Good luck

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Lebanon has always been divided. It doesn't need Israel for that.

If you look at its demographics, Lebanon is the most diverse religious society in the middle east.
The frequent fighting between the different groups and the civil wars, has weaken Lebanon's structure and stability, and created a void in which foreign groups gladly entered. PLO, Syria and Hizballa as a proxy of Iran.

Remove Hizballa, and I can assure you there will be a long lasting peace between Israel and Lebanon.
I'm not so sure that's what you want though. It will mean one less angle for you to attack Israel.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Remove Hizballa, and I can assure you there will be a long lasting peace between Israel and Lebanon.

Yeah yeah, and Hamas from Palistine right??

Israel will just find alternate excuses to interfere and attack..

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Those sentiments remind me of 1982, when Israel's invasion of Lebanon gave birth to Hezbollah

www.washingtonpost.com...

Israel has been around for a while now. Hezbollah didn't exist prior to 1982.
Hezbollah was formed as a defensive force against Israel, it is called the resistance force, just like Hamas..

Hezbollah first emerged in 1982 as a militia in response to the Israeli invasion of Lebanon, also known as Operation Peace for Galilee, set on resisting the Israeli occupation of Lebanon during the Lebanese civil war.

en.wikipedia.org...

The point is, the Lebanese government and military is uniting with Hezbollah, with the help of Iran, to resist any Israeli aggression. Then again that can't be good for the American empire's expansionist/global domination agenda. Free independent states are a no, no

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by john124

I wonder how many different ways your sources can spell Hezbollah...

If they cant even get the name right then what else have they missed??

There are several spellings of the word. It all depends on which area that the group is located and slight changes in the meanig. "Party of god" or "Faction of allah" ,seems to be a blanket term for those that directly attack isreal. They are in the Lebanon, palistine, and syrian area. If you look through there history they started in a town called "batman".

Thought that was funny didn't know they had comic books in the middle east and that they loved them so much that they named a town after one. When I saw that I had a visual in my head of a bunch of grown men with guns and bombs standing in a circle reading a batman comic and getting very upset that the jokers plot was foiled again.

new topics

top topics

join