It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: Love it or (if you're rich enough) leave it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KerbDune

so what if i am.

i am sick and tired of the right being vilfied when the democrats have done worse and continue to do the same damn things and yet a democrat progressive or liberal does no wrong.

and taking away from people because they have to much IS WRONG and it turns out i do talk about the left for the simple FACT they have done more harm to the american public than the right ever has.

i just want people to see and recognize and admit it for once.

the leftists liberals are not the "saviors of the republic" that you sheep think they are.

they are YOUR SLAVE MASTERS they have killed the faith in god so they can all be your god.

lord obama and the apostles the congressmen.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
so what if i am.

You're being an hypocrite.

But it's obvious you have no problem with that. It's painfully clear -- if one takes a look through your list of posts -- that you are not here on ATS to participate in the debate, you just want to spew your demagoguery and paranoia.

This isn't Fox News, so when you distort the facts, spread your partisan nonsense or outright lie, there will always be some member there to point that out.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KerbDune

i can say the same for you .

debate? wow its clear you arent here for that either.

edit on 20-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
People too often forget that taxes dont stop with your 1040 - how about your cellphone bill - loaded with taxes - internet - cable - gas- travel - mela roos - bonds - sales tax - snack tax - cigarette and alcohol tax - toll lanes - gun and vehicle registration - traffic citations - adventure passes

Then theirs the other costs - unions which drives up the cost of everything relentlessly - oh so you can afford 20K a year for devry thats ok the US gave out some more visas to Saudi Princes who can and some tax credits to Microsoft to take your job to india if you can even get one.

edit on 20-9-2010 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
No one seems to notice that these Bush tax cuts have been in place the whole time during this depression but have done nothing to help the economy. I don't see that tax policy is going to have any real effect on this depression, no more than it did in the 1930s. Unless there is a revival of consumption and public investment, it is going to stay this way for many years. Given more money to the rich is meaningless when the rest of the economy is stagnant, but no one talks about that unpleasant fact.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
well, im kinda torn on the issue. while 250k is a bit of money, its not trully rich. i only consider those that make millions a year trully rich. so, at the risk of sounding even more classist, i would institute a "millionairs" tax. since im not an economist, i dont know how much the percentage would be, but i wouldnt do more than 45%.

now, someone earlier said the gov had no right to take "your" money. this is not true, as taxes are part of the "social contract" you agree to by living in, and taking part in, a particular society. the only way to nullify this "contract" is to leave sociaty and not take part in it. build a cabin in the woods using your own sweat and labor. go back to subsistance farming/ herding. however, be aware that as soon as you take anything from a society, you just signed the contract, and are now subject to taxes and government.

taxes are a necessary evil. an example, with the majority of our roads and bridges falling apart, having lived far past their expected life span, how do you propose we fix them without taxes? taxes are to be used for the public good, and since everybody in the public doesnt make the same, they cant give the same, so those that have more should give more. (aside- the best way to fix the infrastructure is to build to a higher standard than the current 5 year plan)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't agree with your first statement. My husbands grandmother is in her 60's and works midnights cleaning the university. My husband is a teacher by day and mows lawns by evening. I have a college degree and I am serving tables right now. Almost everyone I know works extremely hard just to get by. So don't tell me that most people sit on their butts and expect things to be given to them...maybe you do but everyone I know doesn't.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

maybe i do eh

i have worked since i was 16 14 hour sometimes 18 hours days for over 30 years i grew up in the country working on a farm

no matter how bad you think you have it there are always someone worse off.

but i dont cry about some dude having more than me but i know what the hell it takes to get to where he is.

hard worker- go look at the amish
hard worker go look at a worker in china.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Lets face it , in the US and the UK we are all paying tax to repay government debt , we dont owe the government this money they are just simply taking it from us because they have made it so that we believe we have to pay these taxes.

We shouldnt be paying tax from our incomes , as its not our debt . We havent been sent a bill for it , so by law we shouldnt pay it, yet we do.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Don't come back!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
you need less then 2000$ and a valid immigration/refugee form ,

i just dont see what the fuzz is about if you have a fellow making 250k a year and cant handle the money his been given,.

besides if your forced to live/stay where you are against your will then its most likely your living in a dictatorship/totaliterian goverment.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If I were fortunate enough to make 250k a year I would be more then happy to pay extra taxes, quit being so dang greedy, the tax "hike" is only gonna be what... 2%? Even if they took my 250k gross income down to 100k after taxes I would be so happy I'd be RUNNING IN THE STREETS! And then I would retire by the time im 40.

try making 25k gross, or better yet only 5k gross, even hard workers just fall into bad luck sometimes, there are no jobs out there right now so blood sweat and tears isnt necessarily enough these days.

and this dude probly owns a 10k sq. ft. home, a boat, a porsche, and is paying 3 college tuitions on cash (instead of making them take out their own 40k loans like I had to do)

and if you really hate paying the government so much there is always charities that are tax deductible....that are owned by most of the rich people that "donate" to them (back to themself) anyway. So many tax loopholes for their greed, why not just pay an amount that they could in reality wipe their butts with instead since odds are they drowned countless others to get to their positions in the first place.

edit on 21-9-2010 by A-Dub because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join