It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Pa. man listed dog as dependent in food scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
this is my first post to the new ATS 2010 and i'm having problems, so Mods, please bear with me..

PITTSBURGH – The former manager of a school district's cafeteria service listed his dog as a dependent so he could get discounted school lunches for his children, state police said. The state police Bureau of Criminal Investigation's organized crime division announced theft charges Thursday against Gabriel Paulick

source

You know..sometimes i don't wonder why our economy is so screwed up anymore..

Hamilton said Paulick, 36, no longer works for Nutrition Inc., of West Newton, where a company spokesman did not immediately return a call for comment.

it's people like this who are continuously causing more problems in today's society..

why claim your dog? you are already getting a discount on your kids lunches..sheesh..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is disgusting! I can't believe this person did this. People these days! Jeeze! Baby Jesus is weeping.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Mage

It's a conspiracy i tell ya...

world is going to hell lately and people are doing this..

I always wonder how MANY people get away with stuff like this everyday that we don't hear about..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Wow . I guess my first reaction to this is why? Why are you listing your dog as a dependent. Sure it becomes like one of the family but why? I mean there are jobs out there. Seriously. You can get a job and be able to afford 50 dollars worth of pet food and puppy pads.

I don't get it.
But I guess when times get tough...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

double post...sorry.

edit on 19-9-2010 by packinupngoin because: i clicked 2 many times...i guess.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

uh..did you read the source?

the guy had a job..in fact he was the head of the cafeteria..

he was a scammer..it is becoming a big problem these days..

people are looking for ways to get stuff for free, even at the expense of the rest of us..

this is just a small reason our economy is screwed up..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me in the least - there are probably people using their dog as a dependant on their taxes.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
people are looking for ways to get stuff for free, even at the expense of the rest of us..

No this goes on all the time.. I remember growing up and someone telling me this one person in NYC got busted for scamming the system a million bucks a yr.. this was 80s..

My kids mother claimed my kids F-d'ed up and now she collects 1500 a month + 350 in food stamps and free health care.. This equals out to roughly 32g a yr..

Originally posted by baddmove
this is just a small reason our economy is screwed up..

And no the reason this is the way it is is because people in washington are raping the economy really bad, giving bailouts and what not.. stim packages that do nothing and so on and so forth..

The economy is not bad because of a few idiots getting over on the system.. This all has to do with how we are spending the tax money we get.. wars bailouts and so on.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
If someone claims their dog so they can take care of their dog, I have no problem whatsoever with that. If they claim their dog so they can deprive their dog and benefit only themselves instead, then that's a another matter.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

So that's why Cruella DeVille was after those 101 dalmations......imagine the pay off on that one!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The guy was ripping the system off but...

A dog IS a dependent, surely?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Heh,

When I first filed taxes I didn't know I couldn't claim my dog as a dependent. I had to pay rent for him so it only made sense to me... But, I was soon corrected.

Seeing as how the rich in this country are always finding tax loop holes or just down right evading I don't think some guy claiming his dog is destroying the country, IMO.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

No.

From what I hear, you are not even allowed to buy dog food with your 'ebt' card.

Im sure the dog is dependant, but definately not on a person that cant afford to feed him.

If you cant feed your dog, then you have no buisness owning one.

(and yes I know this thread isnt about buying food for your dog with food stamps). I just had to get that out of the way because this thread seems to be going in this direction.

The man ripped off the system, using 'rover' as a dependant because he doesnt want to pay that extra 50 cents on his own kidslunch. *pretty much*.
edit-(50 cents of taxpayer money at that).

edit on 20-9-2010 by Common Good because: to add

new topics

top topics

join