It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original Research Regarding Gulf Stream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hello! So like most of you here, I have been wondering about what kind of affect the Deepwater oil spill has had on the natural ocean currents that bring warm weather to the north. In the worst case scenario, if the currents have stopped, that means that we could be facing another Ice Age.

However, I decided that I needed to do some original research in order to determine for myself what is going on. That meant tracking down satellite data, of which I was able to get both thermal and data on current movement for the past year. What you need to do is allow your browser to load all of the .gif images, and then it will repeat the cycle at a faster rate.

Here is the first success, it is a thermal map of activity in the Gulf of Mexico:
Thermal Gulf of Mexico, Past 12 Months

Here is a map of the thermal activity off of the east coast of North America:
Gulf Stream, Past Year

Here is a map of the gulf stream as it currently stands, with arrows:
Gulf Stream, Current

Here is a map of the gulf stream from exactly one year ago, September 19, 2009:
Gulf Stream, 2009

I have a comparison image, could someone help me figure out how to upload images to this site so I can link to them? Thanks. In all, I can spot little difference in the stream between a year ago and now according to the arrows.

Lastly, here is the animated map of the gulf stream over the past year:
Gulf Stream, Past 12 Months (Animated)

This is a little hard once the animation gets rolling. I admit that there definitely seems to be a stop in the gulf stream around and before early September... but there seems to be a sudden rush of water around mid-September. I believe with that last bit of data, I will have to wait about a month and post again.

More to look at on this:
September 1, 2009
September 1, 2010

Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter, or is possibly better at interpreting the data?

Source of Data:
Gulf Stream Data, Navy

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Kaynes song, Coldest Winter
Eminems song, Cold Wind Blows
both realesed in the past year.

remember the movie, the day after tomorrow?

They're saying the allignment in 2012 is going to cause severve weather with a very bad winter.

Who's watched tropical thunder?

at the very start they make a joke about 2012,

edit on 19-9-2010 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is an interesting subject, which I know many of us have been curious about. Wish I could advise you how to place them for comparison, but I can't.

Right now, I can't see much difference though?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Your winter this year in the northern part of the world will indicate change if any. As our climate in our part of the world this summer will indicate change if any... Make sure you all have a good supply of food and thermal gear in the northern hemiphere is all i can say... Insurance

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Here is the most important thing to watch:
Gulf Stream, Past 12 Months Animated

I'm no expert, so I'm not sure what to say... but I can't find anything completely out of the ordinary at the moment.

Contrary to what one would expect on a conspiracy website, I'm not posting this information with the agenda of proving that the gulf stream has stopped, instead I'm doing research in order to attempt to get to the bottom of this and see what the data say.

My first Google search came up with a bunch of people quoting each other without any actual data, so I thought research might be useful. Interpretations of the data are appreciated. I'll go scout for more maps of other locations that might be helpful.

edit on 19-9-2010 by darkbake because: Wrong Link

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The northern regions of the Gulf Stream, where it spreads out and slows down, are subject to a lot of variation. It's normal behavior.

The Florida Current is fast, deep, and narrow, but after passing Cape Hatteras the Gulf Stream becomes less effective at depth and develops a series of large meanders which form, detach, and re-form in a complicated manner. After passing the Grand Banks (off Newfoundland), the flow forms the diffuse, shallow, broad slow-moving North Atlantic Drift.

www.weatheronline.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks, that helps.

top topics

join