It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens after disclosure?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

We cheated.
We used tools and ate them. Well, Japan did-- does, for the most part.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
we are more or less desensitized to shock.

Hmm more or less... as you say...

Easy enough to say "Disclosure - bring it on!"
when you THINK you know the truth...

...unless the aliens are like these

I see so many people that automatically assume them aliens are nice sweet critters with only our best interest at 'heart'

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

Peace and safety for about three and a half years and then all hell will break loose.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker
Our Government will have to re-right the laws for ILLEGAL "ALIENS"

You mean THIS law?

The Extra-terrestrial Contact Law

1211.100 Title 14 - Aeronautics and Space

Part 1211 - Extra-terrestrial Exposure

1211.100 - Scope

This part establishes: (a) NASA policy, responsibility and authority to guard the Earth against any harmful contamination or adverse changes in its environment resulting from personnel, spacecraft and other property returning to the Earth after landing on or coming within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body; and (b) security requirements, restrictions and safeguards that are necessary in the interest of national security.

1211.101 - Applicability

The provisions of this part to all NASA manned and unmanned space missions which land or come within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body and return to the Earth.

1211.102 - Definitions

(a) "NASA" and the "Administrator" mean, respectively the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and the administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or his authorized representative.

(b) "Extra-terrestrially exposed" means the state of condition of any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever, who or which has:

(1) Touched directly or come within the atmospheric envelope or any other celestial body; or

(2) Touched directly or been in close proximity to (or been exposed indirectly to ) any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter who or which has been extra-terrestrially exposed by virtue of paragraph (b)(1) of this section. For example, if person or thing "A" touches the surface of the Moon, and on "A's" return to Earth, "B" touches "A" and, subsequently, "C" touches "B", all of these - "A" through "C" inclusive - would be extra-terrestrially exposed ("A" and "B" directly; "C" indirectly).

(c) "Quarantine" means the detention, examination and decontamination of any persons, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever that is extra-terrestrially exposed, and includes the apprehension or seizure of such person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever.

(d) "Quarantine period" means a period of consecutive calendar days as may be established in accordance with 1211.104 (a).

(a) Administrative actions. The Administrator or his designee..shall in his discretion:

(1) Determine the beginning and duration of a quarantine period with respect to any space mission; the quarantine period as it applies to various life forms will be announced.

(2) Designate in writing quarantine officers to exercise quarantine authority.

(3) Determine that a particular person, property, animal, or other form of life or matter whatever is extra- terrestrially exposed and quarantine such person, property, animal, or other form of life or matter whatever. The quarantine may be based only on a determination, with or without the benefit of a hearing, that there is probable cause to believe that such person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever is extra-terrestrially exposed.

(4) Determine within the United States or within vessels or vehicles of the United States the place, boundaries, and rules of operation of necessary quarantine stations.

(5) Provide for guard services by contract or otherwise, as many be necessary, to maintain security and inviolability of quarantine stations and quarantined persons, property, animals or other form of life or matter whatever.

(6) Provide for the subsistence, health and welfare of persons quarantined under the provisions of this part.

(7) Hold such hearings at such times, in such manner and for such purposes as may be desirable or necessary under this part, including hearings for the purpose of creating a record for use in making any determination under this part for the purpose of reviewing any such determination.

(b) (3) During any period of announced quarantine, no person shall enter or depart from the limits of the quarantine station without permission of the cognizant NASA officer. During such period, the posted perimeter of a quarantine station shall be secured by armed guard.

(b) (4) Any person who enters the limits of any quarantine station during the quarantine period shall be deemed to have consented to the quarantine of his person if it is determined that he is or has become extra-terrestrially exposed.

(b) (5) At the earliest practicable time, each person who is quarantined by NASA shall be given a reasonable opportunity to communicate by telephone with legal counsel or other persons of his choice.

1211.107 Court or other process

(a) NASA officers and employees are prohibited from discharging from the limits of a quarantine station any quarantined person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever during order or other request, order or demand an announced quarantine period in compliance with a subpoena, show cause or any court or other authority without the prior approval of the General Counsel and the Administrator.

(b) Where approval to discharge a quarantined person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever in compliance with such a request, order or demand of any court or other authority is not given, the person to whom it is directed shall, if possible, appear in court or before the other authority and respectfully state his inability to comply, relying for his action on this 1211.107.

1211.108 Violations

Whoever willfully violates, attempts to violate, or conspires to violate any provision of this part or any regulation or order issued under this part or who enters or departs from the limits of a quarantine station in disregard of the quarantine rules or regulations or without permission of the NASA quarantine officer shall be fined not more that $5,000 or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

www.rogernichols.com...

No wonder we have no disclosure... no one wants to pay the $5 G fine

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The day after disclosure is like the Texas Holdem Poker game.
When we think we have won and everything is allright, someone will flip the river card!

Still feel this is just the tip as there are too many scenarios playing out and we are distracted from the game .

____________________________________________________________________________________

The time frame does still show massive solar flares on the way .

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrath5639

I could not agree more. Those who will go into mass panic and cause mayhem are those that are the most insecure with who and where they are.

Seriously, so what if aliens exist? There has to be more then us out there...we are not all that special in my view.

**Unless they prove to be hostile...then we are screwed.

edit on 21-9-2010 by MarshMallow_Snake because: thought of something that I should have put in there.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Baby! You think Obama brought change, just wait....
Wha happens depends upon how the ETs interact with us, how our governments interact with the ETs and the situation we are in in our personal lives in our respective countries. Too rational and obscure of a view? Consider:

The is an old socialogical/phychological story about what is called a "cargo cult." Basically, during the, especially British, exploration of the world, their ships would land at some remote island that had never seen big ships and white men before. They would pass out goodies such as iron items, in exchange for simple things like water, and food. What a deal for the natives! They were always be over-joyed because from their view--which was not incorrect as far as it went--they got nice presents for virtually nothing. (We shall ignor Capt. Cook's fate.)

So, after awhile the ships stopped coming for one reason or another, or they didn't come often enough to sate the now demands of the natives. What could they do? They did what they could physically do which was to build big fires to attract ships and they emotionally worked themselves into fever pitches by praying and building monuments to the givers of good things. Some of those small cultures/societies destroyed themselves with this obsession because it interferred with the system they had used for a long time before. The carogo cult behavior process did not all happen at the edges of the seas, and the participants of either side were acting and reaction to the whims of human nature. That exact, very same effect is what destroyed the American Indian almost entirely in spirit if not body, and a whole bunch of other cultures and societies around our world. Watch out what you as for, you may just get it..

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
1. LOL nice job squeezing Obama in your post.
2. I dont see how the cargo cult effect could apply to this scenario in the OP?
3. I cant speak for other people but life would go on for me. Like someone already mentioned above, aliens are not going to pay your rent. You dont just stop trying to improve yourself because you find out about other lifeforms. If you do freak out then you are jsut weak and i feel sorry for the people around you.

Originally posted by Aliensun
Baby! You think Obama brought change, just wait....
Wha happens depends upon how the ETs interact with us, how our governments interact with the ETs and the situation we are in in our personal lives in our respective countries. Too rational and obscure of a view? Consider:

The is an old socialogical/phychological story about what is called a "cargo cult." Basically, during the, especially British, exploration of the world, their ships would land at some remote island that had never seen big ships and white men before. They would pass out goodies such as iron items, in exchange for simple things like water, and food. What a deal for the natives! They were always be over-joyed because from their view--which was not incorrect as far as it went--they got nice presents for virtually nothing. (We shall ignor Capt. Cook's fate.)

So, after awhile the ships stopped coming for one reason or another, or they didn't come often enough to sate the now demands of the natives. What could they do? They did what they could physically do which was to build big fires to attract ships and they emotionally worked themselves into fever pitches by praying and building monuments to the givers of good things. Some of those small cultures/societies destroyed themselves with this obsession because it interferred with the system they had used for a long time before. The carogo cult behavior process did not all happen at the edges of the seas, and the participants of either side were acting and reaction to the whims of human nature. That exact, very same effect is what destroyed the American Indian almost entirely in spirit if not body, and a whole bunch of other cultures and societies around our world. Watch out what you as for, you may just get it..

edit on 21-9-2010 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath5639
Well depending on the science of it, I'll try to pick me up an ET girlfriend. lol...j/k

But really, I would assume that unless the common folk have something to do w/ it. It'll be business as usual, just a little more air traffic.

dont be embarrased, we all have the desire to bang an extra-terrestrial, isnt this what man have dreamt about since he first gazed upon the stars?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vinunleaded

Wonderful how you can so easily dismiss historical human psychology. That is called denial if I disallow ignorance. If you really understood the situation, it would be called cognitive denial. But thanks for the quick reply, anyway, you are making my efforts worthwhile if even in vain in some quarters.

(PS "Change" was Obama's buzz word, remember? Isn't that what you wanted, change from the status quo when you voted for him?).

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Can you explain to me again what does the cargo cult have anything to do with ET disclosure.

While you are at it can you explain to me what does Obama and change have anything to do with ET disclosure.

While you are still at it, I think you should google 'Obsessive–compulsive disorder'.

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by vinunleaded

Wonderful how you can so easily dismiss historical human psychology. That is called denial if I disallow ignorance. If you really understood the situation, it would be called cognitive denial. But thanks for the quick reply, anyway, you are making my efforts worthwhile if even in vain in some quarters.

(PS "Change" was Obama's buzz word, remember? Isn't that what you wanted, change from the status quo when you voted for him?).

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

i like this post.

if full disclosure were to happen, assuming there are already ETs living among us, or that contact has been being made for a long time now, i think people would go insane. it would be a very scary thing for the higher-ups in the world to suddenly say, "we are not alone and we've been aware of this for a while". i think that if ETs were to be introduced into the population, or able to be spotted after disclosure, a situation very similar to the plot of "District 9" would take place.

masses of people do not know how to handle such life-changing news. it would be too much, and chaos would ensue. as much as i love the thought of aliens and UFOs and making contact, if i was a person of power, i would probably keep my mouth shut. although i personally would love to know everything there is to ETs, i don't think the general public is anywhere close to being able to handle such news.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
After disclosure .... I still keep doing what I have been doing for the past 25 years, other than that I would try to find a liason program to join (for better or worse) assuming this is "V" disclosure style.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
after disclosure new religions will be created...new ways to control the population.

Totally agree with you.I was thinking that there are gonna be humans that will take advantage of the whole situation.

The majority of the population will have to reconsider their beliefs and as for us propably will have a huge smile in our faces and tshirts with a huge red "I TOLD YOU SO..." sign.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The repercussions would be staggering, technologically and socially. It would help us on our way to a type 1 civilisation, thats for sure. # knows what the religious types would make of it

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I think, like some have said here, governments will not disclose any time soon.

The possibility of global panic would be high considering the following points:
- struggles and world conflicts for the advanced technology: it could have destructive consequences; our nations are still divided and in conflict with one another
- public is not prepared to fly in their own space ships and continue the pollution outside of Earth
- new religions and cults would be created, and aliens would probably not like that kind of craze in our species
- some people would panic with the possibility of bad aliens
- religions would lose their power (the "everything we knew was partially wrong" realization)
- the implications of alien knowledge (of demanding for that) would be crazy (maybe we can handle it but most people would freak out with that) even for me, after I saw my first UFO I was shocked for quite long time
(...)

so, think, people in power, actually know that no disclosure is actually the BEST thing to do.
until we are being prepared (being trained) on that gradually

However i can imagine an official and simple disclosure, with no further alien showing off themselves
But I think this is much more likely after something like a world war, or a global collapse

edit on 23-9-2010 by segurelha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
There's an old Buddhist saying, "What do you do before you are enlightened? Chop wood; carry water. What do you do after you are enlightened? Chop wood; carry water."

You will still have to eat and the aliens are not going to pay your rent. There will just be one more reason to seduce someone: "Baby, let's do it because the aliens are here so we better hurry."

Really. You'll still need to walk the dog and still need to wash the clothes. If you choose to be "depressed," that's a personal problem. I wouldn't worry about it.

Exactly. I will still be searching for truth.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
After disclosure;

I think many of us will be in a state of shock, even those who are normally pretty resilient to stressful situations will have a hard time working out 'Why' this has happened. I think this will be more of a 'coming to terms' with the facts than just being told or shown that they exist.

Anyone with children will be very concerned as we have been conditioned to fear the unknown. Aliens will be unknown to us personally, so will basally boil down to trust in this new species! (Would you trust an unknown species with your children? I personally think the answer will be no..! Just like you can;t trust a stranger!

The visitors intelligence may also play a part in the overall fear. i.e fear of what the visitors are here for or capable of doing to us. i.e I think we will feel vulnerable. I think these are the sorts of things that will worry people, alot. It's all about intention/motive.. We would not truly know their motive(s) for being here, so I believe we would not trust them, regardless of what the governments of the world have to say. Governments would be the last authority we would listen to for the truth.

(From a humans point of view this kind of says we will never get disclosure initiated by a government.)

A bit of a side track but....

I had a dream as a kid that I was awoken by the noise of large objects flying in the sky above the house, (within the dream) I found myself looking out of my bedroom window - it was the middle of the night, so the sky was dark, but was stained by a dark red glow. Everywhere I looked were large black silhouette of ships hurterling across the sky. It was like some kind of invasion! I remember feeling lost.. Like I didn't know what to do.

Since then I have always been interest in what else is out there!

If disclosure happens I think it will be initiated by the visitors.. Since I don't think humans are really the ones calling the shots...

edit on 23-9-2010 by -MLBG- because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Well this planet is fracking boring so lets go to war and conquer the universe.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join