It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma Scores Big Win: Medicinal Herbs Will Disappear in EU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is amazing, talk about taking away ppls rights to choose...This gets under my skin.

gaia-health.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

Rather than treating food and traditional medicines as human rights issues, they have been treated as trade issues. That makes the desires of large corporations the focus of food and herbal law, rather than the needs and desires of people. It's this twisting that has resulted in the FDA's making outrageously absurd statements, such as claiming that Cheerios and walnuts quite literally become drugs simply because of health claims made for them.

Sounds like the work of some crafty attorneys. Is this not an outrage!? The article talks about trading and import, but I wonder how it applies to people growing and providing their own herbs? I know I have heard of a bill that will make growing your own food/med illegal, but I thought that it would never come to fruition.
If it is determined to be illegal to have in possession beneficial herbs grown in our own gardens, well I don't think the people are going to let this one slide, at least I hope not!
Nice find and thanks for bringing it on board!

spec

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I know a couple who runs a medicinal herb farm.

They throw handfuls of seeds out in the spring, and have a beautiful polyculture and harvest each fall.

This would shut down these small herb farms, which there are quite a few of, in the US.

Are the medicinal herb farms going to have to start growing potatoes in Europe?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
No problem... They take away freedom after freedom after freedom. It will only stop when we have nothing left or the citizens of whatever state/country stand up and say enough is enough!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This has been on the cards for many years..

The Codex Alimentarius (Latin for "food code" or "food book") is a collection of internationally recognized standards, codes of practice, guidelines and other recommendations relating to foods, food production and food safety. Its name derives from the Codex Alimentarius Austriacus.[1] Its texts are developed and maintained by the Codex Alimentarius Commission, a body that was established in 1963 by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO). The Commission's main aims are stated as being to protect the health of consumers and ensure fair practices in the international food trade. The Codex Alimentarius is recognized by the World Trade Organization as an international reference point for the resolution of disputes concerning food safety and consumer protection.[2][3]
Source

For many years the following video has been quoted and used as a basis against the introduction of Codex Alimentarius.

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
"Secretive Executive Order Establishes 'Big Brother' Health Bureaucracy"

On June 10th, 2010, amidst the chaotic 24-hour oil spill coverage, Barack Obama quietly signed an Executive Order that some claim lays the foundation for implementing Codex Alimentarius,...

www.activistpost.com...

We can quit calling ourselves the Land of the Free.

Yeah,let's hear it for "More Government"!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have yet to see anything about this law that would effect people who merely grow and supply herbs. This is for manufacturers who package and sell prepared herbal suppliments.

As a long-time organic gardener/farmer, let me say that the Codex is benign and so is this bill.

Go ahead, actually READ it, not the interpretations, but the actual laws, and see they don't have any effect on people growing and preparing their own herbs.

Yeah,let's hear it for "More Government"!

As someone who thinks that Government is a tool of the People, and one that WE can sue to regulate BIg Business, yes, three cheers for Government! Those who decry 'government' are only promoting a Corporate World.

edit on 19-9-2010 by justadood because: more words

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

Rather than treating food and traditional medicines as human rights issues, they have been treated as trade issues. That makes the desires of large corporations the focus of food and herbal law, rather than the needs and desires of people....

S&F

...Corporate rights override the needs and desires of the people - and more. When push comes to shove, International Free Trade Agreements overturn a nation's Federal Laws, peoples' civil rights, even Constitutions.

Welcome to the Brave New World. It's global corporate feudalism. ...and every little corporate "win" like this one tightens the noose.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
No doubt, Big Pharmaceutical Companies were lobbying double time to get these ones passed. Of course the law is going to be dormant, they are waiting for that Special Day to remind us of all the back door bills they had passed that we didn't know about because our governments had requested The Mainstream Media's silence by diverting our attention to various Lindsay Lohans and Paris Hiltons.

Marshall Law WILL happen. People are going to get drugged if they are identified as emotionally unstable. This is how it starts. A few select "homegrown terrorists" are going to be set up, and made examples of so that TPTB can point to the rest of us, saying, "This is Extremism, these conspiracies theorists cannot control their overwhelming Paranoia and irrational feelings of being targeted by supposed secret government agencies"

We are going to get picked out of the crowd. They are going to persecuted the ones who saw it all coming. The Sheeple are going to sell out like the pigs they are, and take the blue pills all day long. For those who refuse the vaccines and medicines created purely for the purpose of doping us up to a level of absent-minded numbness, those of us who will refuse, will be made examples of.

Get ready, get lost before they chip you, and there is nowhere to run. Big Pharm is The New World Order.

new topics

top topics

join