It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on the dollar bill?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The "Dollar Rede$ign Project" has decided to start a petition to redesign the United States currency. You might find one of their designs a little questionable. In the link, a design for the $1 denomination features Barack Obama has the person on the design. Personally to me, that is as undeserving as the Noble Peace Prize he received earlier this year. Never on history has this country put someone that is currently holding office onto currency, stamps, etc. That type of stuff happens in countries with royalty or dictators.

Link to article

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If you notice they are test designs. I highly doubt that those will be the finals. My guess is its to get people to notice and actively participate in choosing what is on their money.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

I like the vertical idea..

If you read the article it states that most people hand over money that way and all vending machines except money that way too..

Putting BHO on money just doesn't feel right...like the op said...

only countries with Royalty and dictators do that..not the U.S...

Oh wait...........

edit on 19-9-2010 by baddmove because: to add Royalty

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

last i checked Queen Elizabeth isnt a dicatator..?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I'm from canada and we have the queen on our money and we sure aren't a dictator ship, nor a monarchy kinda... We just pay tribute to our Mother England. And As I said in my previous post, look at all the photos not all of them are Obama, its test designs there is one 1$ bill that has a truck on it. Look at all the photos first. Obama is only on 2 or 3 test designs.

There are probably tones of test ones when Canada redesigned there were tones of applicants and I think most of the demos that the media released never made it to print.

Don't worry Obama wont do that your only seeing a fraction of the designs and its probably a ploy by the media to make you hate Obama even more.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Elizabeth is the Queen of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica and the other commonwealth nations, when the queen dies it will be replaced with the new King of England.

Something to be proud of
Be proud of your heritage.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
In my opinion this is a non-issue. If McCain were president right now, there would be entries with his (and probably Palin's) portrait.

If these were proposed designs sponsored by the US Treasury. . Then we would actually have an issue.
I just see this as another attempt at creating a thread to provoke a bash Obama discussion. .

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

I'm from canada and we have the queen on our money and we sure aren't a dictator ship, nor a monarchy kinda... We just pay tribute to our Mother England. And As I said in my previous post, look at all the photos not all of them are Obama, its test designs there is one 1$ bill that has a truck on it. Look at all the photos first. Obama is only on 2 or 3 test designs.

There are probably tones of test ones when Canada redesigned there were tones of applicants and I think most of the demos that the media released never made it to print.

Don't worry Obama wont do that your only seeing a fraction of the designs and its probably a ploy by the media to make you hate Obama even more.

I'm from England, and I can tell you that Elizabeth is a DICTATOR. She has been since she was "coronated". The whole point of a monarchy is to maintiain control of the masses by convincing them into thinking that they are "ruled" by the few. It's not rocket science.

Another point to mention, is that projects like this tend to take place to appease the masses and make them think that their "input" actually means something to the "few" who control and DICTATE.

Your turn.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I am proud of my heritage my grandparents are English, and I love Big Q (the queen). She's the only woman on our money. Now that Prince Harry on our money might not be so bad he's good looking for the British monarchy his dad is not so much. I'm hoping Prince Harry will be King Harry.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I know it's just a test design but I think it's immature to consider an in office president who's legacy hasn't been witnessed yet. Not that I hate him as a person, I dislike what he represents and how people glorify him. I don't agree with his support of big business when that's what he campaigned against basically.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

The queen has no say in what goes on in Canada, we just pay tribute to her, and correct me if I'm wrong doesn't the queen have little to no power, but the Prime Minister, holds the majority. She's pretty much a figure head.

The queen visits here goes Hymm hymm cheerio then goes back to England.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by dampnickers

The queen has no say in what goes on in Canada, we just pay tribute to her, and correct me if I'm wrong doesn't

The Queen has quite a lot of power behind the scenes, she can dissolve your goverment and oppoint a new prime minister anytime she wants, a newly appointed prime minister has also got to pledge alligeince to the Queen of England.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

I think its artists discretion, I'm pretty sure our current prime minister at the time of our currency change was put on out money as a demo. I think... I can't quite remember It was a long time ago. I think it was when they re did the 5. My guess is to show who commissioned the change. If Bush did it bush would get a demo bank note. If McCain won McCain would have been on it.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

reply to post by Haydn_17

She Could... But Canadians wouldn't be happy... And we still pledge to the queen because we would still come to England's rescue if needed. She has background but really would she use it what is the point? Canada would get pissed and we'd do nothing.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Xiamara because: Adding reply

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Not only is the idea ridiculous, but the bill looks like it was made by a child.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17aadd8bff20.jpg[/atsimg]

I like this one a great deal more.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/926e72600ff3.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 9/19/2010 by Alaskan Man because: clarity

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You know, I would be game for an overhaul of our monetary notes, but not at the price it would cost. This country is already financially stretched, from wall street to main street and everyone in between. Think about all the automated machines that would need to be calibrated/changed to accept new notes. Money counters, atms, vending machines...you get the picture. Not worth it. Spend more imaginary money to print new play money.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Seriously...why can't we simply put things on the bills equalling what they are worth

on a 1 dollar bill, put a big mac

on a 5er, put a cocktail with a nightclub background

etc

That way, when foreigners come over, they ran roughly guess what denomination is worth what

kidding btw...but who knows..we may dumb down enough to where that becomes a very real discussion one day

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Why do we need a new form of currency to begin with? What we have now is perfectly fine.
Unless of course Obama knows for sure the dollar as we know it is not coming back because he is intentionally killing the economy yet continues to blame Bush.

This new bill may be a test, but it's more of a symbol than anything else.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
The Queen has quite a lot of power behind the scenes, she can dissolve your goverment and oppoint a new prime minister anytime she wants, a newly appointed prime minister has also got to pledge alligeince to the Queen of England.

Actually isn't it the governor-general who represents the old geezer and exercises advisement? True Canada still puts her sour face on their money and there is some sense of warped allegiance, for what that's worth, but overall I get the impression she leads by title only. Really in the grand scheme of things.....useless and unimportant.

Back to the article, why would the US go down this path, their currency is fiat anyways and will be compeltely worthless once it all goes to hell.

brill

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I like the new designs of the currency. Obama is one of the most intelligent presidents in the history of the United States. I would be for him being on the new one dollar bill, he also is the first African American president so that makes sense with him being on the $1. I would vote yes for this!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join