It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
last Tuesday I had the pleasure to meet a friend of a dear friend who was
a practising spiritualist,he retried full time a few years ago.This fellow had
travelled all across the globe giving readings and the like,a very well educated
gentleman.
As I am interested in these things he proceeded to show me some of the pamphlets
and his certificate to say he was a member of an affiliated spiritualist church
Then he showed me his "talisman" as he called it.It was beautiful,it was a figure
of Isis.he had picked it up off a market on a trip to Egypt in the 1960's. the
figure was of a lady holding a baby and a staff.it was green with corrosion but
he had been told not to attempt to clean it.(by the museum in the UK)
Then he showed me a bit on the staff where the British museum of antiquity
had asked to take a sample to date it.

There was a graph with various readings that stated the figure (no more than 3 inch's high)
was dated to around 1300 years BC making this well over 3000 years old.

I felt privileged to have seen and held this piece of history and thought of all the
hands of past that it had been through.It was maybe from a tomb the museum had
said.
There was a poem also but I can only remember the 1st bit, sorry should pay more attention.
"oh Isis oh Isis etc. etc." sorry should of written it down,she was the representation of
love I was told. I also had a reading given but that is personal.

I felt I had to share this as its not every day you get to hold a piece of history like such.

on a side note maybe a member here knows the poem I tried to say?
And I wish I had a picture for you of the figure.
I am in touch with this gentleman so i could get more details if so need be.
But I am unwilling to give his name as this would be unfair as he does not
know I have written this.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Very Cool.

Can you perhaps describe the artifact more? I mean is it like a little statue or is it like a flat piece of metal with raised depictions?

I don't know about the poem, but this is cool:

Plutarch, a Greek scholar who lived from 46 A.D. to 120 A.D., wrote Isis and Osiris,[7] which is considered a main source about the very late myths about Isis.[8] In it he writes of Isis, describing her as: " a goddess exceptionally wise and a lover of wisdom, to whom, Fas her name at least seems to indicate, knowledge and understanding are in the highest degree appropriate.." and that the statue of Athena (Plutarch says 'whom they believe to be Isis' in Sais carried the inscription "I am all that has been, and is, and shall be, and my robe no mortal has yet uncovered."[9]

Isis Wiki

Maybe this is the poem, from Alesteir Crowley:
Poem about Isis-Hathor

edit on 19-9-2010 by beebs because: to fix mr. crowleys name to be on the safe side (he was pretty weird)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wow very cool. I would love to see something like that from that time in Egypt's history.

Could you get a picture of it? Would he send you that? I know I would be interested in seeing it and I am sure others would too

I have a picture of a sarcophagus a friend of mine has in his possession. I believe it is his brother in law who owns a local museum where I live and while he was redoing the museum my friend had a few of the items (all from Egypt) stored at his house. He even had these little scarab beetles, those were in a protective glass. He never brought me a picture of the beetles just the sarcophagus.

When I get on my other computer I will find the picture and add it to your thread
I meant to post it to see if anyone might recognize the era it was made because my friend doesn't have that information.

Found the pics! Ok I don't know if this is a sarcophagus or just a statue. It's only a picture of it since I am not able to see it myself. When it is in the museum I will definitely go and see it. My friend was telling me that his brother in law has traveled all over the world collecting stuff for his museum over the years. It's a small one but it's actually really nice since they re-did it. The Egyptian section isn't ready yet, which of course is the section I want to go to.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/319876f19d7b.jpg[/atsimg]
You can tell the size by the tiles in the back ground.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a597298ee85.jpg[/atsimg]
I did joke with him and tell him to move it from his patio doorway and to quit stepping over it!
I couldn't believe how he didn't seem to think anything of it. If I had that in MY house it would be treated like a baby!

edit on 9/19/2010 by mblahnikluver because: add pictures

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Isis oh Isis you mystical child
What drives me to you is what drives me insane
I still can remember the way that you smiled
On the fifth day of May in the drizzling rain.
- Bob Dylan

Op, is it that one??

www.sing365.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There are dozens / hundreds of Poems written to Isis, written over thousands of years. Your friend has a marvelous piece of history;

Nimrod and Semiramis were fascinating figures in early History, the City of Babel, Ur, and others are attributed to Nimrods management and organizational talent.. In the Bible he is described as being a great hunter before the Lord. This pair became immensely powerful and influential, king and Queen of early Mesopotamian culture.
When Nimrod Died, Semiramis did not wish to give up the good life, she spread rumors of Nimrods return in her unborn Child, conceived after her husbands death, and attributed to virgin birth. Her child was promoted as the virgin incarnation of Nimrod. ( this was thousands of years before Christ walked the earth).

As the Cult of Semiramis grew, she became the queen of heaven, and is the archetype for all the statues and beliefs of virgin with child, Madonna with child, virgin queen, virgin births, queen of heaven, etc, etc.

These ancient Cults spread far and wide, the Bible calls them mystery religions; Isis and Osiris, Mithra, attis, Magna, and many more, are patterned on the system that began with Nimrod and especially beliefs his wife spread after his death, the virgin birth of Nimrods child, enabling her to retain her Status as Queen of the people, by becoming Queen of heaven and a powerful figure herself.

It is a fascinating research subject, She was a very adept and shrewd individual, kept her position and began a religious belief system that lasted thousands of years to this day.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It cut the pictures off on the side

Here is a link to my personal flickr account if you want to see the full picture.

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

edit on 9/19/2010 by mblahnikluver because: add links to full size pictures

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

edit on 9/19/2010 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
To add:

The baby is Horus..if the staff has a curved&pointed head then it represents set, if the staff has ridges then it is her consort Osiris.. Horus`s father.

The original trinity .... which later became Mary holding Jesus

Explain the staff...It matters because...The sovereignty of pharaoh lies in upper egypt with Osiris....if it is set...Then it was forged in the time the priests were in control (18th dynasty Hitties)...Which belongs to the lower Egyptians >>>who are not recognised as pharaoh by the gods...They are witches/preists who stole an empire

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 9/19/2010 by JacKatMtn because: corrected ALL CAPS post.

edit on 19-9-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

What's your damage besides being a troll.

what...what did you not like about that last post..this is an egyptian thread...they are using old relics as lucky charms/ power bracelets...but i have no idea how they get to own such old relics when our government has asked for them all back!

so calm down with wiping my posts

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

YES it was a little statue approx 3 & half inch's in hight and just
in the form of a female body,the staff ran up the right hand side of
her body to just above her head,where the British museum had
taken the sample it seemed to be brass as they had filed a small
amount off the staff,the rest was covered in blue/green corrosion
with the metal exposed to age and moisture over the 3000 years.

it did actually feel pretty heavy and this green coating did sparkle in
places as it was a crystal like substance whatever the oxide was.

she had a form of head where and was stood up holding a baby
at her stomach with one of her arms,not sure which.

hope this helps. I was in awe of it as I have never held
such a precious item of such importance and age.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

no but that is nice, the poem is longer and ends in oh Isis oh Isis as it starts.
will have to find out.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Sorry your wording was what was misunderstood. It came off as sarcastic and not serious. It came across the wrong way.

Ok so you seem to know some stuff about Egypt did you see the pic I posted? Can you recognize maybe what time period that is from?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

YES very cool. I shall have to see if i can get a photo.
it may be some time as the owner lives in Bradford
a little far from me.
maybe I shall ask if he can send me one?

I am so frustrated at not paying FULL attention to detail
in the poem and the photo evidence.
I must make up for this, i owe it to you all who are interested.

All i can put it down to is politeness and it being a personal item
belonging to this gentleman, plus it was his tallisman and
i did not think you could toutch things like this as i was led
to beleve its like taking away its owners power?
make any sense?someone told me this about tarrot cards.
but i was allowed to hold her.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

VERY COOL PIC'S and a very interesting topic Egypt,
your friend sounds very lucky to be so close to these
beautiful objects.
I hate that HAWASS bloke I believe these things belong to
all of us and not to just HIM and his cronies.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

very interesting,if only i had known what i was to be
shown i would of took more care and done some research
before hand but alas no.

the staff she held had lost a bit of detail due to age and
this covering of oxides but i think the top did have some detail
to it as in a top of sorts but i cant recall any more.sorry

actually the top of the staff did not come to a point more
of as if it had a band very near the top,if that helps. edit for this info.
after looking at images on goggle I cant find what I saw exactly BUT
the staff I would definitely lean towards it having the bud type crown top
no point a pronounced top as you describe.

edit on 19/9/2010 by stealthyaroura because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/9/2010 by stealthyaroura because: to add info on the staff held by Isis

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I don't know what you wrote but if it about looting Egypt
I agree it's wrong.
as far as I know this is to be left to the British museum who
as I stated borrowed it to do research and date then gave it back
to my new friend.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ariel bender

You are far more knowledgeable about this subject than I,thanks
for taking the time to reply in the thread.
you must have studied Egyptology?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Hiya El Stealth, I'd love to have seen a picture of it. Given the date and the 'green corrosion' it was almost certainly copper. Brass came centuries later...

It's possible that the object arrived in the West via honest trade. The Ancient Egyptians relied on trade as much as any nation. Still, I agree with you...it most likely arrived as a result of grave robbers.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Yes it is true
as it is with tarot cards. It has to do with your own personal energy and the connection you form with that piece. I know some people think it's silly but to me any many others its not
I had a set of tarot cards for years and one day my sister was at my house and used them while I was at work, well when I went to use them they felt "off." I knew something wasn't right so I went thru the deck and found two missing. I called her and she told me she used them and took two cards. I was really upset since I had those for 5 plus years. I haven't found a deck yet that I feel like buying and getting to know again. I am sure one day there will be a deck that "speaks" to me like that deck did which is why I bought them
Same goes with my crystals and stones. I get really upset when people go to try and pick them up and then laugh at me when I tell them not to touch them.

Yeah a picture of it would be cool. My friend took the picture of what he has and brought it to my work and I took a picture with my iphone of his picture. I am happy it came out as nice as it did.

I look forward to the possibility of a picture

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join