It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Byrd urges whites to vote and "push for power"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Since the Republicans use Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin and Fox News to fire up white voters, I don't see any difference here. I mean, all this stuff about Obama being a Communist-Muslim-Terrorist-Kenyan is obviously aimed at a low IQ, low information type of white voter.

The Republicans have been doing that for years as part of the Southern Strategy, at least since Richard Nixon's time.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. They have no basis to complain.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
No, there never were any white slaves in the U.S.. There were white indentured servants in the 17th and 18th Centuries who were treated like slaves, but that was usually for 4-5 years. Their conditions were very bad, but they were not kept as slaves from birth like blacks born in this country, and they did have certain citizenship rights after their contracts were over that free blacks almost never had before the Civil War.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by witness63

Yeah, them rich white folk making too much have to be lowered to the same standards as everyone else right?

I guess these folk would argue with your contention.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This thread started out as "DAVID DUKE URGES WHITES TO VOTE AND "PUSH FOR POWER"," got no response, then switched to Robert Byrd instead of David Duke.
Robert Byrd has been dead for several months, so lets just leave him out of it.
Obama was addressing a black caucus, but his comments could have applied to all of us.
This conversation seems like a silly waste of time.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Run to the GOP

Thats nice!

If you vote GOP you will no longer belong to the state, you will belong to the corporations!

Maybe they realize who started the Crack epidemic, mandatory drug sentencing laws or the war on drugs

Be freeeeeeee

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

If you want to learn your history, just ask a "Scot"....

www.electricscotland.com...

It never ceases to amaze me just HOW effectively most people have been brainwashed. I have spent half my life trying to learn the truth about history, so I fully understand the error. If you think that the blacks and the Jews have suffered the most, you still have some learning to do.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think the most obviously bothering thing to note here is that Obama would even play the race card in the first place, or try to change any demographics of power. He is constitutionally bound to represent all americans not the ones he just feels like or wants too. Secondly, ideally speaking, and i know we dont live in an ideal world, but ideally speaking, it shouldnt matter at all what colour someone is, everyone should be working towards the same goal and that is making America a better place. We are just going around in circles while people keep this kind of bull up imo.
From my perspective, and thats living in the UK, and watching from here, Obama seems like a gimic, a token president, he seems to not be bothered with the real issues, and pushing them under the carpet, and more interested in how he looks politically, this was true from the get off.
Its why politicians dont make good leaders.

Aaron xx

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AliWV
This thread started out as "DAVID DUKE URGES WHITES TO VOTE AND "PUSH FOR POWER"," got no response, then switched to Robert Byrd instead of David Duke.
Robert Byrd has been dead for several months, so lets just leave him out of it.
Obama was addressing a black caucus, but his comments could have applied to all of us.
This conversation seems like a silly waste of time.

Well, in all fairness seeing "DAVID DUKE URGES WHITES TO VOTE AND "PUSH FOR POWER" isn't exactly uncommon. Who is going to get upset about it? Although I do think a large contingent on ATS agree with ole' Duke.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There was an even earlier Sen. Robert Byrd of Virginia (not the one from West Virginia, who died this year) and back in the 1950s and 1960s he was always urging white voters to rise up and and resist civil rights and school integration, just like George Wallace did in Alabama and Lester Maddox in Georgia. The OP evidently did not know this--or forgot it.

That wasn't so long ago, and Republicans worked hard for many years to pick up these white backlash voters. They are still doing it today, only not quite so openly as Old Byrd. This year, though, they have been playing the Race Card pretty blatantly against Obama, then immediately denying it every time they do it.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It does seem the left has been playing the race card since Obama has been in office and then denying it, sometimes. Other times they just throw it out there and don't care because they know no one wants to be labeled a *gasp* racist. See how easy that is......it plays both ways nice try though.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

How is that video I posted GOP?

I would go to the Libertarian party but they are crushed by the Dems and Repub corporate whores.

As I have said, I no longer consent, so I could care less who wins, I just would appreciate not getting thrown in jail for any of my economic or social freedoms being abrogated.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Wow, I did not know that he died? What are you ignorant? That is why I switched Duke for him.

Oh by the way, the ol Dems definitely forgot all about his KKK roots didn't they? Ol President Clinton certainly forgot all about it while he extolled Byrd's virtues.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by Hefficide

Nice attempt to take out the Black Caucus component.

There is nothing to take out. There is nothing wrong with a President rallying members of his party to fire up constituents.

Yes, the story itself could be considered the problem, maybe on purpose?

On purpose? As in giving the Tea Party yet another angle of attack?

But no one else could get away with it and you KNOW it.

Get away with what exactly?

Telling congressmen to get voters motivated to get to the polls?
Dealing with members of the black caucus?
Using the word "church"?
Using the word "barber shop"?
Being President?

My point is, I don't even see the issue here, much less the reason to complain about it. As corrupt as politicians are there has to be better material to kvetch about than this.

edit on 9/19/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

Rallying a party is different than pushing for a racist agenda

Jaden

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The only thing that comes to mind is the following thought:

-These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
(1) A proud look,
(2) a lying tongue,
(3) hands that shed innocent blood,
(4) An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,
(5) feet that be swift in running to mischief,
(6) A false witness that speaketh lies,
(7) and he that soweth discord among brethren. (Proverbs 6:16-19)

i dont practice this Christianity/Bible stuff... but this is a reminder to those that profess to...
and expressly to Mr Byrd

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Rallying what party? The black party?
I just read your comment on your page.

Time to break out that "supposed" logic you purportedly use to crush emotional rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You do know Byrd is gone? I used him as an analogy to the story that I linked.

I replaced the president with him as a white person and changed all the black references to white, thereby showing the double standard in the article.

Sowing discourse? You are not referring to me are you?

I think the way the article was written was meant to cause discourse actually, either that or the author is an idiot or completely brainwashed into believing that pushing a racial agenda is fine, instead of a non racial call for EQUAL RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
No, there never were any white slaves in the U.S.. There were white indentured servants in the 17th and 18th Centuries who were treated like slaves, but that was usually for 4-5 years. Their conditions were very bad, but they were not kept as slaves from birth like blacks born in this country, and they did have certain citizenship rights after their contracts were over that free blacks almost never had before the Civil War.

I am part-black and grew up in a predominately white rural area in South-central Pennsylvania. I can take you to quite a few old 'company towns' in that area to show you where the white slaves lived. They were Slavic, Scots, Irish and Italian. They had jobs and were paid for their work, but the only place they had to spend their money was the 'company store'. They ended up spending more on food alone than their paycheck was worth.

There were crews of ruffians that would go after men that tried to leave town while still in debt to the store, beating them and sometimes killing them.

The slaveholders were white in this case too. So were the slaves.

Much worse off than an indentured servant, these men worked, not to pay off a debt, but to get deeper in debt every day they worked. My grandfather was one of them.

edit on 20-9-2010 by butcherguy because: To add.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks for the info, I was going to start digging for the evidence to prove it, but even if I did some would argue it was not true.

Tell me, do you feel the way that our country is set up now, that you have to pay property taxation and other types of unLAWFUL taxation to be equivalent of the debt slavery of the past?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I would like to have what money that I have paid so far in my life.

I could easily retire.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Being 43 now, I could have retired also.

I did a breakdown of the taxes on only income, not property, registration and others. It was amazing on how much they took.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join