It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Terror Attack Suspects Freed Without Charge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Looks like more fakery by the cops. Look like your doing something & arrest someone one on trumped up terrorist charges.

www.couriermail.com.au...

BRITISH police have freed six men without charge after they were arrested on suspicion of preparing a terrorist attack linked to the state visit of Pope Benedict XVI.
"Six men who were arrested under the Terrorism Act 2000 on Friday, 17 September, were all released without charge late on Saturday night and early this morning,'' Scotland Yard said said in a statement.

Counter-terrorism police in London had swooped at dawn on Friday to detain five men aged between 26 and 50 who worked as street cleaning contractors in central London, while a sixth man was arrested later the same day.

The men were street cleaners employed in the Westminster district of London, where the pope spent much of Friday and Saturday, the local authority confirmed.

Reports said the men were all of North African origin but there was no confirmation from police.

"We never attributed much importance to these arrests,'' Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi told AFP earlier Saturday.

The 83-year-old Pope was "very calm'', he said, and the four-day trip was "taking place smoothly''.

Britain's Sunday Mirror tabloid quoted a police source as saying that the men were arrested after they were overheard joking in a staff canteen about blowing up the pope with a rocket-propelled grenade.

The pope is set to fly from London to Birmingham today for the beatification mass of John Henry Newman, a convert from Anglicanism to Catholicism, before returning to Rome.

Does anyone know if they can sue for false arrest or does the 2000 Terrorist Act in Britian squash that?

Make a joke & Scotland Yard gets their "jollies" off by anal-probing you for several days.

This is what make people despise cops & force them into more drastic action because the goon squad with the badge won't leave the alone.

Suppose they were lucky not to be just shot in the head like that innocent Brazilian bloke in the alledged 7/7 bombings.

edit on 19-9-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So someone obviously overheard them and thought, oh no I better ring the Gestapo and report these terrorists!

How stupid. Yeah it was a stupid thing to joke about, but seriously people need to use their common sense. If they were going to plot such a thing, do you really thing they'd discuss it openly in a staff canteen?

edit on 19/9/10 by Kram09 because: changed wording

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Again I would like to ask Does anyone know if they can sue for false arrest or does the 2000 Terrorist Act in Britian squash that?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
he just told them do better next time and don't forget to donate on the way out.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am convinced this was a set up. Coincidentally, Kevin Annett and 10'000 protesters were going to be at Lambeth Palace to present an arrest warrant to the Pope. This 'mistake' conveniently gave the excuse to keep everyone at a 'safe' distance from the Poop.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This all seems very convenient for the authorities. Round up some suspects, make a big noise out of it and hope everyone is paying attention. I also feel that it is very reasonable to suggest this was orchestrated in order to prevent the staged warrant presentation that an earlier member mentioned. This makes a lot o sense to me.

It doesnt matter if these guys are innocent or not. EVERYONE in the western world heard about the arrests, but how big will the story of their release be? It's classic media play. This stuff makes me sick.

top topics

join