It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christine O'Donnell: "I dabbled into witchcraft"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Does anyone know what television show this was from? What was her "career path" at the time? Seems very Palinesque so not surprised she was endorsed by Palin but I'm very curious as to what this show was. Beauty contestant? Anyone?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

Man, are you always so rude and dismisive? Define me and my beliefs would you, seriously, since you know absolutely nothing about me, please enlighten me? What exactly are your notions of what Witchcraft is, means and how it's practiced, depending upon tradition etc. Please define the difference between Witchcraft and Wicca, you do realize there is a huge difference in beliefs/practices don't you?
If you are going for the whole casting spells, eating/killing babies etc........I think maybe you watch too much t.v., read too much fiction, and in general show a lack of intelligence. Do you have any idea how many traditions there are, where they come from, how they have changed through time? Have you actually met a Witch, or do you spend time gathering information from watching "B" movies? The nonsense you are spewing on here is completely silly.......as I stated earlier, this is OT and feel free to start your own thread where we can debate to your hearts content.......however, please stay on topic here......OP sorry for being off topic, just seems the troll was out and looking to be fed.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
lmao

I find the video quite amusing.
We all have skeletons in the closet.

I have claimed more than once in my threads
that I am a Christian. Does that mean that I
haven't done anything questionable in my past??
No, it does not.

And for the record Christie and I have something
in common. I also dated a witch who was into
wicca back in the early 90's. Am I condemned
to hell because of it? Absolutely not.

I also bought a couple decks of Tarot cards
and some books to learn how to interpret them.
I still have them in storage somewhere.
I was curious as well. Am I condemned to hell?
Absolutely not.

I also smoked mary jane in the early 90's
and haven't touched the stuff since then.
My point is, people do change.

I think this video is way over blown
and released as an agenda piece.
He is blackmailing Christie to appear
on his show. That is apparent.

How many videos of other politicians
have you seen that makes them look stupid?
Thousands, even though they are not stupid at all.

We can add another one to the list.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I AM NOT A TROLL!

she was glorifying witchcraft...so i gave you a description of what the original form of witchcraft was..whatevr witch you are, you are merely a spin off from the original.

i dont know much about your witch practices...but not all groups on earth agree that witchcraft is for the good of society....and they should not hide behind so called "herbal remedies". if your a doctor say you are a doctor..if you are a priest say you are a preist.

as for CHRISTINE O`DONNEL... to have the ghoul to say something like that so casually.."oh there was a bit of blood..i had a midnight meal on an altar" i bet she didnt know what was in that meal!!!! id hate to imagine.

its just become to casual to state that they do this..they must think everyone takes it like they do.
i thought she was jewish at first...though they were originally the pharaohs priests...so maybe this blood drinking game is bigger than i thought

i mean look at this
drinking infants blood, new tool to stop infection spreading

edit on 19-9-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think she's great.
The fact that she said she did witchcraft in her youth make me like her even more. haha

edit on 19-9-2010 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
GOOD FOR HER!!!!

The FAR LEFT should be happy with this about her because it shows she was open minded and was willing to try something different and out of the main stream.

The FAR RIGHT should be happy with this because she tried it. She rejected it. She learned from it. She became a better Christian because of it.

BTW ... LOTS of teenagers dabble in the occult. It's no big deal. Spirit boards. Seances. 'Bloody Mary'. Sometimes teen girls get witchcraft books and during sleepovers they 'cast' a few poorly done spells and then giggle themselves to sleep thinking they are cool or daring. It's no big deal.

And frankly, the Wiccan religion seems to be the only religion that is really peaceful. It is the real 'religion of peace' Do unto others ... if you do bad it comes back on you three fold (or is it seven fold??). Dunno. But it IS a peaceful religion even though people get it confused with Satan worship.

If she were Wiccan, I'd be more inclined to vote for her. And around here in Delaware, where O'Donnell is from, no one gives a hoot what religion a person is. It's great. I was stuck in Alabama for 9 years and the first thing people said down there was 'what church do you go to?'. But not here .... it's WONDERFUL!! Everyone minds their own business when it comes to religion.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I think the implications of Satanism might shake up her fundamentalist base,

Honestly .. around here in Delaware ... there isn't as much of that kind of thing as elsewhere. The media is playing her up on a national level. The fundamentalists in the deep south just don't matter come voting time here in November. I am SOOO glad we live here now instead of down there. Most people don't give a hoot what religion another person is. And the few idiots that do ... well ... if they pay attention they'll notice that she was young; tried it; and rejected it.

If anything, this revelation should HELP with the few people who may care about religion here in Delaware. IMHO

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I just saw this on the news and think it's absolutely STUPID!

Witchcraft is NOT evil and there is nothing wrong with it.

I swear these candidates act like HS brats trying to win prom king and queen.

Who cares if she dabbled in the craft, nothing wrong with getting close to mother nature.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Who cares if she dabbled in the craft, nothing wrong with getting close to mother nature.

wow you have confused witchcraft for having anything to do with mother nature and manipulating her for their own purpose. the chinese call it herbal medicne why do you choose to use a connotative word like witch...what you percieve a witch to be isnt the same as everyones enterprtation.

AND WHO EVER SAID IT WAS ANIMAL BLOOD - she just said it was blood.

as for witchcraft not being evil....where do i start with that..."google alestar crawley"

edit on 20-9-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

wow you have confused witchcraft for having anything to do with mother nature and manipulating her for their own purpose. the chinese call it herbal medicne why do you choose to use a connotative word like witch...what you percieve a witch to be isnt the same as everyones enterprtation.

AND WHO EVER SAID IT WAS ANIMAL BLOOD - she just said it was blood.

as for witchcraft not being evil....where do i start with that..."google alestar crawley"

edit on 20-9-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

Um do you know about witch craft? It's not what you are making it out to be. I do because I have practiced it on my own for a decade and it has nothing to do with evil or satan. It's all about the earth and becoming one with nature. I have never hurt the planet while doing it. It's about giving back to mother nature. If you hurt the planet while doing it then you are doing it wrong. This is my opinion and my belief from personal experience.

Did I say anything about blood? NO I didn't so don't put words in my mouth. I know who Alister Crowley is, I don't need to google him.

Witchcraft is not evil. It's only evil if people don't follow true witchcraft. I don't really like the term witch myself but it's what society and everyone else seems to call it. Personally I like what it stands for and I have learned a lot from it about myself and about Earth. It's truly amazing when done and practiced correctly.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen
[.."google alestar crawley"

I took you up on that.

Aleister Crowley
First off ... ya' spelled his name wrong. Second .... he wasn't a Wiccan.
He was an occultist. He was a magician. He was a proud hedonist.
He established a new magical order .. AA Also look up - Ordo Templi Orientis
He died a heroin addict and of pneumonia (probably)
Thelema - do what thou wilt is the whole law ... this is what his religion was. NOT Wicca.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
A quick little point as well, not all Witchs are Wiccan, big misconception there.....as far as Crowley, ummmm, again, what does he have to do with Witchcraft? Sounds like we have a fundie with issues here.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

LOL WTF

I keep seeing images of George Bush dancing around that gigantic Owl statue in Alex Jones's film.

This chick is a warmongering neo-conservative.

I'm not sure why she is being labeled a tea party candidate by the press.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
A quick little point as well, not all Witchs are Wiccan, big misconception there.....as far as Crowley, ummmm, again, what does he have to do with Witchcraft? Sounds like we have a fundie with issues here.

wiccan or witch...ass or arse...illuminate or templer...tomatoe tomaaatoe.

look there are good people studying witchary yes..im not saying you are evil.but i bet youv met a few people in your coven who are!

the connatation of a witch is... one could be evil, one could be good (white & black i think u call it) but both are witches. what happened to the word "Druids" i didnt take offence to that.

you are in a circle with evil... ur interpretations are pure...but if they werent, would that stop you from being a witch??? no.

i have met so called "jewish" witches from scotland...they are not afraid to tell you the truth...which is why i respect them....they know the connotation of the word and they know certain beliefs of theirs would exasperate this connotation....which is why theyv developed this seige mentality...us against the world crap.
they are capable of anything.... "means to an ends" (kill 100 to save 1)

people in certain societies see them as pirates/sabouters. to survive sometimes they had to be.
but the majority of witches over time..were selfish,greedy,manipulative,controling..comming from the days of Ramsees.
its a pharaoh complex they have....

(but the control exerted from this "cult" is borderline hypnotic slavery...again not you!)...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
to add alistar crowley ushered in the modern era of witchcraft...your new misconceived cult was started by him...
old witchcraft was more evil still but he embodied that.

the original witch (imhotep) defied the gods he served...the pharaoh he served..as well as defying his own beliefs for sabotaging the state...this was a witch

your confusing yourself with a druid

edit on 20-9-2010 by theAymen because: my nut ached

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I can't help but notice that since the Tea Party won a couple of contests, there has been quite a bit in the MSM and even a few threads here on ATS trying to demonize them. Both republicans and democrats want to make sure that the Tea Party movement doesn't gain traction.

Talk has gone from "The Tea Party is racist" to "The Tea Party is dead" to "The Tea Party are Republicans" back to "The Tea Party are racists" to now "The Tea Party are witches".

How quickly the memories fade. Does no one recall the speeches by black tea party members? Does no one remember tea party voters telling republican candidates "You do not represent us"?

I find it very telling that something O'Donnell did in high school with a few friends can be discovered, and yet we can't even find out Obama's college GPA. O'Donnell dabbling in witchcraft as a teenager is national news, but not a peep about what grown men and women in government do at Bohemien Grove.

I guess it shouldn't be too surprising. When it comes to the tea party, it's easier to resort to name calling and digging for dirt in their past than it is to argue against things like limited government, fiscal responsibility, and closely examining the Federal Reserve banking cartel. Both republicans and democrats realize that fighting the tea party on the issues is a lost cause.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Would it surprise you to know there are vast numbers of ecclectic solitary Witchs, who don't belong to a coven? I guess once you can move past hollywood and fairy tales, you'll finally be able to invetigate it for what it is...........any ways have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I would think that most people when they were younger, would say they did things they don't do now. Back then she may have experimented with witchcraft. But she professes to be a Christian now, which is not an easy thing for anyone running for office these days. Christian bashing is the norm for liberal commies, and so, rather than discuss the issues for which her opponent would lose hands down, they go back, way back, and find a youthful indiscretion. OH MY ! they can't possibly elect her now !

But liberal commies don't understand Christianity which is why they will all come to the polls come November for her. The more they bash her for her faith the more solidarity she will have with them. And, not only them, but among those in the independent voting block who have come to hate, and are simply sick of the attack ad, the slime machine, and the abuse. The will either stay home or vote for Christine O'Donnell.

Now, I can look into some liberal people's lives. Obama was a coke head in his youth. He was also a marxist with no experience, yet he bamboozled the America sleepy voter, the ones who only get news from CNN, and The New York Times, and the Huffington Post to come out and pull a lever for him.

I will just say this one last bit of advice. As long as the democrat party continues to bash republicans and the T-party movement, they will continue to destroy their chances in November. But then, they have nothing to run on that the American voter can say, Yes ! give me more of that ! Obama to his credit kept two important campaign promises. He promised hope and change, and to fundamentally change America. This November, real change is coming and it gives us hope, and a newer and more honest government for the people and by the people will take office and begin the transformation for better government.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Would it surprise you to know there are vast numbers of ecclectic solitary Witchs, who don't belong to a coven? I guess once you can move past hollywood and fairy tales, you'll finally be able to invetigate it for what it is...........any ways have a nice day.

then i will tell them to put witchary down, and pick up druidism...or maybe alternative health.

"ecclectic"...if so why be a witch....they want the power that word holds...like masons there are good & bad...the bad seem to be in a different class, richer etc.

i`ll tell u what...show your coven that u r capable of evil...then watch the friends u make...and see how high u get in ur society.

edit on 20-9-2010 by theAymen because: my nutz ached

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

K, we're done here, you either can't or don't even bother to read the post you reply to.......not in a coven so your entire response is OT. Again, have fun in your fantasy world, I hear they are remaking D&D, maybe you should look into it for more info. Have a nice life.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join