It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to see a UFO? Watch in a dark place for Cassiopeia constellation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I have already observed a disk-shaped UFO before in 1999, but this is something else, something that everyone can see.

I am an amateur astronomer, so I know there is a database for predicting where in the sky every satellite will appear, on every time, on a specific location. The database is www.heavens-above.com , go there, explore it, you can choose your exact location and time, and see where nearly every satellite will show off.

These last nights, I have been in a place with extremely dark skies, and I have see something very strange.
In the east side of constellation Cassiopeia, there are lots of "satellites" appearing from nowhere and then moving for a while and dimming again. They tend to appear every 3-5 minutes, but sometimes several appear in a single minute. Obviously, since I saw this strange activity, I went to check on heavens-above. None of these "satellite-like objects" were really standard satellites, so these might be either secret satellites (!) or UFOs.

On one of the last nights, one did something very strange: it curved its trajectory and then accelerated. No satellite that I know does this. And on another night, I saw 5 satellite-objects all appearing around the same spot in the sky, within a single minute. Nothing of this is conventional satellite activity.

Even more interesting, I went to check the internet and I found this. Another guy that says that he keeps seeing these objects all the time around Cassiopeia. So, I am not the only one.
www.vancouversun.com... over+into/3432852/story.html

Go find a very dark spot, some hundreds of kms away from cities. You should be able to see the milky way.
Watch the Cassiopeia constellation for a while. Check if you see the same I saw. And please report your experiences here.

edit on 18-9-2010 by segurelha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Do you need a telescope for this?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Maybe you're viewing a little meteor shower coming from the direction of that constellation? It's all I can think of. Where is Casseiopia this month? What time are you viewing?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm also an amateur astronomer,
and just about every one of us up at the observatory have seen these unknown "things" in Cassiopeia.
Not quite as often as you seem to, but we have surely seen something very similar, on handfuls of occasions.
We can also not find any known satellites that they could be when we see them, and we always check multiple sources. lol

Glad someone else has brought it up. lol
Ill have to take a look at that website to.
thanks. (edit: website/article no longer available.. grrr)

Who knows what they are.
But Im glad it's not just our small group of 15 or so that's seeing it.

We also have a fantastic view of the milky way from the observatory.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hi im in the south east of the UK, was wondering about similar questions from other replies, do you need a telescope or binoculars ? are you in canada viewing these? hopefully i can get to see these would be nice if someone could record them.

Ahmose perhaps you could be in a good position to film these if possible, obviously im not ordering you too but maybe you guys can come up with something.

Nice post though im going to see what i can do in the UK

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

no you don't need a telescope.
Just time, and patience. lol

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Hi im in the south east of the UK, was wondering about similar questions from other replies, do you need a telescope or binoculars ? are you in canada viewing these? hopefully i can get to see these would be nice if someone could record them.

Ahmose perhaps you could be in a good position to film these if possible, obviously im not ordering you too but maybe you guys can come up with something.

Nice post though im going to see what i can do in the UK

You can see them without binocs. or a scope.
and for us.. they don't appear quite often enough to keep a telescope pointed there to watch.
and also don't generally stay long enough to have time to get a big scope onto them before they vanish again.

Binocs might be good to keep handy though,
quick and easy to pull out and focus.

I would imagine you can see them from Canada. If you can see the constellation.
( DUH, never mind, your in the UK, not canada, LOL, mybad)
Still applies though. lol

as for video...
It would be extremely difficult to get a video to pick up.

We can see the entire milky way overhead,
but if you aim a video camera at it, it is less than spectacular, unless you have a super hi-tech camera.
and these are not as bright as the milky way. lol

next time I see it Ill "shoot" that way with the green laser... see if anything 'cool' happens. lol

edit on 18-9-2010 by Ahmose because: duhr

edit on 18-9-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Thank you for the info.. im not very good when it comes to looking at the stars, guess its not a good start if i want to be looking for UFOs lol. By the way in the UK not Canada, do you still think i can view it from here

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
reply to post by Ahmose

Thank you for the info.. im not very good when it comes to looking at the stars, guess its not a good start if i want to be looking for UFOs lol. By the way in the UK not Canada, do you still think i can view it from here

yeah my mistake there, sorry..
I edited it to fix the canada thing. lol

If you can see the constellation, Cassiopeia, (looks like a big 'W')
then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to.
But you may need to 'sit awhile'... maybe even "sit awhile" night after night. lol

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Hi Ahmose,

I am glad I confirmed with another astronomer about this.
The link where there is another guy reporting this is at www.vancouversun.com...

I am observing these in Iceland, so we have access to very dark skies.

I saw them naked eye but it would be interesting to scan the same part of the sky with binoculars.
It was just when I saw the abnormal number of satellites appearing in that direction, and one of them curving, that I realize that this was something "wrong".

edit on 19-9-2010 by segurelha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
A couple of weeks ago I went outside with good quality bresser mead binoculars as it was a very clear night at about 10pm I was looking south east at one end of the milky way I spotted a very far off object that instead of crossing the sky like satellites do it was moving in what I believe to be on an outward trajectory. I watched it for 5 mins and in that time it did not move horizontally more than 100deg and eventually was too small to see. I have never seen a satellite that has traveled in this manor . It made me feel a little uneasy watching it the hairs on the back of my neck were up. Thanks for this thread as I am glad I'm not the only one seeing this type of thing.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I may say it's kind of a shock for me to realize that our upper atmosphere might be filled with hundreds or thousands of UFOs flying out there.
I will keep watching the skies in the vicinity of Cassiopeia.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wikipedia has a list of over 60 meteor showers. None of them appear to originate in Cassiopeia. Finding Cassiopeia is fairly simple. If you can find the Big Dipper (The Plough), in Ursa Major, draw an imaginary line through the two bright stars at the side of the dipper opposite the handle (through the tip of the Plough to the bright star just North of that point.) Extend this line to the next conspicuous star. This is Polaris, The North Star. Find the star at the bend of the handle of the Dipper/Plough. Imagine a line connecting this star to the North Star, and then continuing on. Cassiopeia lies along this line, on the opposite side of Polaris, and at about the same distance from it as the 'bend' star is. Cassiopeia forms a slightly lopsided W. --- Ross

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This thread is more directed for people who are more into stargazing/ astronomy.
The objects I saw, like other members here, are satellite-like. They are no meteors/shooting stars.

First you should be able to familiarize with normal satellites, with ISS, with Iridium satellites, with meteors and fireballs, and other sky phenomena. As you familiarize, you will almost always see stuff that you can explain.

And the satellite-like objects I saw are rather faint, and only possible to see in dark skies. They are about magnitude 2, 3 or 4 (magnitude is the astronomical term that defines brightness). All I said before, the strange activity is that I keep seeing these objects during the past few nights, appearing and transiting over Cassiopeia.

Ahmose: have you seen these objects also in Cassiopeia? and when and where? was it often, in different nights, like I did?

edit on 20-9-2010 by segurelha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by segurelha

Hmmm...if it were a secret satellite, people from different areas would see these "ufos" from different angles, thus in different places in the sky...

If they are coming fromt he constellation, dont worry about it, its like hundreds if not thousands of light years away.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
That's a very good point.
If several people around the world are seeing these objects in the direction of Cassiopeia, that means that the objects themselves are outside of Earth, and most likely quite far away. Otherwise, the perspective effect (paralax) would make us see the objects in different constellations, due to different angles of observation.

If we see them in the same constellation in different times of the year, then that means that they are outside of solar system. And know I begin to ask what is really this that we saw.

Ahmose, where and when have you seen these objects?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
just for perspective lets be sure to take into account how many satellites there are up there,

heres a couple posts on ats about that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and a vid,

upon gaining perspective, i kinda give up on trying to track satelites and assume if it's not moving and acting unlike one, then it probly is one.

edit to say - i have actualy witnessed satelites making turns on occasion, i see them very easily were i am, whenever theres no clouds. and always thought it was strange when i seen it, hairs on the back of your neck and all that.

being on an orb of a planet i suppose all crossing orbits would have a slight curve from your perspective except directly overhead.

i also admit that this didn't seem enough to explain the degree of turn i witnessed,

google earth also has a product called google sky,

they need to integrate google earths satelite tracking with google sky's interface, and put that into a pair of goggles,

the android phone's already have the google sky map, i use it often, it turns the phones screen into a window to a constelation map, with auto gps and compass, you just hold the phone up to your vision of the moving object in the sky and it would tell you if it is a known satelite.

right now the satelite tracking is only on the pc, the ap still works good for the constelations though.

edit on 21-9-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye because: noted above

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have seen several objects that don't appear on Heaven's Above - unless I'm translating the times wrong.

Also: Does HA account for geosynchronous birds? Could these things clustered around this constellation be reflecting at the same time?'

just a thought

HA just recently added rocket bodies, etc. so some of the things I saw prior to June 2010 may have been these.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Geosynchronous satellites orbit above Earth's equator, thus are found at the celestial equator, among the stars. Cassiopeia is a circumpolar constellation, about 60 degrees North of the celestial equator. Ross

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

next time I see it Ill "shoot" that way with the green laser... see if anything 'cool' happens. lol

That'll get you abducted for sure. Go ahead and try it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join