It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hidden Racism of the Far-Left

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Most of us are not opposed to women and blacks and latinos getting a few advantages. Since their circumstances are, traditionally, more difficult, SOME help is acceptable.

People like me are opposed to generalizations that automatically view all blacks, women, latinos as pathetic loosers that cant move forward without Government enforcement.

Most of us are nice and friendly without the Government forcing us to be. Its the enforcement of friendliness that makes me angry. Because it creates just the opposite of what its intended to create.

Because it is one of Billions of examples how well-intended idiots mess things up.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The HIDDEN racism? NOT SO HIDDEN!

Blacks who are openly racist against whites is one thing, but the OP is about the far-left that is racist against blacks without even knowing they are. Subconsciously. Just thought I'd add that so there is no misunderstanding of what the OPs stance is.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

One (of many) symptoms of this covert hatred is Affirmative Action. The "progressives" impose laws prefering "minority groups" over white people, regardless of qualification, performance, ability and character. Giving one person an advantage because of ethnicity is hardcore racism. Why? Because it devalues a black persons achievements and abilities. It automatically categorizes Blacks, Mexicans, Women, etc. as pathetic victims rather than the self-responsible and proud human beings that they are. And in continually treating them as if they were inept, they eventually become inept.

I agree.

Why is there a "race" section on employment applications? It is optional to fill out but I just question why it is there at all?

Why would you not give a person a job because of their skin color? And why should someone be chosen over someone else for a job because of skin color?

Its erroneous to think someone can decide who is more worthy of a job based on something as trivial as physical characteristics. It ignores the fact that everyone is different and has their own individuality. Its cruel and ignorant to put everyone into predetermined groups and then make assumptions on how deserving or not deserving that group is.

edit on 19-9-2010 by kj6754 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by abecedarian
reply to post by soficrow

So maybe redneck bobby joe figgers he kin writ better'n rufus, an needs the job more'n he duz but why hate-monger over such distinctions?

Why are the shortcomings of "redneck bobby joe", attributable to his upbringing and culture, open to derision? If Lashawna is as "ghetto" as Bobby Joe is "hillbilly", why does she get to check a box to edge him out of that Post Office job? It's no more her "fault" that she was born black than his for being born "poor white trash".
One may posit that Bobby Joe has the advantage since the characteristics leading to his discrimination are mutable. He can study diction. He can mold himself into the acceptable stereotype of a white man. After years of hard work, he may find himself in competition for a great job with Theo, the black son of a doctor and a lawyer, brought up with all the advantages those positions provide.
Bobby Joe had to overcome prejudice, Theo gets to check a box.
Bobby Joe has to smile at "inbred" jokes. Theo gets to sue.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have to agree that affirmative action at this particular point in time is indeed a form of racism but I also believe that it was necessary and needed at the time it was first instituted. Although I have to say that affirmative action is just one form of racism, or should I say preselection, plaguing our system of higher education today.

Many academic institutions still have policies that extend automatic acceptance to the children of past alumni. Example; John McCain's acceptance at Annapolis because of his fathers past attendance at the academy.

This may not necessarily be "racism," but the concept is just as bad. If students are to gain acceptance on their own merits then let it be so. If children are not responsible for the sins of their fathers then they should not be allowed to ride on their coat tails either.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

true, many places in africa are still segregated
they also have genocides over there
sounds like a pretty racist place

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The French Revolution, Communist killing, and Nazi Germany all testify that its inbuilt into the human species, to turn on each others differences (be it class or race) whenever there is a common shortage of something, threatening living standards (e.g. jobs, tax, economic growth ect). I guess most of our ancestors found it was evolutionary favourable to kill the criminals, or eat the fat chief, during periods of say starvation-crisis.

The fact is though, that media is encouraging minorities to be angry at the Whites, but not Whites to be angry of the minorities. When they do encourage Whites to be angry at minorities it’s usually over a small-minded, contentious issues that the media elites have selected (e.g. the 9/11 Mosque) (as distraction against continued mass immigration, when jobs are scarce).

I don’t know why the media encourages minorities to hate anybody. I can guess, but don’t know...
It could be because we are not all (culturally) equal, and they would prefer that rather than minorities confronting the real social issues that hold them back (or the native population keeping foreigners out, because of any popular recognition of social issues) they prefer instead to make the Whites guilty, and the Coloureds angry. This way, nothing changes. A form of stability permitting cheap labour, -possessing wage deflation effects, is reached. If wages aren’t rising, then the cost of goods can, whilst the net effect is national inflation at the same level as if wages had risen (but the cost of goods-services not go up as much). Just an educated guess!!!

edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
To the poster who said SOME help is acceptable...

NO IT ISN'T!!!

PERIOD end of story !!!

there is nothing right about the american negro college fund or affirmative action it is not in fact COVERT racism it is IN YOUR FACE WITH A BULLHORN racism. And beyond that it is one of the major contributors to the strained race relations of today. It is what Payless shoes calls a BOGO for the powers that be. BOGO for sane people by the way stands for BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!!1

Not only do they ANGER (legitimatelly on Every level I might add) those that LOSE out to less qualified less capable people. But they also create a line of demarcation that blatantly SCREAMS this guy is different!!! and he is getting treated better becuse of nothing but his skin color. And on the flip side it creates a LEGAL and INTELLECTUAL PRECEDENT (our legal system and the human condition are precedent based just FYI) for entitlement issues by minorities. (and boy do they get mad when someone makes a point and starts up a white only college fund or a white guy applies at a black business then sues when he is turned down FOR BEING WHITE) The commentary you hear from other minorities goes something along the lines of well affirmative action is there to HELP US keyword there kimosabe US NOT THEM... keyword again you have now divided one population into two factions.

So lets dissect some logic real quick here on the american negro college fund... the logic of any and all race based sholarships is to give that group more opportunity....

Last time i checked the scholarships that whites supposedly monopolize are open to anyone !!! OH but whites seem to get more of them especially the private ones that aren't fed or state ran why doesn't affirmative action apply to those too!!!

ENTITLEMENT rears its ugly head again....

ad infitum ad nausea I mean nauseum for those of you that scored lower on tests and were less qualified but now have my job and got my scholarship you can copy paste the words into google and it will explain what this all means for you.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I think this thread is a baiting excerise and grossly misrepresents the argument here.

The far-left is just as bad as the far-right. I think everyone agrees with that.

However, to suggest that the far-left are the only ones practicing positive discrimination is laughable. What most people don't seem to realise (this will expain a few things about many of my comments), is that 'fascism' is practiced at both ends of the political spectrum. It's just rare that we get to call someone "fascist left-wing scum"!

Negative discrimination and positive discrimination are two sides of the same discriminatory coin. The selection of people for any homogenous issue, using heterogenous or should I say demographically based characteristics is just plain wrong.

The left / right argument is largely farcical now - given that both ends of the spectrum are now subject to providing erroneous / illogical founding ideas.

I am of the belief that the OP has an 'axe to grind' in dragging the far-left-wing's image down to that of the idiot far-right. Whether it's well intentioned or not, I think it's definitely flawed thinking.

Parallex.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Parallex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So much inaccuracy going on here.

I won't bombard the fun here though, have fun Righties. This is your thread

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by Misoir
Affirmative Action is most definitely Hard-Core Racism. That is the government publicly placing individuals into groups based upon ethnicity and giving certain groups more rights and privileges over another group, that is not just racist it is wrong.

I love it when I see an openly and actively liberal commentator such as yourself (my assumption based on your past posts) say things like this. It helps to break the myth that all "left-wingers" have the same opinion about these sorts of thing.

I am of the same opinion. Help people when they need it, but remove the crutches after a time to let them walk on their own.

We've got massive unemployment now, sinking wages, two wars, and the rights of Americans get picked away by growing rights of corporations. I see all kinds of problems with Affirmative action; when 1 in 5 kids is growing up in poverty, and 1 in 7 families are poor -- and meanwhile, some CEO who has done nothing much than turn his company into chum for sharks gets a few million in compensation a year for no apparent skill other than outsourcing -- yeah, I have to wonder a lot about what private club of privilege they come from.

I'm a white guy -- but I've never been kicked out of a job because some minority got an easy pass. If you are on a lower wage job -- maybe you have. Jobs that suck have to be fought over. But higher level jobs are all about making connections. Affirmative action doesn't MAKE people get a job -- it puts a company in trouble if it cannot prove that the "non ethnic" person has less skills.

But the REAL PROBLEM, is workers coming in with H1-B visas, where the Qualifications are bogusly high, and they allow them to submit a bogus resume for skills so that they can pay them half what they pay an American worker. It isn't about ethnicity; It's about LOWERING WAGES and raising it for the Executive class where there IS THE MOST RAMPANT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: Rich people get CEO jobs.

Affirmative Action is most definitely Hard-Core Racism. That is the government publicly placing individuals into groups based upon ethnicity and giving certain groups more rights and privileges over another group, that is not just racist it is wrong.

>> Is this old myth really troubling white Americans? Someone always knows their brother's friend who knows this guy who had it happen to them. It happens -- but only for the crappy jobs.

Are people really concerned about this? Or is it that the threat of "illegal workers" isn't keeping people pissed off enough to worry about the border with Mexico? Maybe it's just important to keep white people in the middle class angry, and looking everywhere for the explanation of their darkening future by finding someone darker to blame...
... Globalization is why you don't have a job that pays enough to raise a family. The media is full of shills who talk about "tax breaks" when history shows investment goes up when the wealthy are taxed more. You cannot FILL a deficit by lowering taxes -- they have not and never have "paid for themselves."

This country was founded WITHOUT an income tax -- only the WEALTH landholders who could make money on a business, and tariffs were needed. Corporations have gone from paying 40% of the tax burden in the 1960s to 6-9% of it today. People are getting tricked into blaming someone for stealing their lousy, low-paying job, onto Affirmative Action. This is a lot like worrying about the bad paint job you got on your house when it's burnt to the ground by an invading army.

Whining about getting passed over for a job because you THINK it might be from Affirmative Action, when the economy is collapsing is silly. More jobs are getting shipped offshore than are filled by African-Americans -- and the people who think this is an issue are likely the people who VOTED in the bastards that voted for Free Trade, low corporate taxes and a lack of infrastructure maintenance.

There might be one or two liberals who are still concerned about this -- but look around; Democrats are pro-business now. Do you ever hear them on TV promoting a Union or "gasp" and end to war? The tree-hugger is getting put on the terror suspect list -- they are NOT a threat to you. Democrats don't even argue for more Gun Laws. The NRA members are freaking out more because gun laws are getting lax in Black and Latin areas of the country -- they always just thought that WHITE PEOPLE were going to be armed.

>> Blame yourselves people. You've been too worried that some "minority" was going to get some privilege that YOU USED TO GET, and forgot to look out for EVERYBODY. Stupid, angry, selfish people -- you did not look out for Latin Americans when are bogus wars were used to steal their resources. You did not care that Iraqis had nothing to do with 9/11. Now you whine like babies because you can't get a job --- well, you voted for those lap dogs because you were voting for Gods, Guns and Gay issues.

The joke is on you now.

So go ahead and worry about Affirmative Action. It's kind of like worrying about which slave has better looking chains.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
So much inaccuracy going on here.

I won't bombard the fun here though, have fun Righties. This is your thread

>> In the 1980's, I remember Pat Robertson's group scaring Christians about the growing threat of "Devil worshippers and rock music." Most of those "death metal bands" were entertaining their kids in a way that would most threaten uptight parents -- it was mostly a big joke.

But yeah -- I don't know why I bother commenting on this. It's like putting up a fence to keep out elves and fairies. People worrying about affirmative action when states are firing teachers and police left and right is a very odd thing.

But, since we wore our green socks on Saint Patricks day, we haven't been attacked by Leprechauns all year -- right?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kj6754
[

Why is there a "race" section on employment applications?

Is there? I didnt know that. Im speechless. Big thumbs down.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
23refugee - my apologies. I don't usually indulge in seeming ridicule.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Most of us are not opposed to women and blacks and latinos getting a few advantages. Since their circumstances are, traditionally, more difficult, SOME help is acceptable.

But what? How?

Problem is, the deck is stacked at every level. And the big guys at the top who hold all the cards worth having are exceptionally good at diversionary tactics, and turning us against one another. The divide and conquer gambit. Works every time.

...Most of us are nice and friendly without the Government forcing us to be. Its the enforcement of friendliness that makes me angry. Because it creates just the opposite of what its intended to create.

True. You can't legislate friendliness, kindness, compassion, awareness OR wisdom.

Because it is one of Billions of examples how well-intended idiots mess things up.

FACTS:

* The deck is stacked.
* The big guys at the top hold all the cards.
* The little guys at the bottom fight over the left-overs and crumbs.

What do you do? ...Besides legislate the equitable distribution of crumbs?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Why is it absurd to think that the blacks that are not in poverty have lifted themselves out of poverty? If not them, who did?

The absurdity is the assertion (go reread your initial quote) that blacks have largely lifted themselves out of poverty. I provided evidence that the level of poverty has hardly changed at all in thirty years. I also take issue with the argument that racism is 100 years in the past, because slavery is over 100 years in the past. You never responded to (or acknowledged) this which is why I questioned your interest in honest debate.

I believe these arguments are the basis for your contention that "affirmative action" is a form of subtle racism. As such, they should be addressed before I would feel compelled to address that contention. I actually believe such arguments actually represent subtle racism themselves. I'm pretty sure any african-americans over 55, who lived through the civil rights era would find both statements offensive and lacking even short term historical perspective.

Try again.

edit on 19-9-2010 by joechip because: grammar

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Many academic institutions still have policies that extend automatic acceptance to the children of past alumni. Example; John McCain's acceptance at Annapolis because of his fathers past attendance at the academy.

I agree. If we take pro-sports as an example of what makes a winning team, the same principles go for what makes a winning company or country. When a sports team is assembled not according to reputation or skin colour or who his parents are but only according to current performance, you have a winning team.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

I think this thread is a baiting excerise and grossly misrepresents the argument here.

The far-left is just as bad as the far-right. I think everyone agrees with that.

No. This specific type of stupdity can only be borne in the mind of a person who has been conditioned to see people as oppressed victims...in other words, someone who has been reading too much far-left literature.

The racism of the far-right is of a different sort. To imply that they are the similar or the same is an attempt to obfuscate the effects of far-left thinking.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

I am saying that I think blacks have been able to lift themselves out of poverty in the last 100 years and would generally be able to do so in the future too. Are you disagreeing with that?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What they forget to tell you was that Affirmative Action started under Richard Nixon, although I agree that he was a hard-core racist.

Listen to these tapes from the Oval Office.

Nixon backed affirmative action not because he liked blacks. Just the opposite, it was part of his Southern Strategy to play off working class whites against minorities. Republicans are still doing this today, of course.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

FACTS:

* The deck is stacked.
* The big guys at the top hold all the cards.
* The little guys at the bottom fight over the left-overs and crumbs.

What do you do? ...Besides legislate the equitable distribution of crumbs?

I can offer an alternative view of the world that is not the victim & oppressor view: . In our day and age, anyone can get to the top and anyone at the top can fall to the bottom. Thats a fact of everyday Business Life. You can read it in the news every day. Im not saying its easy, but its not impossible.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join