It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad talks with Syrian ally before journey to U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad talks with Syrian ally before journey to U.S.

edition.cnn.com

(CNN) -- On his way to the United States, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad took time Saturday to meet with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, a key ally in the Islamic republic's confrontation with the West.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israeli-Palestinian peace talks "show-off, ineffective": Iranian MP
english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
OK so here we go....

He wants to play nice. Good, now the Hikers they have been holding for about a year or more can be released. The article goes on to mention their release and the US releasing some Iranians the US has in their custody.

Seems like a simple tit for tat or is it?......

Ahmadinejad is expected to arrive in the United States on Sunday, the same day as American hiker Sarah Shourd returns home after a 14-month detention in a Tehran jail.

Ahmadinejad discussed Shourd in a televised address Friday, saying that her release was a unilateral gesture made without any promise of a quid pro quo, but that doesn't mean Iranian officials wouldn't appreciate a similar act from the United States.

"We have no expectations," he told IRINN. "But naturally, morally, the expectation would be that the U.S. government would take a step to release a number of Iranians

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: I felt like mashing the keyboard some more with my fat hairy knuckles to correct a typo

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
LOL @ "HIKERS"

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

edit on Sat Sep 18 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

but that doesn't mean Iranian officials wouldn't appreciate a similar act from the United States.

And they still hold her fellow hikers. Kidnapping for ransom is what he proposes.

Does he really think they are going to allow known terrorist leaders to be exchanged for these hikers?

Ahmadinejad is such a bad guy, it seems like a total act. As long as Iran is made out to be the bad guy, the PTB can continue to pretend that it isn't the Saudis who fund worldwide jihad.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You people honestly believe these people were hiking? on the iran iraq boarder? lol. I'm sure if they really were spies, the media would make that known right away. lol

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Where, pray, is your evidence that they weren't hikers?

People do strange things all the time. Up to and including hiking where they shouldn't.

edit on 9/18/2010 by seagull because: Can't spell today.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm just saying, the media says they were hikers, where is your proof that they were just hikers? Who the hell goes hiking on the iran iraq boarder? Maybe they were just hikers, but the media is sure using it to pull on the heart strings of people to create more anti-iran sentiment. I always question what I'm told by the MSM. Which is zionist controlled.

edit on 18-9-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You obviously don't know how a debate works.

The person that chooses to go against the topic in question must be the first to post proof against said topic.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'm still a little fuzzy on where exactly the US picked up these Iranians that he would like see released? Here in the states? Iraq? where?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You're the one saying they aren't. Up to you to prove your hypothesis, not us to disprove...

Now, about that evidence?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
One of many articles about covert action by the CIA going on in Iran.

blogs.abcnews.com...

The first thing people should think is that they were spies, IMO. To tell you the truth I really dont care lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You say you question everything that MSM tells you, why not for the story you posted allegedly proving they were spies? Oh, I know why. You don't question it because it reinforces your opinion, to hell with facts and research. It was probably the first and only source you searched and found.

This proves nothing. Try again.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You know what I find funny?

Is that when the American MSM releases something that puts Iran or any other country in a bad light it's deemed propaganda from the powers that be.

However when it releases a story like the one you posted then it's deemed a qualified source.

edit on 18-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: I wanted to.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

well it is confirm-able. The Iraq-Iran boarder is 1 huge mountain wall, so hikers can be a feasible situation

edit on 18-9-2010 by BiGGz because: grammar

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You're kidding, right?

You distrust the msm, yet to prove your point you use the msm.

So, in retrospect, when you said you distrust the main stream media, what you really meant was: You disagree/distrust only when it doesn't suit your agenda...

Cool.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

OH boy, here we go again, questions from people who have no clue what is going on in the adventure tourism industry. Frankly, I'm rather tired of pointing this out, so I will just "advise" to do a search on it. Plenty of information about the reasons why many (from around the world) would choose to go backpacking in Kurdistan at this time.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I still haven't found a real source on the Iranians held by the US?.
Does anybody have more details on who they are and when they were taken? Were they taken in a tit for tat move? That could possibly shed some light on the story.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
An interesting perspective: A Mountain Of Trouble from Outside Magazine contributor who also traveled to the same area to ask the questions about what *may have happened and why.

edit on 18-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The last I heard, which was some time ago, they're tourists who strayed across the border into Iran. So far as I know, which isn't a whole lot, totally innocuous. They're being used as a political pawn, or three.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join