It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to talk to my Grandpa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
OK so long story short me and my family lived in North Carolina, and we came up to MICHIGAN because we wanted to move there(here), and also to visit my grandpa. Well while we were staying with him looking around town for houses for sale he passed away while running some arrons outside of the house. We decided to move in since this was the house my mom grew up in with my Grandpa.
We were so close and he was just the greatest person ever. My mom was also very close to him as well.

My question is I would like to try out one of those Ghost boxes with my mom and prove her wrong because she doesn't believe in any of this paranormal stuff. I know that if we made contact with him she would be shocked. Is this safe? He wasnt violent, had no record aka he would be a good spirit.

Would it be best to do it in our house were he lived? Is the ghost box the best thing to do? He didn't die inside the house.

Thanks so much for reading this, its nice to have people that will listen to you and not just pass you off as crazy

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
First off, I am sorry for your loss.

You said that your grandfather was a goodspirited fellow, I would let him rest. I know that it is hard to let go of loved ones and the need to reconnect with them can be quite strong. But I think in this case you should not go playing with things you do not understand. Leave the "ghost box" alone and cherish the memories around you in your grandfathers house. I am not going to pretend to be an expert on the paranormal, but my gut tells me that this might not be the wisest of choices.

*NOTE*
the above is nothing more than MY unqualified OPINION.

Respectfully,

~meathead

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ghost box? As in spirit board? Stay away from those. They are bad business.

There is a reason for the abyss between the living and the dead. Don't try to pull them over to our side.
Leave them in peace where they are. If THEY want to get ahold of you, they will figure out a way.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

There is a reason for the abyss between the living and the dead. Don't try to pull them over to our side.
Leave them in peace where they are. If THEY want to get ahold of you, they will figure out a way.

A ghost box is like a radio where it cycles through all the stations extremely fast. And you can talk back and fourth with spirits. Search youtube for them.

Hope that clears things up.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gpena

I don't think a ghost box is the way to go. If you are serious, consult with a psychic medium. There are some *real* ones out there, I've had the experience myself (consultation). It is an exhausting ordeal for them I am told, so they do require compensation.

I'm so sorry about your grandfather. Blessings.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I recently lost my grandpa too, and I did make contact with him! But it wasn't by my choice, he came to me, and I knew it was him, but he was in his first form, his spirit was different from his body, and I could not see him, just feel him.

Everything happened by chance really, I was fasting because I was fed up with the world and that's when I spoke to him. He was paired with my Grandmother, they were two beings in one, which at first I thought was strange, but now, it makes sense, because they were soulmates.

If you wish to make contact with any being from the other side, then I would advise you begin to cut down your food intake for like 2 weeks, eating little to nothing, and then go on a full fast for 3 days, just with juice and water to drink, you should also stay up the first night that you fast, do not sleep at all, do kundalini or physical activity like hoola hooping, do something to work your core, I suggest hoola hooping because it is easiest and most fun. Listen to music while you are entering the trance like state. Keep focused, and try your hardest to remember the FEELING you got whenever your spirit interacted with your Grandfather, it is best to make contact alone with some near by in another room who is not participating, or to have two people fasting together. You must be comfortable with yourself, and know your own mental thoughts and bounds. If you lose touch with yourself, then that can open way for possession.

Trust me, I almost got possessed the first time I did this, so please be very careful!

Stay positive and focus on the purest and strongest love you have ever known. If you do that, then you will be fine!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Think of it this way.

If there is an afterlife then you and your mom will be reunited with your grandfather eventually anyway and your moms doubts about it will not matter.
Talking to him now won't make any difference to that and any attempt to contact a spirit might leave you open to being contacted by other things that are not your grandfather

If there isn't an afterlife then by the time you find out about it, it won't matter anyway.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I can certainly sympathize with you -- my wife died suddenly about six months ago, and I would so very much like to hear from her, but I agree with others in the thread who say that this is a dangerous idea, and you have no way of knowing what might happen, and if you did hear something, whether it was truly from him.

That said, if you stay open to it, spend time in quiet contemplation, prayer or meditation, I believe that you may find him reaching out to you. My wife has been with me a number of times since her passing -- I have felt her presence, seen things happen that cannot be explained in another fashion, and I know that the love that we shared, just like the love that you had for your Grandpa, survives our temporary separation.

You may find this website interesting, I certainly did. After Death Communication

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Whats the point overall?

If you did actually make contact with granddad...you would potentially become addicted to contacting the whole family tree.
Your life would suddenly be focusing in on death verses living now...if Granddad is there, he would want you to live life to the fullest, because he of all people would know that it goes soo fast...so why spend considerable time and resources trying to focus in on death...it will come.

Finally...meh...just do it...what can it hurt. Your going to do it anyhow no matter what some random person on the net tells you. If anything of interest comes up, make sure to record it and publish the findings here...just make sure to be specific so that a hit is a proper hit verses something you can simply intepret as possibly relating...
ask for dates, colors, etc...write questions down beforehand that have very specific answers...gotta test the authenticity.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thank you all for your advise.

Im thinking that I just might hold of and do some more research. But as the poster above said Yes, I will end up just doing it.

I will document it though.

Whats the best way to communicate beside meditating?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I would advise you to stear clear, I do know from experience that these things kind of work, Main reason i wouldnt attempt this is as follows...

If your Grandpa (RIP) was a peacefull soul then he should pass over, If you attempt to contact him you could trap him here, Let him go and talk to him in your mind/thoughts

Back when i was a child my sisters friend attempted something like this, And it didnt go as she had hoped

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Yes, that's correct.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Let me first say how sorry I am for your loss. Your love for him comes shining through in that post.

About Ghost Boxes though, wile I do believe in ghosts, having had several encounters, I do not put very much stalk into ghost boxes. There is just way to much chance for coincidence. I mean, you are scanning radio waves, picking up radio frequencies that are used by all kinds of people, so chances are, anything you pick up, will be man made, and not super natural. Well, that is my humble opinion on ghost boxes anyway.

If you wish to talk to him, and assuming he is hanging around the house, I think you would have better luck with a tape recorder. Ask questions, give about 30 seconds ( to allow for an answer) before asking anything else.

Or even more, where he is, I have no doubt he can hear you. Speak to him! Make it known that you want to talk with him. Maybe ask him to come in a dream, or whatever medium would be easiest for him to come through.

I do not know if anything will happen, and really chances are, nothing will, but if you try, I think you will have better luck with the ideas I suggested than you would with a ghost box.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That post helped me a lot.

I think I will just try and talk to him when I'm alone in the house with him.
I really like the tape recorder Idea. And if nothing comes up I will just ask him if he can show himself or have him appear in a dream of mine.

I hope I can make some contact

Who knows,if anything extraordinary happens I will be sure to post it here you can guarantee

Thanks everyone so much!.

edit on 19-9-2010 by gpena because: Spelling

top topics

join