It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is happiness to you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
like why do you live your life? i know you still hope for something right? just your opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Happiness is a warm gun

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
in all honesty, the reason for my existence is to see armaggedon/the end of the world/TSHTF. nothing would bring more happiness and meaning to my life than those.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Balance.
Understanding.
Wisdom.
Clarity.
Love.
Health.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
why? just for the experience itself.
why not? it's not like I have anything better to do.
happiness..... hmmm, completely subjective but as long as you choose your path it's a possibility

gj

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Simple things.

I smiled at a very pretty girl the other day and she smiled right back. That kind of happy is as old as humanity.

Trying to do something nice for others every day or making someone laugh can be infectious in a good way. It spreads happiness to people you'll never even meet. Finding a job that helps you do both is a fine ambition.

I'm probably 25% short of happiness, but I can live with that and it's a lot closer than most people get...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Happiness can be fleeting. The moment we step into Happiness people will be drawn in like moths to the flame because everyone is seeking Happiness. Inadvertently, these people extinguish or use-up our Happiness in their futile attempts at grasping it themselves. It doesn't mean they are overall bad people they just cannot help themselves and they haven't learned what Happiness is.

There are many formulas for Happiness. We discover them from the moment we are born. Each time our Happiness has passed we immediately begin to find any way possible at bringing it back again, so we devise new and exciting forms of Happiness. Sometimes it is the same formula over and over again until it no longer works, each time diminishing in its loving embrace, then we discard it and move onward in our never-ending quest.

Eventually, if we are lucky, something wells up inside of us and we realize we are Happiness, we are after all an expression of Life itself seeking Balance. So we no longer see Happiness outside of ourselves and we begin to draw on the Happiness that resides within us. Then we begin to spread the Happiness outward to anyone who will receive it.

Sadly, however, this is when Evil steps up, not to obtain the Happiness, but to destroy it at any cost. So it is very crucial that those that have Happiness within, and are prepared to deliver Happiness to others, that they should surround themselves with other Happy people. Together they create a shield against those that wish to destroy Happiness.

From my understanding the Balance of Happiness is failing with each passing moment. These are the times when it might be wise to hold onto any part of Happiness deep within you. Protect it and nurture it, because one day Happiness will finally rebound and spread Across the Universe.

Cheers!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95924ddbfd7b.jpg[/atsimg]

for your listening pleasure: Across the Universe!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Chemically induced joy

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by aqlpskwo
like why do you live your life? i know you still hope for something right?

I live my life to die. I hope for the freedom of death.
Deep enough? Yes, I'm serious. Think about it. It'll probably bake a few noodles here.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

happiness to me is a genuine smile, sincere eyes, thoughtful conversation, empathy, humor, and people who are open and receptive to speculative interpretations of reality, and those who are willing to share what it is they know.

but happiness encompasses more than just these things, and more often than not true happiness is not defined by the words appropriatley. words are an institution born of the biological obligations, but can evolve to be more. words do not contain all aspects of what happiness is.

-et

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I am going to have to agree with dennis leary on this one...

~meathead

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Doesn't really shock me. Depends what you mean 'tho.

To the Buddhist monks, life is preparation to death. But in the western world, it's viewed as somehow negative way of looking at things.

Everything is impermanent, so letting go of things and renewing yourself can bring some clarity and balance to life.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Flow.

The book Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience is a great read.

@FlyersFan - your local library likely has a copy. It won't be a waste of time.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Whenever I am able to let go of my ego as much as possible. That always feels like happiness to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

aqlpskwo,

What is happiness to me??

A well thought out, nicely presented thread with good material. (Are we so accustomed to one-line posts that we are no even taking one-line threads as acceptable?? Yeah, I know, it's relative.......
)

Okay, Happiness to me is ice cream!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
WorkOUT stress, before you attempt to work out life.

This was my route to happiness, i stopped trying to understand each experience, and instead started trying to notice how i felt about it, allowing my intuition to flourish, and "flow" along with any thoughts that occur, positive or negative.. i learnt to be resilient.

As in ~ stop fearing the consequences of stress, choose instead to feel inspired by the consequences of compassion, this will save you much heart ache, and much head ache.

As for the stamina required to maintain a positive state of being, remember this:

Be like a postage stamp; stick it till you get there.

It will all come naturally to you -fromwithinyou- soon enough. And again DON'T allow stress to hinder your progression forward. The grounding will always come from below the mind, and the mind will always be supported by what is essential to Your natural background (joy).
Peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Mindcrime is cynically grounded, in this thread, try seeing above. Observe below.

This Is Not a 1 line post!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

To me:

Happiness = A garage, some tools, a can of beer, my dog and a motorcycle.
Happiness = My acoustic, an amplifier and the satisfaction of learning another song. (after 20yrs of playing)

Or just the simple things like a fresh morning dew in the grass while sittin on my porch with a cup of coffee.

Happiness is what you make it.
With all the crazy things happening and the lows I've been to before, I try to be as happy as possible.
Sometimes I'm not.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
For me Happiness is a warm gun...

When I hold you in my arms

And when I feel my finger on your trigger

I know nobody can do me no harm

In all seriousness though.... just simple things.... simple things give me the most pleasure.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For me, happiness is the absence of other people. Alone in the wilderness, stunning scenery, wildlife, skies ..... and no-one else but me
Only time I can really relax.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Essan because: typo

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join