It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Military website warns you are being monitored

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
gcic.af.mil...

Check it out, It seems to be some sort of military search engine..I'll explore it a little, let me know if anyone else finds anything interesting.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I got this:

Should I be scared?

edit on 18/9/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hmmmm I'm getting warned not to go in..............but I must see!

Peace.
ALS

Well I went for it, this is what I got:

You are accessing a U.S Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG. By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:

The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counter-intelligence (CI) investigations.

At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS. Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG-authorized purpose. This IS includes security measures (e.g., authorization and access controls) to protect USG interests--not for your personal benefit or privacy.

Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, pyschotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential.

edit on 18-9-2010 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I'm too scared to even go that far, I'll sit high up in the tree, clutching a rock to throw at the scary while all the young males and kids poke it with sticks and stuff.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hmmmm it seem to be some sort of intelligence data hub.

My brain is screaming stay away but I am very, VERY intrigued!

Lets hope curiosity don't kill this cat.

Peace.
ALS

edit on 18-9-2010 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Hrmm, it seems to me to be a gov test dummy site.

No valid certificate, a disclaimer that it is used to such purposes etc.

Why not?

Don't hack it if you aren't with the usgov. ?! Or do hack it and gloat how easy it was !!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I don't know.

I seems like a public site, you can even follow them on facebook and twitter.

I don't know what to make of it.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hmmm ... I'm not even getting that far

Here's what I'm getting when I attempt to access that url:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d732ce4586d5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've been through the hole sitemap for the OP page and cannot find anything listed with the same sub page name. I'm thinking ya'll might be backdooring into a government site.

Oh and on their main page they list "cybercrime", as something they deal with.

Just a heads up.

edit on 9/18/10 by Hefficide because: tired, repeated myself

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I've done some snooping but haven't seen anything of intrest (or anything that will get me in trouble).

Still think i'm gonna stay away from it now.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Hmmm ... I'm not even getting that far

Here's what I'm getting when I attempt to access that url:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d732ce4586d5.jpg[/atsimg]

I got that error message above using Opera which is my preferred browser.
So thought I'd try to access it using IE8 ... no good ... same unavailability message being displayed ... bummer

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by badw0lf

I don't know.

I seems like a public site, you can even follow them on facebook and twitter.

I don't know what to make of it.

The main site is public, not sure about the non www one however. They are both owned by the same place however, and as it states

You are accessing a U.S Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG

The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing

network operations and defense

It kinda says to me that they are aware of it as used as an area for testing, but will not limit it to internal concept of attack and blatantly state that Anyone who accesses it will be considered accessing a real and live server.

That's just my take on it. I dont see it as secret. More a dude standing at arms at a gate with a sign saying DO NOT ENTER, while he's just wearing flip flops, a Hawaiian shirt and a fancy hat.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I've been through the hole sitemap for the OP page and cannot find anything listed with the same sub page name. I'm thinking ya'll might be backdooring into a government site.

Oh and on their main page they list "cybercrime", as something they deal with.

Just a heads up.

edit on 9/18/10 by Hefficide because: tired, repeated myself

That was my feeling also when I mained the web site. No obvious links to the non www site.

We're all doomed!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Well I went for it, this is what I got:

You are accessing a U.S Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG. By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:

The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counter-intelligence (CI) investigations.

At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS. Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG-authorized purpose. This IS includes security measures (e.g., authorization and access controls) to protect USG interests--not for your personal benefit or privacy.

Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, pyschotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential.
I would stay off that website if I were you. It seems like by simply visiting that website and forming a connection with their server, that gives them permission to perform security tests on (hack into) your PC and all sorts of other crap.

edit on 18/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
On another note, Ive never seen this ufo photo before.
www.icehouse.net...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Whenever I see that message "Get me out of here!". I run away run away run away run away! lol
We are Orcs in the land of Mordor, we dance along the corridor, so lock up your wife and daughter.....

Sorry - I'm just feeling a bit funny today!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

To late now.....oops

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
On another note, Ive never seen this ufo photo before.
www.icehouse.net...

Did you find that on the site?

or are you just way off topic?

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by Chadwickus

I'm too scared to even go that far, I'll sit high up in the tree, clutching a rock to throw at the scary while all the young males and kids poke it with sticks and stuff.

"Poke it with sticks and stuff"
- That's funny. I won't go to a site that has any kind of warning, either. Once, I stumbled onto one by accident and it still scares me to this day.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I just got a message from twitter "Now Survival Sun is following you on Twitter"! WTH? I've only went there 1 or 2 times. Well I'm not opening that one !

edit on 1892010 by Starbug3MY because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join