It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of the US Civil and Military Flags

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Researching the subject I could not find actual sources to prove or disprove either conspiracy; just two different arguments over the same conspiracy.

This is history's claim of the first US flag to be issued representing the 13 colonies.

This being the overall disputed civil peace time flag that was meant for US peace time and supposedly symbolized civilian government; that was also later adopted by the US customs bureau.

And this one of course being the disputed "military" flag that is now flown nationwide and universally used due to the fact the military flag is theoretically representing military maritime or "admiralty" law on land since its said conception in 1913.

I however, have decided to not side with either theory as neither side has referenced credible sources, but merely speculation. I was hoping the intelligent community of ATS may be able to help decipher myth from history and fact from fiction.

The different theories on the conspiracy can be researched below:

Anti-Conspiracy

Pro-Conspiracy

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The second Ensign, or Flag, is actually the US Coast Gaurd Ensign (Then Customs). It was designed to show Coast Gaurd vessels (Customs) had the authority to board and inspect vessels at sea.

U.S. Ensigns (Flags)

US Flags

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
The second Ensign, or Flag, is actually the US Coast Gaurd Ensign (Then Customs). It was designed to show Coast Gaurd vessels (Customs) had the authority to board and inspect vessels at sea.

U.S. Ensigns (Flags)

US Flags

Yes, that is correct, I had forgotten that before it became the customs flag. Good call.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

No worries.. I have seen this issue pop up now and again. The one issue im curious about is the American Seal, the Eagle holding arrows in one talon, and an olice branch in the other. All the research I have seen reflects the Eagle is turned toward the arrows during times of war, and turned towards the olive branch in times of peace.

Never have been able to find a difinitive answer on that one yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The "Gold Fringe" US flag. I really enjoy this one.

Look at this thread for a very good explanation of the gold fringe flag.

It will be interesting if others chime in on this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Gold fringe is supposed to denote Military Rule (Martial Law) If I remeber right.. I wanted to guess before reading your link.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by hinky

Gold fringe is supposed to denote Military Rule (Martial Law) If I remeber right.. I wanted to guess before reading your link.

I thought it was to symbolize admiralty law (maritime laws) law of the water and commercial corporate law. I guess that's a conspiracy on all on its own.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

YES it is.

and, yes it is....

Like I said originally, I really enjoy the flag conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here is a link to the picture of the actual Sons of Liberty Flag in the Boston Historical Society flown from the Liberty Tree in Boston.

www.rumormillnews.com...

WHY ARE THERE NO PHOTOS OF THE SONS OF LIBERTY FLAG ON THE INTERNET?

Posted By: Rayelan [Send E-Mail]
Date: Wednesday, 5-Mar-2008 17:46:41
This is a photo of the Sons of Liberty Flag. It was taken by a National Geographic photographer for the July 1936 Edition of National Geographic.

When I started searching for a photograph or a drawing of the Sons of Liberty flag on the internet, there were NONE. A friend ordered the 1936 National Geographic for me so I could actually SEE the Sons of Liberty flag. Up until I received the National Geographic, the Sons of Liberty flag was like a myth.

Why is this symbol of FREEDOM not on the internet?

It's my belief that this flag has POWER...

REVOLUTIONARY SIZE POWER!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This has always been a subject of great interest to me and I have read a lot about the laws governing our flags. Interestingly enough, if you follow the United States Codes governing the laws of the flags every indication is that yes the gold fringed flag is a military flag and yes it does indicate "Admiralty Law".

The reason for this is that admiralty law is the law of the sea and it is also, of the three recognized laws stated within the Constitution, the law that is used when engaged in contracts with foreign nations and on the sea. The Constitution states that the United States laws or based on common law and equity law and that admiralty law is reserved for the law of the seas and for foreign matters.

Several US Codes make it clear as to the designation of different flag designs and when they are to be flown. Our flag is defined in Title 4 sec. 1. U.S.C., "The flag of the United States shall be thirteen horizontal stripes, alternate red and white; and the union of the flag shall be forty-eight stars, white in a blue field."

Pursuant to U.S.C. Chapter 1, 2, and 3; Executive Order No. 10834, August 21, 1959, 24 F.R. 6865, a military flag is a flag that resembles the regular flag of the United States, except that it has a YELLOW FRINGE, bordered on three sides. The President of the United states designates this deviation from the regular flag, by executive order, and in his capacity as COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF of the Armed forces.

When you walk into a courtroom or government building and see the gold fringed military flag you are put on notice that you are in a Admiralty Court and that you are under the jurisdiction of admiralty law. This power is as extensive upon land as upon water. In the Us Supreme Court case of Propeller Genessee Chief et al. v. Fitzhugh et al. in 1851 the court ruled the following:

"This power is as extensive upon land as upon water. The Constitution makes no distinction in that respect. And if the admiralty jurisdiction, in matters of contract and tort which the courts of the United States may lawfully exercise on the high seas, can be extended to the lakes under the power to regulate commerce, it can with the same propriety and upon the same construction, be extended to contracts and torts on land when the commerce is between different States. And it may embrace also the vehicles and persons engaged in carrying it on. It would be in the power of Congress to confer admiralty jurisdiction upon its courts, over the cars engaged in transporting passengers or merchandise from one State to another, and over the persons engaged in conducting them, and deny to the parties the trial by jury. Now the judicial power in cases of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction, has never been supposed to extend to contracts made on land and to be executed on land. But if the power of regulating commerce can be made the foundation of jurisdiction in its courts, and a new and extended admiralty jurisdiction beyond its heretofore known and admitted limits, may be created on water under that authority, the same reason would justify the same exercise of power on land."

Gold fringed flags fly in all of our schools, courts, and state and federal office buildings as well as on all of our military bases. Under what is called international law, the law of the flag, a shipowner who sends his vessel into a foreign port gives notice by his flag to all who enter into contracts with the shipmaster that he intends the law of the flag to regulate those contracts with the shipmaster that he either submit to its operation or not contract with him or his agent at all. Since the USSC ruled that jurisdiction of admiralty law extends to land as well as water then you are being put on notice anytime you enter a place where the admiralty flag is flown that you under the jurisdiction of admiralty law.

I wrote a thread about a month ago on the encroachment of admiralty law, and tied the admiralty flag into it.

Thread

Im glad to see that more people are aware of this.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Pursuant to U.S.C. Chapter 1, 2, and 3; Executive Order No. 10834, August 21, 1959, 24 F.R. 6865, a military flag is a flag that resembles the regular flag of the United States, except that it has a YELLOW FRINGE,

Except that executive order does not mention the word fringe, or yellow....

So why claim it does?
www.archives.gov...
edit on 12-6-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

top topics

join