It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, I'm a beginner at contacting the paranornal, any tips please??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hi, since a few years ago I've tried to contact the other side via a graveyard except the very first time I felt a malevolent spirit try to take over me, but since then it's been almost a benevolent that seems to turn up since then except very recently I've felt more alone than in spirit with anyone else when trying to contact them. Except I'm more aware and more alert & that I want to make more contact now than before, except that less contact seems to happen the more I try. Any advice from any supposed channellers please... thanks!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
anyone with experience at this level of contact that can help ???

If nobody can reply then nobody has ever learnt anything about the spirit world who visits this website (which would be very sad)

edit on 17-9-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Be patient, you will get some responses, some may actually help.

My advice would be stay away from that crap, but that's just me.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Essentially, your guides are filtering who you want to contact. People attract a lot of crazies. They can all be sent away though. If you talk to any entity, it is wise to be sober and at your wits. No one can substitute for that.

This is a relevant quotation from my favorite book, War in Heaven by Kyle Griffith, lifelong medium:

(Chapter One)

"31 Did you ever wonder why practically all mediums communicate with the majority of spirits indirectly? Both the old-fashioned Spiritualist mediums and the New Age channeling mediums have spirit guides who assist them in finding and communicating with other spirits, but very few are willing to tell you bluntly why they have to operate this way. The reason is very simple: most spirits on the astral plane are in mental states that we'd label as insane or feeble-minded in a living person. They mumble in baby talk or rave like schizophrenics. Their thoughts ramble and get lost in time like those of a person with Alzheimer's disease. They contradict themselves as if their memories had been scrambled up with the contents of someone else's mind. And above all, they act sick, drunk, or drugged. Some say they are in severe pain; others are frightened; still others are calm, but it's the sickly calm of a person who has taken a heavy dose of morphine or Thorazine.

32 If you've experimented with Ouija boards, there's an excellent chance you've spoken to spirits in this condition. And though the mediumistic literature does mention frequent contacts with "lost souls," "earthbound spirits, "entities from the lower astral," etc., it rarely describes them in detail or reveals that the vast majority of spirits the mediums contact are in this category. The plain truth is that if you're going to accomplish anything at all as a medium, you have to work through a spirit guide.

33 A spirit guide is simply a spirit on the astral plane with sufficient mental stability and psychic powers to communicate easily with a particular medium, and who is willing to form a personal relationship. Another thing to look for between the lines of the literature: this relationship is often overtly sexual. A medium's spirit guide often receives some of the energy raised during physical sexual activity. Only the Eastern Tantric magicians and Western students of sex magic write and talk openly about this, but almost all mediums practice it."

a digital copy of this book is uploaded at the address www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
and you can also get in correspondance with the author

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Yeah, my tip is:
Don't

If you do, then you'll end up "learnt"ing the hard way that there's a reason we're not all in the same place. You keep minding your own business in your own habitiation and let them be in theirs.

Should you choose to disregard the above and be an univited guest, then you should expect and prepare for that to be reciprocated.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yes, Don't.
As a Christian (non-Catholic), I have always felt that you should not mess with stuff like this. Inviting something in is a bad idea. And you won't be able to tell if what you are contacting is "good" or "bad". So the safe thing is assume they are all bad. Why would you want to invite something bad into your life?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Want advice from someone very experienced in this stuff?

Don't.

Don't get involved, don't talk to them, don't even acknowledge their existence. You were either born with "the gift" or you weren't. By the sounds of it, you weren't, and you will only bring bad things upon yourself from messing with things that you don't understand. There's no sense in stepping into their world when there is no reason behind it. If you're doing it just for thrills or from what you have seen on TV, stop right there and push it out of your head. If you're doing it for some sort of enlightenment, don't waste your time. Read a book. Most of them are just castoffs that know nothing more about the world than you or I do.

I can't tell you what to do or even stop you from doing it, but take it from experience, it's not something you want to mess with, and it sounds like you aren't in the right frame of mind. Just be careful, whatever you decide to do.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

The easiest way is to die an horrific death that's so traumatic it forever leaves the Earth tainted with negative energy.

But if you're not up for that, I suggest eating cheese before bed.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Whine Flu because: you get mad dudes.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
There's a bit of fear in some of the responses here so far.

Firstly, ask yourself what is your Motivation? Do you wish to help heal and awaken these lost ones?

To put it simply OP, sit down, relax yourself, close your eyes and breathe. I also bring Light in through the top of my head and fill up with it.. very benefiicial as it turns you into a lightbulb in the darkness.

See signature link for how to do White Light method.. easy peasy.

So you're sitting, well lit inside and prepared. So "imagine" you can "scan" the vicinity around you with your eyes closed. Notice some darker and some brighter areas? So focus then on one of the Bright areas.. let it be what it will be, so just observe.

This is how I first find them in a business or house I have healed/cleared, and when working in my shop.

The Followers of Religion will tell you it is wrong to seek out the dead... and for some that may be correct.. I have them come to me most times.. but have never been afraid to look for them.

That's about the only practical suggestions I can make for you.

Well, except that if you hold some fear, then you may want to do a shielding around yourself once you have filled with Light.. although in a strict sense it is not necessary once you are empowered and thus aware that Love has to be your only response to any and all situations.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Tayesin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Don't expect things to be too dramatic. Like a ghostie or demon jumping up and saying, "Hi!" You could be contacted -- or infected -- in ways that are extremely subtle. Look for odd synchronicities and "coincidences." Look for ways that your stray thoughts start popping up in reality. Look for things that are out of the ordinary patterns of your life. What you may start to find it that you are being left clues rather than being engaged in a conversation.

It's a different kind of communication. In all communication, both parties filter the exchange of information through their own points of view. When you're communicating with something paranormal, they have to work around your own preconceptions and expectations, and that involves what might appear to be "trickery." But it's just presenting information in a way that you won't instinctually reject it.

So look for subtle things. Odd things. Probably nothing tremendously dramatic.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
experimenting with the occult can be fun, you will potentially experience some things that are difficult to explain.

I would recommend first off really building up healthy skepticism, else every slight breese will start to make you think its more than just a breese...learn the physical well so you can determine when something truely is out of place.

I cannot stress this enough...if you are unaware of nature, you will not be able to determine what is supernatural...science is your friend here.

with that said...meditation and other brain exercises is a good start...perhaps pick up a ouija board or a pendulim and work with those for awhile to open up your perceptions and train your mind to accept other things.

Move on from there wherever you feel your wanting to move...just keep in mind that all of this stuff may just be you manifesting it more than anything else...there is no proof of anything paranormal...else it wouldn't be in the paranormal realm...

finally, keep your head. Dont let these things completely run your life,..pretty sure the point of life is to live, not to spend most of it contacting a place your gonna end up in a few short years anyhow...just keep it in perspective..understand the point your trying to reach, and be your own moderator on what is a healthy hobby and investigation, and what is a obsession that is harming more than helping your life.

Your going to do it anyhow, so I really dont understand why people post in this thread not to do it...I think they just like reading their own words...or looking at their avatar or something.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Okay, here's a creepy
according to the book of enoch, there are no human ghosts
all that goes bump in the night, are the leftover souls from the giamts and other abominations that were created when the gods or fallen angels mated with woman back before the time of noah.
If that's true, you don't want contact.
You can find enoch online.
and here is some info also

www.thechronicleproject.org...

go to the scroll of adam..last page or two and also the book of Nakha (Noah)

After the flood, some of these energy beings were still so powerful that they could still kill you. They had mankind worship them until God had the really bad ones collected and bound to the abyss.
Interesting read.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Im a Medium and Paranormal Expert. I understand that desire to "want proof" of the spirit world. When I was a teenager I dabled in all sorts of things that I now know was very dangerous. Seances, Ouiji Boards, Open Circles etc.... Since you understand what it can cost you to dabble with the spirit world *(your evil spirit experience) I have to ask you why you think its worth risking it. Dark spirits can latch onto us and travel years with us draining our life forces and creating devestation into our lives. They are not worth the hassle. I dont recommend contacting anything at all- and here is why.

Unless you know how to tell the difference, and you wont by just a feeling, you will be sending out a distress call to all mischivious earthbound spirits, maybe a demon or two etc. Maybe some bored or lonely ones too. While you may feel lonely in your life now- reaching out to a lonely ghost is not going to help your situation at all I assure you! All it wil bring you is trouble, and while it may seem fun and innocent at first- It can get dangerous very fast. I have several clients who Ive helped with exorcisms because their "fun" went too far.

If you desire to seek further enlightenment with the spiritworld- then trying light EVP work at haunted locations (never in your home that opens a permenant portal). And release any attachments from you when you leave those locations, so they dont follow you home. While this is never fool proof- its largely successful.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Eh, I'm not scared of the dead. I decided this in recent years when I realised it's the living that are the ones that'll try to kill you.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
2 tips
1 - make sure your mind is cleared of any thoughts
2 - never use an ouia board.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Tip?

Yes.

Don't.

When you make contact, you'll be lied to. All you really need to know?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Hi, I'm a beginner at contacting the paranornal, any tips please??

Yeah, dont do it!

Best case scenario...

None of it is real and you are talking to yourself and look a bit silly

Worse case scenario...

It is all true and you wake the dead, unlocking powers you have no idea about with consequences that can stretch far beyond this lifetime!

Just my opinion... good luck whatever you choose!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The thing is, as far as I can tell from my personal experience, and that came mostly from grabbing ahold of something that was described to me as pure evil, the real answer that are desired about this topic are held by people who are not going to give them up either because they are scared or they are loyal. If you betray them they will kill you or put you in orison or something horrible.there may be some that have answers that have somehow overcome it, I don't know. I can tell you this. Its like grabbing ahold of an anchor. If you need a place e to start here is place it may not be the right one but it is a place.Take a cansdle and lay on your bed, also take anythind with a flat surface, not glass, example: a cerial box or a chip bag, basically anything puechasd, pictures too. With the candle there for lighting, which is important, begin slowly moving your object focusing on it carefully, as the shadows move they will reveal things. Like stores stars socks and shoes also names followed by a set of numbers. You open up the right store you may find the cure for cancer open the wrong on and you'll have a whole crap load of monkeys on your back, watch out for the jesters too, they really suck. And if you see anything that says Santa. Or anything close leave that one along. Watch for the arrows as well they may take you from one part of someone's number to the rest of it at the end of their. I.D. there will be a colon. You can't stay in on place to long because the sapphire devilled will come and change things around.

edit on 18-9-2010 by afirmation because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2010 by afirmation because: misspelled a word

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think it's good you went to a cemetary to try and explore the hereafter, this way you wanted to seperate your experiences from your home which is good. But if there are no relevatives at that particular cemetary you went, you have no business there. You wouldn't barge into some complete strangers' house now would you? Maybe the malevolent spirit was a guardian of someone else's family who was buried there.

So if you are going to explore, at least stick to your own family and if they want to share their contacts to show you something they will. Learn some manners and respect before you start doing these things, learn how to control your temper, know thyself so you will not get lost in the spirit world.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by john124
[mo

Go to an antique store get an old camera with the old flash cubes ,take with u an old picture frame with a picture of any one as long as it has a face and u should be able to actually carry your ghost home with u.

The old picture cube and camera should capture an image but if u want to carry the ghost with u just take a picture frame.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join