It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy Gun Gets Kid Banned From School For Two Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Praise Mao.

If there is one thing we must put a stop to, it’s the spread of gun ownership by the publik.

If children are allowed to play with toy guns, they might grow up to think that owning a real gun is OK.

This would be a tragedy.

In an effort to stop this from happening, the communists in charge of the Broward County school district have booted an 8 year old out of school for two years because he committed the great sin of bringing a toy gun to school.

From this, we can infer that communists definitely love uneducated unarmed serfs.

NBC reports:

Samuel Burgos has fond memories of his friends at school, but he only gets to see them in pictures now.

The 8-year-old boy hasn’t been in school for a year and will likely miss another year if the Broward County School Board has its way.

Burgos was suspended from school in November after a teacher found a toy gun in his backpack. But when the boy went to register to go back to Pembroke Pines Charter School, he was told he will be expelled for this school year, too, as part of the county’s zero tolerance weapons policy.

“He made a mistake, but why the severe punishment? I don’t understand that,” said Magdiel Burgos, Sam’s dad.

Magdiel doesn’t understand it because he simply hasn’t been properly indoctrinated.

Any true believer would immediately recognize the threat his child poses to the State and the pre-programmed drones it is trying to create.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Honestly, 2 years for an 8 year old having a toy? Wow. I think the school board left their critical thinking caps at home. They will allow him to go to a troubled child school? How is an 8 year old bringing a toy he is proud of troubled? I'm very curious why there trying to make an example of this child.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If i was that kid I’d probably bring a toy gun with me again when I went back after those two years vacation from the sad excuse we call public schooling.

He did really nothing wrong IMO, yes i can see the issue of toy guns lead to real guns but in all honesty how many of us thought it was ok to shoot or teacher's or mother's because they gave us a toy gun. As his parent's I’d home school him to the best of my abilities and keep him out of that environment of de-creativity.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It depends on the kind of toy gun he had. If it was a water gun or something harmless then sure maybe some helping clean the school later but if it was a weapon such as a BB gun then i could understand some more severe but even for that 2 YEARS? The schools are screwed up these days.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is just insuring the white sheep are controlled and unquestioning consumers while the black sheep are promising wards for the prison industrial complex. Education is important. The children are the future. They should be trained in their respective, assigned roles as early as possible.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
oops

edit on 17-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I too found the punishment extreme .

But i had a look at the schools Changes and Reminders - Code of Student Conduct 2010/11 where it makes mention of " - Change in definition of Class B weapons. " .
So on page 47 of the revised Code of Conduct (pdf) i found the following ......

Class B weapons include :

Posession of a toy gun.
Toys which resemble weapons, when used in a threatening manner.
Knives ..........
Pipe ....
Razorblades...........
Ice picks...........
Nunchakus..........
Pepper spray....
Ammunition ......

A sad reaction to such occurrences .....

7 - Year old brings loaded guns to school

A 7-year-old first-grader showed up at school Monday with two loaded handguns, Baltimore County, Maryland, police told CNN Tuesday.
--------------------------------
He said police believe the 7-year-old stayed at an uncle's house in Baltimore over the weekend, and found the guns there. Police believe he thought they were toys, he said.

edit on 17-9-2010 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Grab a rock from the grounds and beat someone over the head with it. It would make a much more effective weapon than a non-functional toy gun.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the day someone gets stabbed with a pen or pencil at school and they ban those.

The punishment was ridiculous. I think most place already have laws in place that toy guns aren't allowed to look like real guns, so the possibility of confusing the two is doubtful. I remember when that law came into place when I was a child. You could buy really cool looking squirt guns, but now they are all clear bright colored plastic.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

If only we were in Japan
There they have really realistic guns and no one has real guns so you never have to worry about stuff like this.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
They've got to teach the kids from an early age that guns are evil. If they don't then the kids will grow up believing they have the right to own one.

top topics

join