It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi hedges on tax cuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Pelosi hedges on tax cuts

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Thursday renewed her pledge to pass an extension of the Bush tax cuts for the middle class, but now she’s leaving the door open to extending the tax cuts for upper-income Americans.

The California Democrat, speaking in the same room House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) appeared in earlier in the day, said that the “only thing I can tell you is the tax cuts for the middle class will be extended this Congress,” leaving open the possibility that cuts for people making more than $250,000 could be extended at some point, too.

“What I believe the American people deserve is a tax cut for the middle class,” Pelosi said. “And without getting into procedure and timing and process, what we’re going to do is to say at the end of the day the extension of the Obama middle-income tax cuts will take place, and that’s what I have to say on the subject.”

I find it amazing that Nancy "Placebo" Pelosi could bash President Bush on every decision he could make and every chance she could. Now that the polls, especially the primaries this past Tuesday, show that the Democrats are in a little bit of hot water when it comes to the people who put them in positions of power in the first place. "Placebo" and her fellow constituents suddenly are making an about face on their liberal ideology.

Oh how the fear of losing control can make a person think in ways that's contrary to their norm. As you'll see that she believes that the middle-class should have tax cuts, we all know in the real world the middle-class needs jobs so that they can pay taxes on top of the fact that the middle-class is a segment of society that is disappearing at an alarming rate.

Is it me or is this reality that only the Democrats change rules in the middle of a game to make an appeasement to voters so they can carry out more broken promises in the event of getting elected or re-elected? Liberals can trash conservatives all they want but the one thing about conservatives, mostly, is that they stick to their guns.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

democrats in hot water- yup
trying to change the rules- gutlty as charged

sweeping corruption underneath the rug except only when it can give them power - guilty.

and yes republicans love them or hate them did stick to their guns so to speak.

two months and hopefully we will not ever have to hear the name" pelosi" agian

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

TAX CUTS.

THESE ARE NOT TAX CUTS!

These are not raising taxes. What kind of Orwellian world do we live in. Attempting to equate not raising taxes to Tax Cuts.

Oh, and if they are going to call them Tax Cuts, why not give them the PROPER NAME, Bush Tax Cuts.

That is what they ARE!

new topics

join