It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Names Iraqis Who Would Face War Crimes Trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I've just read this report at the N.Y. Times website:

WASHINGTON, March 15 � For the first time, the Bush administration has identified nine senior Iraqi officials, including Saddam Hussein and his two sons, who would be tried for war crimes or crimes against humanity after an American-led attack on Iraq, a senior American official said.

The list of names � compiled, but not published, by American intelligence agencies � includes members of Mr. Hussein's inner circle who sit atop a hierarchy of 2,000 members of the Iraqi elite.

If the people on this list were to leave and there was a new leadership willing to disarm and "open up" Iraq, a senior official said, then it could avoid war.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
We have denied the authority of the International Criminal Court to rule over our country and arrest our citizens. I think if the International Criminal Court is to be obeyed then all parties must accept it's right to prosecute. Our government has refused this right, and I can't see how they can impose the right of the Court on others while keeping themselves at bay. If these men do get charged with war crimes then the trial can't be International. It would have to take place in Iraq. What do you think????

join