It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has become an embarrassment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Raustin.....

I think it takes more than a "passing acqaintance" to get to grips with ATS.

I think you're friends need more time on ATS, before they can provide well informed commentary regarding same.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The new design is to deter those unworthy to receive the true wisdom, just like the invention of Satan.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I have to say that on the infrequent occasions that I visit ATS while not logged in, I think it looks kind of crappy.

I just logged out to check it out and as far as I can tell there's no real difference in how crappy it looked before and how crappy it looks now. But there are far more ads (and I think that non-members see popups too, though I have those blocked in my browser), and because the avatars don't show virtually every image on every page is an ad of one sort or another. Plus they use some Google AdSense words, which always annoy me.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

No smoke without fire
People can place sparks where there was initially no fire and get the illusion of smoke. Trust me, I have looked into ATS, whilst there is no conclusive evidence about ATS, there is pretty damaging stuff out there relating to GLP, very damaging stuff actually. Check my last post's edit to see my research into ATS and WhispersInTheDark. Whilst I don't trust the staff like I used to, I still don't completely distrust them.

edit on 17/9/10 by CHA0S because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

I am just saying that there is a lot of ATS hate on the web as a whole. I appreciate a lot goes back to certain 'events' a few years ago, but it is out on the web for all to see.

Anyway, I guess my point is that the OP should remember ATS is a business and profit comes first. The ads are the business model and Twitter, Facebook etc. are marketing mechanisms.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I agree, and I can't stand the huge text such as 'YOUR Private Messages' or 'POST A Reply/Comment' in day-glo green and white. The favourite forums page is now spread out with huge text that makes you have to continuously scroll down the page to read, whereas before it was all self-contained in nice small boxes and you could see at a glance the latest threads in your favourite forums without needing to scroll.

Now I wouldn't mind larger text if the page width fitted all the way across the screen on my 1920x1200 24" monitor, but the page width is limited and the text is cramped against the margin of the screen, making very inefficient use of the screen space. Then you have that ridiculous big blue bar across the top of the screen.. BTS is supposed to be 'merged' but how do you get into it? There's certainly nothing on that big blue bar to show you where to go. Also, to me, 'forums' and 'discussion board' is the same thing, correct me if I'm wrong? One of those buttons is surely redundant and confusing and should be replaced by 'BTS', or 'My ATS' like it was before.

I realise it's all about the content - not just the looks - but it's come to the point where the threads I'm interested in are dominated by a small gang of back-slapping skeptics that continue to make post-after-post where there is absolutely no need to make their point in more than one post. It's like the website is their personal blog or something. We get it, we know how they feel about these subjects, it's just ruined the place. They do enough to stay within the T&C and remain cordial and friendly. Yet, the people who I think added REAL value to the forum have been driven away from here and it's downright sad. Though it's been good to see one of them come back in recent times (yay, zorgon!). I do think though, there has been a concerted effort to discredit certain personalities via this website, where it makes it impossible to have a balanced and reasoned even-handed discussion. Many friends of mine have been banned in the process of presenting the other side of the coin. It's a real shame.

edit on 17-9-2010 by RiotComing because: adding an extra little bit

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by lordtyp0

I am just saying that there is a lot of ATS hate on the web as a whole. I appreciate a lot goes back to certain 'events' a few years ago, but it is out on the web for all to see.

Anyway, I guess my point is that the OP should remember ATS is a business and profit comes first. The ads are the business model and Twitter, Facebook etc. are marketing mechanisms.

Meh, true I suppose.
But then this is the only site like this I frequent. more because I made acquaintances/friends with a couple people. That being said there is always rivalry between similar sites. Consider Digg vs. Reddit...

Otherwise, this is a site of conspiracies. The content itself implies a degree of paranoia. It is an obvious extension that people would accuse as being a front for this or that. It is always concentrated in those who feel slighted as well.

So, whether some other site harbors dislike..Who really cares/why would they care?

edit on 17-9-2010 by lordtyp0 because: The CIA implant made me change something to spread confusion.. Then erased what it was..

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

It was your posts that sent me on a Google mission to find out more. Whispers in the Dark and all that O'Hare UFO stuff brings up some very emotive conversations elsewhere on the web.

I still don't know what to make of those events.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I dont tell any of my friends about ATS, kind of like a guilty pleasure I like to keep to myself. I really like the new look of ATS, its much easier to navigate. The only problem, is the lack of interesting topics for me at the moment a lot seems to be same shiz different day.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Whispers in the Dark and all that O'Hare UFO stuff brings up some very emotive conversations elsewhere on the web.
Indeed.

I still don't know what to make of those events.
Neither do I, we can research it all we like, but I guess we'll never know what to make of those events. I've looked into it just about as much I can be bothered, nothing has ever come from it all, and ATS still some how remains the most popular conspiracy forum. I'll just give the staff the benefit of the doubt and take advantage of this forum and the posters on it for now. I've come to the conclusion that it's actually a good thing to have your enemies closer, that way you can watch them and observe their agenda.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Comments and critique are always welcome. You can do so in the ATS Issues thread or by posting a complaint (available from the member tools). If you want to discuss the new look of ATS you can do so in this thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join