It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can People Still Deny There Isn't Something In Our Skies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is for those people out there that were talking about UFO's before they were lets say "mainstream". How is there still denial that there is something going on in the sky?

Besides the videos or footage of already debunked, or hoaxed UFO's, why isn't there a consensus of the reality that there is something going on? I remember when people were practically run out of town when even mentioning something that had to do with UFO's, but now, you cant get away from it.

Every country in the world has either discussed, shown video, or have openly said they were on the "Unidentified Flying Object" bandwagon. This is no longer for the "lone nuts" or the sci-fi geeks, this is the real deal. Look, I'm not even claiming that these are E.T's from another planet, but what I can say is that there is way to much evidence that these are not weather balloons, or lanterns.

It still fascinates me, when I mention something like, hey did you see the footage from the Japanese news where they have footage of a UFO all over the media there, and I get a (over exaggerated eye roll), and a response of, "yeah right", or haven't people gotten over that? There are no UFO's, and thats when my response is "What planet are YOU from"?

I figure that as long as we still have those that refuse to even evolve to the notion that we have something that in one way or another will have some sort of identification, whether it be something man made or otherwise, we will remain with questions that will prevent us from ever finding the truth.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The knowledge of the object would ruin the economy and put a lot of
people hiding it against those wishing to defeat the science dictatorship that has no Hitler.
Well perhaps the science dictatorship must be denied then there is
no need to find the Hitler in charge.
ED: Some people think jobs would be created.
However Saudi oil would be a thing of the past and might take it
out on the Illuminati.
ED: Think about it a win win situation for us.
Why people think otherwise... Oil money spent wisely since 1945
to keep Tesla generators and his aircraft out of sight and mind.

edit on 9/16/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think your answer lies within your title. I question if it's denial in general or the stigma that the term UFO has. It often seems that the term UFO infers aliens which is different from something in the sky. Admitting that there is something unidentified in our skies by a few/some/most still means that we have UFO's, by definition. Personally I'd prefer a distinctive term between unidentified objects in the sky that are thought to be terrestrial and those that are thought to be alien. I personally believe the statistics would then change.

By saying that doesn't mean I don't believe that life elsewhere shouldn't exist and that we most likely have and currently are visited by aliens although I question the proof of it. I may be similarly open minded to some here at ATS but that's a small portion of the greater population that may be narrow minded and think that UFO means alien instead of possibly terrestrial based military projects, for example.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Friend, stop and consider that the media ( especially television ) for the last 40-50 years has programmed it's viewers to automatically believe that anyone that sees or believes in anything that is not 100% terrestrial is a raving loon or an under-educated yokel; was this done deliberately? In my honest opinion, yes.

Also consider that we the people are fed a daily ration of feces by the media about most things, add in tidbits like Ronald Reagan's " what if ..." speech with a side order of George Adamski and Blossom Goodchild, not to mention the hard core Ain't gonna believe it unless it bites my ass group, no, it isn't all that dfficult to understand why...

just my two $ents worth...

seeker

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Speaking of things in our skies...!!!

www.wimp.com...

This was almost unbelievable!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
After seeing recent NASA TV I am convinced that any UFO/Aliens out there (space) would have one heck of a time coming to Earth undetected by any of the many Space programs of the US and other countries around the world is dam impossible.

There is so much human made objects/craft flying around up there that they (aliens etc) would probably risk more by trying to fly through it all than staying out there. Don't believe me? Go outside at night, around 9-12 (at least in the PA area) and Look UP toward/around the Big Dipper.! It won't take long before you see the "movers". The stuff flying up in space. They all move in pretty much straight lines. On a good clear night, you can see so many there won't be any denying that things are up there. They're are just human made-thats all.

Besides, what more do they need to see/do? I think by now we, as a race, must have shown them we aren't worth their time.

Anything out there watching and/or montoring us are probably trying to ensure we don't get to far out into space and muck it up a good thing they got going on.

When I joined ATS, I wanted more-to prove to me the UFO/Aliens exist. I believe they exist but I think that humans have distored, lied, made up so much of it that anything real would be scoffed at IMO.

Now, I have to go to the side of something has to land, crack open a keg and invite everyone around over for a tall cold one. Otherwise, it is a human and/or human made.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

NoRegretsEver.....

How is there still denial that there is something going on in the sky?

Please define "something".

Thank you
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Sir, thank you. That is exactly what I am talking about-the movers (see my reply-which I was typing while you posted this. GOOD MAN.

Star for you.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

My pleasure!

It sure freaked me out seeing all those!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You want to believe there is something "other" out there.

Good on you! So do I.

Now show me the proof.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Yes, thanks for that. I showed it to my 12 yr old, and she asked with that many satellites, how come people don't get better satellite t.v. reception.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by anon72

My pleasure!

It sure freaked me out seeing all those!

Friend, it you have ever watched any of the live shuttle launches, you might have heard it being discussed that they were awaiting a "window of opportunity" so they could proceed with the launch; this was because there are so many satellites and other assorted crap like spent boosters, etc., that they are literally flying thru a junkyard.

seeker

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

I hadn't heard that before. I thought it seemed like alot of garbage,too!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Every country in the world has either discussed, shown video, or have openly said they were on the "Unidentified Flying Object" bandwagon.

What exactly is the "UFO bandwagon" and which countries are on it?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Every country in the world has either discussed, shown video, or have openly said they were on the "Unidentified Flying Object" bandwagon.

What exactly is the "UFO bandwagon" and which countries are on it?

The countries on the planet earth. There is countless, and I mean countless pieces of information ALL over the internet, that are clearly open and discuss amongst their people what happens and what they think might or might not be out there.

Just check any newspaper, or news channel (outside US MSM), and you will see. It would take me hours to try to list all of the info available.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The countries on the planet earth. There is countless, and I mean countless pieces of information ALL over the internet, that are clearly open and discuss amongst their people what happens and what they think might or might not be out there.

Which countries are doing this again?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
There are far too many credible witnesses from all over the world for me to doubt. We have airoplane pilots, police officers, astronauts, and people from all walks of life who have seen UFO's. We had reports of UFO's long before the first airoplane was even created. There are reports that people can get due to the freedom of information act. Anyone who does any serious research will find that UFO's exist.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yes there are lots of things in our sky. Aircraft, helicopters, satellites, UAVs, balloons, Chinese lanterns, kites, kites with LEDs attached to them, meteors entering our atmosphere

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I agree that UFOs have been seen by thousands of credible witnesses over the past few decades, and the subject continues to interest me. The only problem is that I have not seen one myself. When we are talking about the possibility of UFOs being extraterrestrial visitors, this is a crucial missing piece in the puzzle for me.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
Speaking of things in our skies...!!!

www.wimp.com...

This was almost unbelievable!

Wow, that is unbelievable. I hope they don't bump into each other.

Ufosbri has got to watch that.

new topics

top topics

join