It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Admits Church Failures in Sex Abuse Scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Can You Say Too Little, Too Late?

EDINBURGH, Scotland – Pope Benedict XVI waded into the hostile atmosphere Thursday of highly secular Britain, admitting the Catholic Church did not act decisively or quickly enough to remove priests who molested children in his strongest comments yet on the worldwide sex abuse crisis shaking his church.

In a visit unprecedented for the bitter opposition to his papacy, Benedict warned against "aggressive forms" of secularism. The German pope recalled how Britain had stood against "Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society."

Article

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
One thing I want to point out is that everyone already knew this, and he is just bringing it back into the spotlight.
Another thing is that his idiotic speech about the Nazi's was absolutely false. Many in the catholic church liked the Nazi's, and Hitler liked Christianity (of the faithful kind).
Hitler's Christianity
Not to mention that the real enemy of religion was communist Russia. In fact, many in the catholic church helped many Nazi's escape persecution.

Here is a great article on the Nazi party's love affair with all denominations of Christianity at the time:
Article

edit on 16-9-2010 by time91 because: spelling, links

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Then release your files.

I believe it when I see evidence.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Waded into hostility?

All i saw were a dozen left wing hippies, in a crowd of thousands of supporters.

The Pope has admitted failures, what more do you want?

He wasnt even Pope at the time of the abuse.

new topics

top topics

join