It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State tracked, reported on constitutionally protected protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

State tracked, reported on constitutionally protected protests

www.wnd.com

The state of Pennsylvania has been paying a private contractor to spy on non-threatening protesters exercising their First Amendment rights, and then report on them to officials and corporate executives, and Gov. Ed Rendell says he's embarrassed by the situation.

Published reports in Pennsylvania said the state had paid a non-profit organization $125,000 to compile a list of protesters in order to protect "public infrastructure."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The work apparently involved protesters against shale gas drilling, a rally regarding education and anti-tax efforts.

The Department of Homeland Security then compiled a list of observations about the protesters and provided that to law enforcement and government officials as well as gas drilling companies, according to the Tribune-Review.

WHAT constitution? Oh, you mean the one that Bush and now Obama are wiping their butts with? Oh yeah, that one.

I don't pay taxes to be spied on!!!!!!!!!!!

So if PA is doing this, that immediately begs the question:

"What other states are doing this?"

Terrorist minds want to know.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
State sponsored espionage on their own people, at the people's expense. Just for attending a protest. We are so numb to this anymore, we just don't care. It'll take state-run cameras in our bedrooms before anyone will say anything, and even then, I doubt it.

Yeah, yeah. This is my one bump, and I make the jump. Figured this thread would have done better.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Tell you the truth, I dont even know what to say to this.

My jaw is still resting on the floor.

What is it going to take for people? I mean really? What will it take? Why do welet these bastards get away with this kind of crap and then just act as if they had every right to ?

Im just in awe right now.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

And they have the nerve to demand more taxes.
For what? Crap like this?

Any wonder why this country is broke? Any wonder why it is estimated that over 40% won't even pay taxes anymore? They're losing it up there, and they're losing us down here. Slowly but surely.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

"nothing to see here, move along, and we will be in contact with you in the near future about your resistance to the state".

"its best if you tell your family you love them now, you might not get another chance".

top topics

join