It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t Give Iran's Ahmadinejad Access to U.S. Airwaves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
QUOTE FROM ARTICLE-
"One sanction against Iran that can be implemented before President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad arrives in New York to address the U.N. next week is to ban him from U.S. television interviews.

"Good Morning America" anchor George Stephanapolous hosted the wily Iranian leader when he last visited in May to address the U.N. nuclear proliferation summit. Ironically, Iran’s quest for nuclear-weapons capability U.N.dermines the essence of the 40-year old Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. "

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

edit on 16-9-2010 by logicalthinking because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
While I wont pretent to be an expert on our ME politics, I must say that in a country that supposedly cherishes free speech, what you are proposing is Very Hypocritical...

~meathead

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

Why don't you try doing what your name says, try that.

We don't need more brainwashed Neocon propaganda here. Ahmadinejad is not a threat to America or Israel, it's the other way around.

We have something called from of the press, I don't know about you but I prefer freedom.

edit on 9/16/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

first off i posted the article, where does it say i agree with it??? because i sure as hell dont...i know its propaganda thats why i posted it..i just posted another thread where Ahmadinejad basically says there is neocon/zionist control in america, dont put words into my mouth!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
While I wont pretent to be an expert on our ME politics, I must say that in a country that supposedly cherishes free speech, what you are proposing is Very Hypocritical...

~meathead

Its a damn quote from the article, you would realize that if you would have read what i posted instead of jumping to the idea that i said this myself, im against it thats why i posted so it could gain attention!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalthinking
reply to post by Misoir

first off i posted the article, where does it say i agree with it??? because i sure as hell dont...i know its propaganda thats why i posted it..i just posted another thread where Ahmadinejad basically says there is neocon/zionist control in america, dont put words into my mouth!

I apologize then. You should go back to the OP and put [qute] in between what you copied from the link so we know what is your opinion and what was copied, that way this mistake doesn't happen again.

(I spelled quote wrong so that it will show up)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

is to ban him from U.S. television interviews.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Can you do that in the USA sounds pretty repressive against the tv companies that might want him on and a bit negative to avoid listening when an opponent is talking, or are they afraid he may wake some listeners up.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

One sanction against Iran that can be implemented before President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad arrives in New York to address the U.N. next week is to ban him from U.S. television interviews.

"Good Morning America" anchor George Stephanapolous hosted the wily Iranian leader when he last visited in May to address the U.N. nuclear proliferation summit. Ironically, Iran’s quest for nuclear-weapons capability U.N.dermines the essence of the 40-year old Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

I did not see here where you say you are not supportive of this..If this is a case of me shooting the messenger than you have my DEEPEST APOLOGIES..

Respectfully,

~meathead

edit on 16-9-2010 by Mike Stivic because: fixed quote

edit on 16-9-2010 by Mike Stivic because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

i know its propaganda thats why i posted it.

i ... uh...um... uh... what?

ok. i'm confused.

Don't Give Propaganda Access to Our ATS Airwaves.
Don’t Give Iran's Ahmadinejad Access to U.S. Airwaves.

"i know its propaganda thats why i posted it."

i read that 5 times. i don't know how i really feel about that sentence.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
thanks for the apologies guys! Yes it is propaganda, the original article and statements...click the damn link and read it...really gettin sick of the accusations that ppl make without reading the full article...To those who apologized thank you...I did make a mistake by not listing it as a quote of the article itself...and my apologies for the confusion..

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Would you rather ignore him? If we do ignore Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, then we are only embracing ignorance, instead of denying it.

If he is so crazy and tyrannical, then what would it matter if he had access to our airwaves? Let's deny ignorance, not embrace it.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I would rather ban George Stephanapolous
from the airwaves.
With him it is not free speech he forms
public opinion and never gives his own.
So in his case it is not free speech!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I took the OP wrong as well . I was going to play devils advocate and post this ...peace

Secret Document Affirms US-Israel Nuclear Partnership .. According to Army Radio, the U.S. has reportedly pledged to sell Israel materials used to produce electricity, as well as nuclear technology and other supplies, despite the fact that Israel is not a signatory of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. www.mediafreedominternational.org... ampaign=Feed%3A+TheMediaFreedomFoundation+%28The+Media+Freedom+Foundation%29

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is a decision that should not be made by anyone at any time. Ahmadinejad is coming to where the UN is, as is his right, under the charter of the UN, and he does have the right to speak. To ultimately ban him from the airwaves or appearing on the TV, will not do any good for anyone. To do such, will only serve to give him the ammunition that he can use back in Iran to claim that the US is evil and unfair, and how we are nothing more than a bunch of hypocrits for spouting the freedom of speech and not allowing him to address the American population.
Personally, I do not believe he will say anything new, and will start with thank you to the UN for allowing him to speak, and then how the program that Iran is doing is there for peace, and not for military purposes, and how unfair it is that the US and its allies are going against them and not Isreal, probably do a shout out for the Palastines that are being mistreated by Isreal, how the nation of Isreal are committing acts of against human rights. And that the US is evil and the greater terrorist for having nuclear weapons and all nations should be allowed to protect itself agains the imperialist expansion of the US and its allies. He will also probably mention about how much of a shame about the Quar'an burning and that it is a shame that muslims can not build a mosque where they want, showing that the US is a bunch of religious bigots.
It is the same thing, new words and personally if he does speak, I may listen to the translation, but will not be shocked by anything me may or may not say.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So now America should be like North Korea?

It's fairly obvious why they don't want to give him access to the airwaves, especially after the last time he said that Osama is in an american state.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad is cheap entertainment. You think American politics is fu**ed up. Listen to this train wreak for 5 minutes.

Even our craziest liberals sound like they know what they are talking about compared to this ass clown.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I love it, I think him and Kimmy should go on broadway and produce shows together...

They could to the ol odd couple comedy stuff! I could see Ahmadinejad saying "Pow Right in the kisser"

new topics

top topics

join